Brad Guzan

R.Bear

30 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

People seem to forget there's a reason Guzan has been picked ahead of Bunn all season. Because he's better. The manager will see that everyday in the training ground.

Seems a very simplistic view but anyway how he performs in training means absolutely nothing if he doesn't recreate it where it matters. I think we've seen the last of Guzan as a starter and it's about time.

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I very much doubt that, Penguin. Guzan's a good keeper. 

Keeper's rarely get dropped though Lex. Sherwood, and now Remi are seemingly not completely happy with the Goalkeeping options. I'd be staggered if Guzan or Bunn start next season as number 1. 

On 12/01/2016 at 00:50, Keyblade said:

Brad is 6'4, not sure on what planet that is considered short.

Oh, I assumed that his wikipedia page was wrong because I always thought he was 6"1.....I stand corrected..huh huh

I want him even less now, 6"4 and so bad at crosses....erm, welcome Bunn....but please let us replace Bunn...

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

39 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Oh, I assumed that his wikipedia page was wrong because I always thought he was 6"1.....I stand corrected..huh huh

I want him even less now, 6"4 and so bad at crosses....erm, welcome Bunn....but please let us replace Bunn...

I'm happy for Bunn to have a run, but where did you draw the conclusion that Guzan is bad at crosses?

I don't think that's the case at all apart from his very early Villa career.

I'm not a professional manager or coach at all and my suggestion may not hold weight in terms of modern day thinking with regards to coaching techniques but you know what I'd do with Guzan?  **** him off

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'm not a professional manager or coach at all and my suggestion may not hold weight in terms of modern day thinking with regards to coaching techniques but you know what I'd do with Guzan?  **** him off

What do those stars stand for?

Wank?

Toss?

;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm happy for Bunn to have a run, but where did you draw the conclusion that Guzan is bad at crosses?

I don't think that's the case at all apart from his very early Villa career.

Okay bad is perhaps not the right word but I don't like his positioning/footwork and I think it's suffered over the past few years. 

The Everton game is a good example for me, okay Lukaku's goal was a superb header but every time the ball is wide of Guzan he looks suspect, even when the ball is only a few yards away. I don't think he's comfortable adjusting his feet and body when the ball goes/comes from the side; shot or cross. I feel he used to be better.

Â