Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

• 1 month later...

We need a goalscorer now Benteke is out, pity we can't recall Bent tomorrow and let him play against Fulham on Saturday!! We all know he is bound to score the winner.

Sigh, wish this club wasn't so bothered about wages all the time!

We need a goalscorer now Benteke is out, pity we can't recall Bent tomorrow and let him play against Fulham on Saturday!! We all know he is bound to score the winner.

He won't be able to play against us, so won't be scoring any goals. 

Given Fulham paid a loan fee for him I doubt there's a recall option.

His time at the club is over, we know it and he knows it.

Getting his 50k + wages off will hopefully give us scope to get in a decent attacking midfielder I would hope.

Would he be keen to go back to a club that pushed out the door as the wage they paid him was now too high? I'd be disillusioned as well. this whole clubs philosophy regards its outlook, staff, plan is saddening at best, disgraceful at it's worst

There are two youth team strikers ahead of him at Fulham. He wouldn't be playing this weekend even if he was eligible, for either team

He has made little to no impact at Fulham it seems which given he still has over a year left on his contract with us is a little worrying. I can see us being left lumbered with him and his estimated 70k a week wages next season.

Nothing against Darren Bent, but unless the managerial position changes at Villa Park ( & I obviously hope it doesn't) it ultimately means there is no future for him at Aston Villa FC.

Sadly too, his & Fulham's demise means he will be harder to shift in the Summer so we may have to offload him on even lesser terms or just practically give him away to ease the wage bill & to save him from rotting in the reserves.

Would he be keen to go back to a club that pushed out the door as the wage they paid him was now too high? I'd be disillusioned as well. this whole clubs philosophy regards its outlook, staff, plan is saddening at best, disgraceful at it's worst

lol

Do you just like to moan or are you really this dim?

1. He is on 65k, he isn't worth half of that.

2.The club done an amazing piece of business to get Fulham to pay us £2m and all of his wages.

3. He hasn't looked a good player in about 3 years.

4. He cannot score the winner as he isn't able to play against his parent club, as with all loan signings.

5. Bent is crap and not the answer.

...OMG let's bring back Hutton, Ireland, Bent, they were completely garbage for 90% of their time here but I need somebody to moan about.

Can we bring back Alpay too?

...OMG let's bring back Hutton, Ireland, Bent, they were completely garbage for 90% of their time here but I need somebody to moan about.

Wash your mouth out with soap! Alpay was excellent and does not belong in the same category as those other wasters.

• Like 1

Wash your mouth out with soap! Alpay was excellent and does not belong in the same category as those other wasters.

Ha you have proved my point exactly.

Ha you have proved my point exactly.

I agree....

... so long as your point was that you have a poor memory. Or maybe you aren't old enough?

Â