Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Flubbed one shot, but made a couple of really good saves. Defense didn't help him at all. Just play him till the end of the season in hopes another club might want him as a back up then ship him off. Steer should be our #1 next season. Hopefully Steer looks better than he did last season when Tim gave him a match. 

• Like 1

To be fair, he wasn't the worst player on the pitch and I don't think the goals were really his fault (though I haven't watched any highlights).

But his kicking was beyond embarrassing for a professional goalkeeper, he constantly turns over possession in our half and in general, he's still as bad as he was before. The notion that he's much better than Bunn is very misguided. They both aren't good enough, the difference is that Bunn might be on cheap enough wages to be a backup in the Championship.

Fairly typical game from Guzan -- a few good saves, a few panicky howlers, poor distribution. Nice to see that he's used his time on the bench to try to improve his game.

More than any other player in our squad (possible exception: Gabby), Brad seems to epitomize our abject failure. I don't mean that he alone (or even he especially) is responsible for that failure, only that he typifies it. 3-4 years ago, he was excellent for us. But with no competition for his spot, and apparently no one pushing him to become better, he's become lazy and complacent. Like the rest of our club from owner, to Board, to management, to coaching staff, to playing staff, rewarded at every turn for mediocrity and zero thought given to making improvements. For years, "just barely good enough" has been the acceptable standard.

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Just saw on "Match Of The Day" Guzan doing a fist pump when penalty hit post!! we was 4-0 down at time you useless bald ****!!

Now you jut looking for things to complain about.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Just saw on "Match Of The Day" Guzan doing a fist pump when penalty hit post!! we was 4-0 down at time you useless bald ****!!

I just assumed he got a touch so it was personal glory at least but yeah an odd one as it wasn't like it was 0-0.

Maybe he forgot to put Aguero as captain in his fantasy team, and with him missing the penalty still has a shot of finishing top of his friends league?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sne said:

Maybe he forgot to put Aguero as captain in his fantasy team, and with him missing the penalty still has a shot of finishing top of his friends league?

Have Aguero in my team Fantasy League team (Dream Team league) pal but not Guzan!! :)

More concerned about Villa, the performances and defence to care about Fantasy Football!! Guzan has been a major letdown for most of the season..

Look I was angry and upset last night and proper pissed of like most people about how our team performed and giving away sloppy goals and Guzan was to blame for a few yesterday and at time was annoyed he did fist pump when penalty hit the post when we was 4-0 down!

Anyway.. time to dwell!! and have calmed down now :)

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Have Aguero in my team Fantasy League team (Dream Team league) pal but not Guzan!! :)

More concerned about Villa, the performances and defence to care about Fantasy Football!! Guzan has been a major letdown for most of the season..

Look I was angry last night and proper pissed of like most people about how our team performed and giving away sloppy goals and Guzan was to blame for a few yesterday and at time was annoyed he did fist pump when penalty hit the post when we was 4-0 down!

Anyway.. time to dwell!! and have calmed down now. 

Haha, nah I meant that Guzan might have missed to put Aguero in his fantasy team, hence why he was celebrating

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Haha, nah I meant that Guzan might have missed to put Aguero in his fantasy team, hence why he was celebrating

ahhh, my bad :) I was pretty annoyed last night mate! thought it was about that seeing as few people have commented!

I know he had a good season or two. Put his performances over the last two seasons, and the ridiculous goals he has conceded puts him on Enckleman levels as being one of our worst ever premier league keepers. 

This man is absolutely shocking, just a shocking, pathetic excuse for a goalkeeper. 

• Like 1

Â