Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

With Bent we would be safe now.

Tell that to Fulham ;)

Don't know about Fulham, but he'd be a clear upgrade to what we have now that Benteke and Kozak are out.

I wouldn't expect him to score many, just a few to see us up.

I can't see any of our forwards, Gabby, Andi, Holt, Callum, or anyone else scoring. With Darren we'd at least stand a chance.

he is behind 2 kids and Hugo Rodallega at Fulham, hasn't scored a goal from the start all season and has less goals than Libor Kozak who has been injured since christmas

The Darren Bent who was at Villa when Lambert took over who was fairly confident and scoring goals - would have kept us up had he stayed and played.

The Darren Bent who got bumped for Jordan Bowery, didn't play for most of the season and then got sent to Fulham wouldn't keep up a tent.

The Darren Bent who was at Villa when Lambert took over, you forgetting some of his performances i.e. West Ham, Everton, the man didn't even get a kick. All these players being mentioned like Lichaj, Bannan, Ireland, Bent, they were all given a chance under PL and they didn't perform.

With the balls Marc is putting in Darren would have a few goals under his belt. But we have holt or andi in stead

No he wouldn't.

He makes Grant Holt look trim, I have watched him waddling his fat arse now and again this season, no pace, no sharpness. Absolute garbage.

We have done well to save on his wages this season. We won't get away with it next.

Finished.

Tell that to Fulham ;)

Don't know about Fulham, but he'd be a clear upgrade to what we have now that Benteke and Kozak are out.

I can't see any of our forwards, Gabby, Andi, Holt, Callum, or anyone else scoring. With Darren we'd at least stand a chance.

he is behind 2 kids and Hugo Rodallega at Fulham, hasn't scored a goal from the start all season and has less goals than Libor Kozak who has been injured since christmas

The Darren Bent who was at Villa when Lambert took over who was fairly confident and scoring goals - would have kept us up had he stayed and played.

The Darren Bent who got bumped for Jordan Bowery, didn't play for most of the season and then got sent to Fulham wouldn't keep up a tent.

The Darren Bent who was at Villa when Lambert took over, you forgetting some of his performances i.e. West Ham, Everton, the man didn't even get a kick. All these players being mentioned like Lichaj, Bannan, Ireland, Bent, they were all given a chance under PL and they didn't perform.

he was crap at times but he would have managed more goals than Weimann or Gabby

i have no romanticised view of anyone - but freezing him out, destroying his confidence and reputation whilst reducing his value and paying or subsidising his wages is a cracking strategy!!!

• Like 2

With the balls Marc is putting in Darren would have a few goals under his belt. But we have holt or andi in stead

No he wouldn't.

He makes Grant Holt look trim, I have watched him waddling his fat arse now and again this season, no pace, no sharpness. Absolute garbage.

We have done well to save on his wages this season. We won't get away with it next.

Finished.

and whose fault is that?

Tell that to Fulham ;)

he was crap at times but he would have managed more goals than Weimann or Gabby

i have no romanticised view of anyone - but freezing him out, destroying his confidence and reputation whilst reducing his value and paying or subsidising his wages is a cracking strategy!!!

Scoring a few more goals than Weimann or Gabby would not have justified paying his salary for a full season and have him whinging and disrupting the squad,

No he wouldn't.

Finished.

and whose fault is that?

Darren Bent's. He got his retirement contract from us and has been enjoying it ever since. If he can't be arsed to get in shape or adapt his game to survive them good riddance.

It's embarrassing watching him nowadays, blowing out of his arse after coming on the bench 5 minutes earlier.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

He didn't do it for Mcleish

He didn't do it for Lambert

He didn't do it for Jol

He didn't do it for Rene

He hasn't done it for Magath.

Why is it a longer a player is away, the better he suddenly becomes?,

By all means criticise Lambert and the club but not on this one. No way.

• Like 2

we don't know one way or another what impact he would have if still here, or if he hadn't have fallen out with Lambert. Too many circumstances and variables on what first started his downfall.

but baring in mind I bet we are paying well over half his wages anyway, wouldn't it have been better to keep him involved and then sold him. It's still conjecture but i do think had Lambert not frozen him out completely or Randy asked 8 mil for him we could have flogged him to someone. The loan to Fullham has just been the final nail in his career coffin.

we don't know one way or another what impact he would have if still here, or if he hadn't have fallen out with Lambert. Too many circumstances and variables on what first started his downfall.

but baring in mind I bet we are paying well over half his wages anyway, wouldn't it have been better to keep him involved and then sold him. It's still conjecture but i do think had Lambert not frozen him out completely or Randy asked 8 mil for him we could have flogged him to someone. The loan to Fullham has just been the final nail in his career coffin.

Nobody wanted him, it didn't matter that he wasn't playing. Everyone knows who Darren bent is and what you get from him. He thought he was too good to go to palace and in the end took his only other option. Speaks volumes.

No he wouldn't.

Finished.

what makes you think we have saved on his wages?

I very much doubt if Fulham are paying full whack for him.

No he wouldn't.

Finished.

Yep they took his full wage and paid a loan fee.

No he wouldn't.

Finished.

Yep they took his full wage and paid a loan fee.

have any proof of that?

Lambert alienated and ruined Bent. It's been downhill for him since. To me it's reasonable to assume Darren would've been much better if Lambert would've acted differently.

exactly

just as people have a romantic view of former players being better than they were we all have a tendency of forgetting how players are mishandled or when they were actually good for us.

Usually it is easier for fans to follow the narrative that best suits the current circumstances of the club/manager, in some cases that narrative seems to read

Lambert was right to start Bowery on the bench ahead of Bent

Bent was too one dimensional and didn't fit in the new tactical shape and team set up that Lambert had in mind for our future (a great future)

Bent was egotistical, disruptive and this became clear... but only after a full pre-season that lead to him being given the club captaincy

Reducing a player's value from 24 mil to nothing and sending him on loan to a rival relegation candidate is just circumstance, he was never worth that anyway and no better than any other striker we have. He contrived to shape his own downfall for a number of reasons.

Odd then that so many people here want Lambert to be sacked yet so few seem to think the fall of Bent is anyway linked.

For the record I do think Bent is limited, but he has always managed to score goals throughout his career and never looked like he has a poor attitude or is lazy. He should have been kept in the squad and played as an impact player until sold. But things are never that black and white.

Â