Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Technically poor footballers frustrate the hell out of me.

Hernandez screwing that one wide with his left foot against Sunderland. You could see it coming, so uneasy on that side of his body.

65K per week back on the books for next season it seems :(

Nah, I think he'll go to China, Turkey, USA, one of the Arabian leagues, maybe. Who knows, maybe Sunderland will have him back, it's not like Altidore is lighting it up for them. A lower end La Liga club could take a stab at him too.

Yes that was a bad miss, terrible in fact but his confidence must be totally shot. Stripped of the captaincy here and shoved out on loan. New club doesn't really play a system either to get the best out of him and he isn't getting a run of games to rebuild his confidence.

How many games did it take Benteke to score again coming back from injury and that's getting regular game time?

Criticism is a little unfair all things considered but I can't see Fulham signing him when his loan ends. It's a difficult one for both our club and the player.

Yes that was a bad miss, terrible in fact but his confidence must be totally shot. Stripped of the captaincy here and shoved out on loan. New club doesn't really play a system either to get the best out of him and he isn't getting a run of games to rebuild his confidence.

How many games did it take Benteke to score again coming back from injury and that's getting regular game time?

Criticism is a little unfair all things considered but I can't see Fulham signing him when his loan ends. It's a difficult one for both our club and the player.

Oh come off it Morpheus, he has been poor for a while and he hasn't looked the same ever since he did his ankle in against Wigan under McLeish, he has lost that yard of pace and now he just looks bang average.

How much is there left on his contract? Another year?

Yes.

I can't see who is going to take him. A promoted club perhaps.

With a bit of luck, doubt it will happen though, and were really not going to get any sort of value back either are we.. Such a shame, really wanted him to succeed

• Like 1

I dont think anyone is expecting money back for him, just to get him off the books.

Really could never understand all the calls for him to get on the pitch.  Not good enough unless you build the team around him.

If he will accept a reduced payoff at the end of the season they should just give it to him.

I doubt very much we will get a fee for him and he has no place in our side as it is set up at the moment, he's just too lazy and we have enough passengers in the squad as it is!

I dont think anyone is expecting money back for him, just to get him off the books.

Really could never understand all the calls for him to get on the pitch.  Not good enough unless you build the team around him.

Even if you did build the team around him, he is half the player he was these days. He was never the same player after he got injured during the McLeish season.

• Like 1

Even if you did build the team around him, he is half the player he was these days. He was never the same player after he got injured during the McLeish season.

No argument here!

Oh come off it Morpheus, he has been poor for a while and he hasn't looked the same ever since he did his ankle in against Wigan under McLeish, he has lost that yard of pace and now he just looks bang average.

Yes mate he has been poor for a while but just trying to show in my opinion why his form could have dropped so dramatically. You might be right though and it could be down to injury or just poor attitude which was the rumour here why Lambert got rid.

I remember BOF stating when Bent went to Fulham that in his opinion Bent was a spent force and we wouldn't see the best of him again. Unfortunately whatever the reason to date that has proven to be correct.

Edited by Morpheus

If we'd managed this whole Bent fiasco (and other bomb squad members) properly we'd have got money for all of them. But throwing them all aside and alienating them meant their value became nil. Not very good business practice

As for Bent's sitter miss. Was that any worse than Benteke's against Sheff Utd ?

They happen. To all strikers

I still say if he'd been here and with a supply line he'd probably be on at least 10 for the season so far

• Like 1

If we'd managed this whole Bent fiasco (and other bomb squad members) properly we'd have got money for all of them. But throwing them all aside and alienating them meant their value became nil. Not very good business practice

As for Bent's sitter miss. Was that any worse than Benteke's against Sheff Utd ?

They happen. To all strikers

I still say if he'd been here and with a supply line he'd probably be on at least 10 for the season so far

Bent's finishing has been erratic for a long time. I recall him missing an absolute sitter in the 2-2 draw with Sunderland in 2011. He's an absolutely infuriating striker to watch as he brings nothing to the side when he's not scoring.

Â