Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I wouldn't be surprised if Bent went to either Newcastle or Palace.

Pardew had Bent at Charlton and got him scoring. Pullis is normally good at getting the most at under performing players and it wouldn't surprise me if he went to Palace and scored plenty.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bent went to either Newcastle or Palace.

Pardew had Bent at Charlton and got him scoring. Pullis is normally good at getting the most at under performing players and it wouldn't surprise me if he went to Palace and scored plenty.

Curbishley got him scoring, Pards got them relegated.

I cannot see another PL touching him now, this is his 3rd season of doing nothing now.

Pards did take them down but to be fair to him when he took over them on Christmas Eve they had about 12 points and a -20 goal difference so not entirely his fault! He has already tried to sign Bent for Newcastle so would not be a surprise if he tried again.

We should be able to afford his wages, especially with the new BT deal.

Blues have been paying Zigic £70,000 a week in the Championship for the last three seasons.

We should be able to afford his wages, especially with the new BT deal.

Blues have been paying Zigic £70,000 a week in the Championship for the last three seasons.

Because they had too, its not about affording the wages anyway its about the player not being worth it. Tbh i think you'd struggle to find a villa fan who'd want him to stay on a 20k a week deal.

• Like 1

I can't wait for him to go. Useless player. He's a clearing in the woods too, all about himself. Don't like him as a person, don't like him as a player. 

He can take his ego and go to the MLS. 

Don't like him as a player is fair enough, but as a person? We don't know him. What makes you think he is all about himself?

My brother worked in Sutton at o2 for a few years and Bent came in a few times. Said he was more than happy to have a bit of a chat and even seemed fairly shy for a footballer, he's never had a bad word to say about him despite not rating him as a player.

• Like 1

Fulham fans are as a group some of the nicest in football. You've got to be unbelievably useless to get that lot to chant abuse at you.

Edited by Davkaus

Thing is, if we're stuck with him for 12 months, we may as well use him, even from off the bench.

Yes he's been poor for 3 seasons but who wouldn't be playing as a lone striker for McCleish. where he'd only have a handful of touches all game.

If a new owner comes in & invests, theres nothing to say we won't create more chances.

I'd personally see him gone but if he stays then lets make the most of it.

Thing is, if we're stuck with him for 12 months, we may as well use him, even from off the bench.

Yes he's been poor for 3 seasons but who wouldn't be playing as a lone striker for McCleish. where he'd only have a handful of touches all game.

If a new owner comes in & invests, theres nothing to say we won't create more chances.

Trouble is if we have someone like Bent on the bench he could be halting the progress of one of our youth players like Robinson. I'd prefer to see him leave on a free transfer if only to get him off the wage bill. 

Don't like him as a player is fair enough, but as a person? We don't know him. What makes you think he is all about himself?

My brother worked in Sutton at o2 for a few years and Bent came in a few times. Said he was more than happy to have a bit of a chat and even seemed fairly shy for a footballer, he's never had a bad word to say about him despite not rating him as a player.

+1

Met him in a shop. He was just browsing, and I asked for a photo. Absolutely no problem, gave me an autograph, smiled for the photo, shook my hand, and went back to looking around. Nice fella.

I can't really see anyone paying him the same wages he is on here so with Benteke out and Kozak coming back from injury we could still utilise him with the right manager coming in but if Lambert stays then he will be left to rot in the reserves unless one of the promoted teams would take him on loan.

Â