Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

With the balls Marc is putting in Darren would have a few goals under his belt. But we have holt or andi in stead

No he wouldn't.

He makes Grant Holt look trim, I have watched him waddling his fat arse now and again this season, no pace, no sharpness. Absolute garbage.

We have done well to save on his wages this season. We won't get away with it next.

Finished.

what makes you think we have saved on his wages?

I very much doubt if Fulham are paying full whack for him.

Yep they took his full wage and paid a loan fee.

have any proof of that?

Yep - but I'd rather you just didn't believe me.

I'd rather we just saw the proof. Or is that too sensible for this thread?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/10244363/Fulham-to-sign-Darren-Bent-on-loan-from-Aston-Villa.html

Bent's move will be for the season and Fulham are expected to pay a substantial loan fee, and the majority of his £65,000 a week wages, if the deal goes go through.

And the search for someone else stupid enough to chip in for his ridiculous wages starts again....

Larry Ellison?

More chance of Larry Grayson.

Darren Bent is a quality goalscorer and you could argue that he is too good and not good enough for teams like Aston Villa and Fulham.

Both our squads are insanely poor and have to battle for everything, simple fact is neither team can afford a player like him because we need our strikers to work back, win headers, run the line etc. I think he would fit into a team like Swansea, Southampton, Arsenal very well. There is a reason we paid 24m for him and that reason is still there, give him space in the box he is a pretty good finisher but we no longer have players that can give him a few chances a game and he would just be marked out of it if we stuck him up front because there is nobody else to worry about. I mean this guy still managed to bang in goals under the negative manager that was McLeish.

If we went out and signed two decent wide players and some sort of creative CM Id have no problem sticking Bent back up top. We have to learn to play football though first, quicker passing, movement, overall better players. Ruud Van Nistelrooy was the closest thing I have seen to Bent but even him in his prime would be useless for us now. Bent isn't the problem it is the players around him and how we set up. If we got a new manager in I reckon we would see Bent back next season.

• Like 2

I don't disagree as such but most teams pack out the midfield and teams tend to play 4 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 1

In teams like this Bent is ineffective.

under 4-4-2 he is very effective.

You kind of have to hope QPR come up as they'll be the only ones daft enough to sign him.

Either that, or he'll head off abroad to Turkey.

Whatever happens at the club, I seriously think his Villa career is over.

You kind of have to hope QPR come up as they'll be the only ones daft enough to sign him.

Didn't 'arry get rid of him when he was at Spuds?

Didn't 'arry get rid of him when he was at Spuds?

True - but Saggy Chops will be looking to spend money - regardless of their past, I can kind of seeing it happen

Â