Brad Guzan

R.Bear

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

He has never been a "great" keeper, far from it. He was decent, a middle of the table PL keeper but his form has been declining for 2 or perhaps 3 seasons now.

While it's true he hasn't had good protection from those in front of him he hasn't performed well for some time and some of the deficiencies in his game are his issues alone.

I wish him well but will be happy to see him replaced, I don't think he will get another gig in the PL unless it's as a number 2.

Maybe im seeing the past with rose tinted glasses, but when he was at his best id say he could get into a top half club wihout any troubles, but i agree that his form has been declining and now is probably a good time to switch things up.

agree, his distribution has been pretty poor for quite a while and there has been some pretty simple misstakes which really shouldn't happen.

Probably not, but im sure he could work his way back into a starting spot

57 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

A bag of nerves against a League 2 team. Bloody hell.

I don't think the quality of opposition matters when you're a keeper in terms of nerves.

If anything, it might make them worse as there's greater pressure not to **** up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sarcasm?

He was as frightening as ever. Flapping and faffing around as he does.

I don't know what on earth has happened to the bloke. He was, genuinely, in my top 3 Villa keepers of the last 25 years at one point. Mental thinking about it now.

I didn't agree with booing him though and made my feelings known. Sorry to the young lad I picked on, it wasn't "personal"!

Yes sarcasm lol, wouldn't have Guzan back over Bunn

• Like 1

He has got worse year on year.  His kicks only just reach the half way line which immediately puts us under pressure especially being a small side. Look at the Leicester goal for how a good long kick can be effective. He is still a good shot stopper but he is getting less commanding in his box which maybe confidence and his overall demeanour spreads insecurity to the back line. It'd be best for all involve for him to get out and try to get his confidence back. MLS here he comes. 

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Think his time is up, but will certainly wish him well for future. has been a good servant to the club. Has certainly been one of our better keepers

has he? Bosnich, Friedel, Sorenson, Given have all been better. Him, Carson and Enckelman will compete for our worst No.1 in this league

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

On 20/01/2016 at 13:12, bobzy said:

Surely any nerves would be worse against a League 2 team?  Not sure why that's shocking.

I would have thought that a player would be more confident against a lower league team. Doesn't make sense that he would be more nervous.

This guy was average at his very best. How can he be so highly rated when he let so many goals in year after year.

As soon as we get a quality keeper it will make the world of difference and i think people will only realise then how bad he has been.

I think it was the watford game where he summed it up for me. We had a freekick near the touchline in our own half....guzan came over to take it. In his infinite wisdom he decides not to kick long down the pitch, but to square it to richards, who is then under immediate pressure. He panics and gets rid quickly whilst guzan is now scampering back to the gaping empty net he left.

What the hell was he thinking??

He's erratic and a panic merchant.

I can't wait to see the back of him

Â