Brad Guzan

R.Bear

His form has been garbage for about 3 years now, last time he won us a game was at Norwich in 2013, you see half decent keepers do it weekly in the league. the fact 2 managers in Lambert and Garde keep him as undisputed No.1 is baffling and a disgrace

Would be surprised if he plays tomorrrow, the fan outrage story will probably be an easy way for Garde to keep him out.

Bunn won't keep out premier league strikers so we need a new keeper a.s.a.p with a view to next season.

How is Steer doing at Huddersfield, I imagine he'll come into contention next season. Come on you Lolley fanboys, give me some comments. ;)

To be honest I like Guzan but i'm at the stage now where I hold little sentiment towards any of them. The only players i'd be disappointed to see leave next season would be Amavi and Ayew for their quality and Bacuna for his work ethic.

The rest can **** off.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

To be honest I like Guzan but i'm at the stage now where I hold little sentiment towards any of them. The only players i'd be disappointed to see leave next season would be Amavi and Ayew for their quality and Bacuna for his work ethic.

The rest can **** off.

Add Veretout and Okore to the keep list and I'd agree.

18 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The rest can **** off.

How dare you want to get rid of CARLES GIL.:(

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His form has been garbage for about 3 years now, last time he won us a game was at Norwich in 2013, you see half decent keepers do it weekly in the league. the fact 2 managers in Lambert and Garde keep him as undisputed No.1 is baffling and a disgrace

Not really fair on Garde is it, he has been linked with a few keepers and he's steering a sinking ship. Plus we're not blessed with backup keepers....Bunn...no thanks.

His form hasn't been garbage, he just hasn't been the same. His crossing positioning is suspect and his distribution has been appalling for those 3 years. I would absolutely replace him and I think you could do it quite easily. But he's not the problem to our form, he's just gone stale and isn't going to move us forward. He's also too short...sorry Brad...

Then again if you argued that his inability to properly organise a defence and control players at set pieces means he absolutely cannot play I might have considered your argument ;)

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How dare you want to get rid of CARLES GIL.:(

Nothing against the players. The three highlighted are better than the rest but still, **** them.

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would be surprised if he plays tomorrrow, the fan outrage story will probably be an easy way for Garde to keep him out.

Bunn won't keep out premier league strikers so we need a new keeper a.s.a.p with a view to next season.

How is Steer doing at Huddersfield, I imagine he'll come into contention next season. Come on you Lolley fanboys, give me some comments. ;)

I thought Bunn done good against Wycombe.  Was a better performance than Guzan produced all season 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I must be missing something with Okore. Far from impressed with his ability. His effort isn't much better, his pathetic attempt on Arsenal's 4th in the Final is unforgivable.

15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I must be missing something with Okore. Far from impressed with his ability. His effort isn't much better, his pathetic attempt on Arsenal's 4th in the Final is unforgivable.

You realise this guy was playing injured for us for last two months of last season?

Edited by Jay.P.A

I've just reread a lot of the posts on this thread starting from about page 25. I suggest a few posters do the same. I'm not disagreeing that his slump in form has been alarming over the last year or so, but the lack of respect by some is disturbing. 

He may be a contributing factor to this great club's demise this season but one thing I'm certain of is that we would have been relegated already if it weren't for his previous significant contribution.

He has ability, his head's just a mess. It happens. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Not really fair on Garde is it, he has been linked with a few keepers and he's steering a sinking ship. Plus we're not blessed with backup keepers....Bunn...no thanks.

His form hasn't been garbage, he just hasn't been the same. His crossing positioning is suspect and his distribution has been appalling for those 3 years. I would absolutely replace him and I think you could do it quite easily. But he's not the problem to our form, he's just gone stale and isn't going to move us forward. He's also too short...sorry Brad...

Then again if you argued that his inability to properly organise a defence and control players at set pieces means he absolutely cannot play I might have considered your argument ;)

Brad is 6'4, not sure on what planet that is considered short.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 12:30, VillaChris said:

How do we know if we don't give him a go though?  He looked comfortable against a very physical side on Saturday and given Guzan's recent flubs I'd suggest a spell on the sidelines wouldn't be the worst idea for him.

17 hours ago, Shaw_nuff said:

I've just reread a lot of the posts on this thread starting from about page 25. I suggest a few posters do the same. I'm not disagreeing that his slump in form has been alarming over the last year or so, but the lack of respect by some is disturbing. 

He may be a contributing factor to this great club's demise this season but one thing I'm certain of is that we would have been relegated already if it weren't for his previous significant contribution.

He has ability, his head's just a mess. It happens. 

One very good season does not earn respect. I'll save my respect for the past players that earned it. 

Â