Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent managed one good season. He's blown numerous chances under Lambert. The club is better off without him. I wouldn't even have confidence in him to find the goals from the bench. Managed just 3 for Fulham whilst on loan.

His time is obviously up here, but I thank him for his goals that kept us up - I think that was the aim in buying him as the team was already on the decline at that point. How I'd have loved to see him in that team plus Milner and see where we could have gone.

Thing is, if we're stuck with him for 12 months, we may as well use him, even from off the bench.

Yes he's been poor for 3 seasons but who wouldn't be playing as a lone striker for McCleish. where he'd only have a handful of touches all game.

If a new owner comes in & invests, theres nothing to say we won't create more chances.

I'd personally see him gone but if he stays then lets make the most of it.

What about under Lambert, Jol, Rene and Mcgath?

Fulham are absolutely minted, is it beyond reason that they might want to keep him in the championship? He'd get 20+ goals guaranteed 

No they are not.

Considering he has done nothing all season, has gained a reputation for not giving his all for the club, the fans hate him (Fulham are a fairly placid bunch tbh too), 3 managers have barely played him and a guess that £65k a week lazy strikers, with zero motivation, will,  in the Championship, get found out fairly quickly.... I am going to say no.

• Like 1

With only a year left on his contract, him now being 30 and having really stagnated over the past 3 years, I do think we can get rid this summer.

I agree that no-one will pay him his current wages, but there are probably teams prepared to pay him, say, £40k per week, or £6m over 3 years given that he would probably be a free transfer. Clubs don't look at weekly wages anymore; they look at costs over a contract and in these circumstances, Bent will do a good job for someone.

Just my opinion!

Fulham are absolutely minted, is it beyond reason that they might want to keep him in the championship? He'd get 20+ goals guaranteed 

No they are not.

Considering he has done nothing all season, has gained a reputation for not giving his all for the club, the fans hate him (Fulham are a fairly placid bunch tbh too), 3 managers have barely played him and a guess that £65k a week lazy strikers, with zero motivation, will,  in the Championship, get found out fairly quickly.... I am going to say no.

They got brought by a guy worth $5BN in January, how exactly are they not minted?

No they are not.

They got brought by a guy worth $5BN in January, how exactly are they not minted?

The owner is minted, Fulham are not.

Even if he was willing to pump another £100m+ into a club after purchase like Randy has, I doubt Darren would be on top of his list after this season.

Do you understand the financial implications of getting relegated?

We'll be lucky to shift him unless there is an agreement to buy after the loan period.

Maybe Leicester or Burnley may be looking for an experienced premier goal hanger

Fulham will not buy Darren Bent, absolutely no chance.

They have got a £10m+ striker already sat on the treatment table since January. I think their main concern will be what to do with him!

Like Hutton, Given, the Zog and Ireland the bomb squading of these players has left us with players worth nothing in the market. Bent has gone from £24m to zero horrendous piece of business Mr Faulkner.

They have got a £10m+ striker already sat on the treatment table since January. I think their main concern will be what to do with him!

Like Hutton, Given, the Zog and Ireland the bomb squading of these players has left us with players worth nothing in the market. Bent has gone from £24m to zero horrendous piece of business Mr Faulkner.

He was never realistically going to earn us a profit at the age he joined us and the price we paid for him. However he did help keep us in the league for 2 seasons, and contributed a bit to a 3rd but by then he was losing his quality.

Watched him play the other day for Fulham and everything he did was poor. Poor touch, movement, shooting and decisions. Don't think he'll be playing in the PL next season.

He was never realistically going to earn us a profit at the age he joined us and the price we paid for him. However he did help keep us in the league for 2 seasons, and contributed a bit to a 3rd but by then he was losing his quality.

Watched him play the other day for Fulham and everything he did was poor. Poor touch, movement, shooting and decisions. Don't think he'll be playing in the PL next season.

I never expected a profit but realistically £5m to £6m wouldn't have been unreasonable after 3 years? He was always a panic buy at an over inflated price in a January window. I never expected zero return. The sad thing is by creating the bomb squad any value that Hutton, Given or Zog had have now been pissed up the wall.

I never expected a profit but realistically £5m to £6m wouldn't have been unreasonable after 3 years? He was always a panic buy at an over inflated price in a January window. I never expected zero return. The sad thing is by creating the bomb squad any value that Hutton, Given or Zog had have now been pissed up the wall.

You do realise that fee's weren't the problem for these players, it was their wages. They would only move on their terms i.e. being paid the same amount as they were on at VP.

Â