Brad Guzan

R.Bear

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I don't like the vitriol aimed at him currently. He's done well for us in his time and has kept us out the sticky stuff more than enough times, even after being overshadowed by friedel for too long and after we dicked him over by releasing him and then signing him back. 

He has never run the club down, took the proverbial and has never just been happy to collect his salary etc...

Yes he's been poor recently, I do think he is done here and criticism is fine and recently justifiable but he doesn't deserve the dogs abuse he's been getting lately. 

I'm thankful to Brad and when/if he does go I'll be wishing him luck.

Sure

but he's absolute shite

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BOF said:

You started with a bit of a poem there Stevo so I carried it on :)

I'm happy for Bunn to have a run, but where did you draw the conclusion,

that Guzan is bad at crosses, to me that's just delusion,

I don't think that's the case at all, apart from early on,

but recently he's on the ball, for me those worries are gone.

Your post BOF it sure made me LOL

Yes Guzan should not keep our goal

He once had a use

And deserves no abuse

But top flight has taken its toll

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I don't like the vitriol aimed at him currently. He's done well for us in his time and has kept us out the sticky stuff more than enough times, even after being overshadowed by friedel for too long and after we dicked him over by releasing him and then signing him back. 

He has never run the club down, took the proverbial and has never just been happy to collect his salary etc...

Yes he's been poor recently, I do think he is done here and criticism is fine and recently justifiable but he doesn't deserve the dogs abuse he's been getting lately. 

I'm thankful to Brad and when/if he does go I'll be wishing him luck.

You're wasting your time mate. Apparently, saving us from the drop earlier means nothing and he deserves nothing less than all the abuse than can be mustered.

Randy and co should have built a better defence in front of him when he had good form so that he didn't get his confidence shattered.

I think he now has to leave, Even if he regained some of his old form there are too many dickheads after his blood. As you say, good luck to him too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, supermon said:

Major selection dillema for Garde now...

Really? Guzan made one very good save, and flapped at one cross, missing it, which their player helpfully headed over the bar. Compared to some of his recent performances, this was decent, but it's hardly a 'selection dilemma'. Guzan was playing in the second XI for a reason. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Really? Guzan made one very good save, and flapped at one cross, missing it, which their player helpfully headed over the bar. Compared to some of his recent performances, this was decent, but it's hardly a 'selection dilemma'. Guzan was playing in the second XI for a reason. 

Exactly this. Nothing tonight made me think Guzan should be put back in. 

Major selection dillema for Garde now...

Sarcasm?

He was as frightening as ever. Flapping and faffing around as he does.

I don't know what on earth has happened to the bloke. He was, genuinely, in my top 3 Villa keepers of the last 25 years at one point. Mental thinking about it now.

I didn't agree with booing him though and made my feelings known. Sorry to the young lad I picked on, it wasn't "personal"!

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sarcasm?

He was as frightening as ever. Flapping and faffing around as he does.

I don't know what on earth has happened to the bloke. He was, genuinely, in my top 3 Villa keepers of the last 25 years at one point. Mental thinking about it now.

I didn't agree with booing him though and made my feelings known. Sorry to the young lad I picked on, it wasn't "personal"!

No idea why has happened either. I'd like to send him on loan, see if he can regain some composure.

bunn rightly replaced guzan in the last couple of games, but i dont think he is as bad as some say.

There is a great keeper in there, he has shown that. Personally i think he has just been worn down, who wouldnt be with the defence that we have had over the last couple of years? it could have been cech or de gea in goal, our tally would still be in the double negative digit with the associated loss of stride.

If we get kalinic, guzan would be the keeper i would move on, but in my eyes he coud leave here with his head held up high, he has earned that without a doubt, Where ever he might go he might need some time to settle in and get to grips, but im sure he would show what he is able to perform at this level again, He might even make us regret that we let him go

Edited by tomaspg
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, tomaspg said:

bunn rightly replaced guzan in the last couple of games, but i dont think he is as bad as some say.

There is a great keeper in there, he has shown that. Personally i think he has just been worn down, who wouldnt be with the defence that we have had over the last couple of years? it could have been cech or de gea in goal, our tally would still be in the double negative digit with the associated loss of stride.

If we get kalinic, guzan would be the keeper i would move on, but in my eyes he coud leave here with his head held up high, he has earned that without a doubt, Where ever he might go he might need some time to settle in and get to grips, but im sure he would show what he is able to perform at this level again, He might even make us regret that we let him go

He has never been a "great" keeper, far from it. He was decent, a middle of the table PL keeper but his form has been declining for 2 or perhaps 3 seasons now.

While it's true he hasn't had good protection from those in front of him he hasn't performed well for some time and some of the deficiencies in his game are his issues alone.

I wish him well but will be happy to see him replaced, I don't think he will get another gig in the PL unless it's as a number 2.

• Like 1

I was under the impression he was a good shot stopper, but apparently stats show him to be amongst the worst. He has nothing else in his game, his command of his area and distribution are terrible. He has added an infectious nervousness and poor decision making to his game, whilst turning his own fans against him with his off pitch behaviour. I think the lad needs a change.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Sorry but we can't afford sentiments for Guzan.

If he's not performing then he has to be dropped, Bunn has done okay so deserves him chance.

I hope Guzan can get his shit together again but honestly I'm unsure if he's capable of doing so, if we sign a new keeper then I think he'll be on his way out.

Â