Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

In the Sun is that he's done his ankle ligaments and is likely to be out for a month.

That's his problem, he is made of glass. Quite how he managed to get a new contract I will never know, he is injuered more often than Darren Anderton!

Not really his fault. It looked a pretty shit tackle at the time. Think most players would be out after this one.

He has put up a post on twitter that reads like

"worst tackle I've ever had to take, lucky my legs are strong because I thought I had a broken ankle or leg, scan showed no real damage, thankfully will be back in weeks not months"

In the Sun is that he's done his ankle ligaments and is likely to be out for a month.

Why am I not surprised.

Kid is made of tracing paper

Comments like that are harsh. He did his knee ligaments when he was in the Youth cup team and three years ago when he was just breaking into the first team squad he did his cruciate in training.

For any player to have two injuries of that nature in their career is terrible luck, to have two before you even turn 20 us smashing a few mirrors and walking through a sanctuary of black cats luck.

Way some people are going on it's like he's just suffered Vlaar type injuries in this career, obviously with those his knees will be weaker now so he will pick up injuries from that.

Comments like that are harsh. He did his knee ligaments when he was in the Youth cup team and three years ago when he was just breaking into the first team squad he did his cruciate in training.

For any player to have two injuries of that nature in their career is terrible luck, to have two before you even turn 20 us smashing a few mirrors and walking through a sanctuary of black cats luck.

Way some people are going on it's like he's just suffered Vlaar type injuries in this career, obviously with those his knees will be weaker now so he will pick up injuries from that.

Has he completed 1 season without sum long term injury. Not trying to be harsh but he isn't fit to do his job and if he is fit is he good enough? It's time for villa to let him leave in my opinion

Has he completed 1 season without sum long term injury. Not trying to be harsh but he isn't fit to do his job and if he is fit is he good enough? It's time for villa to let him leave in my opinion

He has been unlucky with injuries, but I am now of this opinion as well.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4948628,00.html

New three-year deal with Gardner signed

Quite surprised at this. Really want the lad to make it, but with every season that goes by it just seems less likely. 

Certainly does. At least he's not taking a place from someone else. Perhaps this contract will spur him on some more, he's a good talent even if he's nowhere near a world beater. We could do with academy squad players, worth their weight in gold.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Also a little surprised, not least because he has a year to run on his current deal and could do with proving his fitness.

We do need some more bodies in midfield though. Sherwood must have been impressed enough with what he saw in training before he got injured. 

He's only suffering from a minor injury, nothing more than a molehill for Gary compared to the previous injuries he’s overcome.

Obviously Tim has seen enough in him to green light a new deal. Hopefully he gets & takes his chance this year.

Â