Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

With a new wife who has 3 of Liam Ridgewells kids I can't see him going abroad. Also after his TV boxing appearance the other night I wouldn't be shocked to see him call it a day. Darren seems to have become uninterested with the game these days.

• Like 1

So because he went to watch the boxing, that means he has become uninterested in the game? The man is 30, he still has at least 4 years left.

Definitely, 4 years of going through the motions and picking up a salary.

Would be silly not to.

He's everything that's wrong with the 'modern' game IMO.

Overpaid, over-contracted, and couldn't care less that he's fleecing the club, and indirectly the fans.

He gave up about a year and a half ago.

He doesn't fit into certain systems. Complex player who needs to be the focal point. Good goalscorer.

Was.

Not is.

This post should have a historical context. He hasn't scored goals for nearly 2 years

So because he went to watch the boxing, that means he has become uninterested in the game? The man is 30, he still has at least 4 years left.

I didn't say he went to 'watch' the boxing. He was on a TV show about footballers who like boxing, with Redknapp and Joe cole. There's easy money to be made for these guys in the media industry. His uninterest in the game has been obvious for all to see for a while. He also has had a few off field issues.

He simply isn't bothered anymore, and is a striker that scores goals if the ball is put on a plate for him. Teams want a bit more from their strikers these days.

• Like 1

I didn't say he went to 'watch' the boxing. He was on a TV show about footballers who like boxing, with Redknapp and Joe cole. There's easy money to be made for these guys in the media industry. His uninterest in the game has been obvious for all to see for a while. He also has had a few off field issues.

He simply isn't bothered anymore, and is a striker that scores goals if the ball is put on a plate for him. Teams want a bit more from their strikers these days.

Not as easy as the money he has made the past 3 years.

• Like 1

Bit harsh I think , he kept us up single handed when he signed. 

Then was never given a chance by PL - of course he is rubbish now as he hasnt got game time. 

Next season if he gets proper run of games for a PL team he will score goals I think.

Then was never given a chance by PL - of course he is rubbish now as he hasnt got game time. 

Next season if he gets proper run of games for a PL team he will score goals I think.

Never given a chance by PL, though he gave him the first 5 games of the season, where he scored 1 goal in a 4-1 loss at Southampton. For a seasoned pro like Bent, surely he should have shown enough in those games to warrant a place. Ireland, Bannan, Bent and N'Zogbia were all given chances under PL to stake a claim for a place and prove that the wages the earned, they gave the required output.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Never given a chance by PL, though he gave him the first 5 games of the season, where he scored 1 goal in a 4-1 loss at Southampton. For a seasoned pro like Bent, surely he should have shown enough in those games to warrant a place. Ireland, Bannan, Bent and N'Zogbia were all given chances under PL to stake a claim for a place and prove that the wages the earned, they gave the required output.

I think he was in the same bracket as Given. Shay said recently that lambert was very honest with him and it was all about finances. Bent was the top earner and simply had to go whether PL wanted him or not. It seems untill Fulham came along there wasn't too many takers who wanted to take on his wages.

5 games in which he received minimal service. 

Ireland and bannan played terribly all season and where then sold. 

Not his fault we gave him a stupid contract though is it. 

Im not saying he is amazing just saying he would of been useful backup - instead of bringing on Jordan Bowery or Grant Holt

• Like 1

Im not saying he is amazing just saying he would of been useful backup - instead of bringing on Jordan Bowery or Grant Holt

I'm not disagreeing I just think Lambert was told to get rid, whether he wanted to use him or not.

Benteke received the same service and scored how many? A useful back-up that costs you 65k a week.

As I said not his fault we gave him a crazy contract - he was frozen out for money reasons nothing to do with performance. 

Benteke ofc is a better player and suits the long ball game we play - again your point is a irrelevant comparison. 

As I said not his fault we gave him a crazy contract - he was frozen out for money reasons nothing to do with performance. 

Benteke ofc is a better player and suits the long ball game we play - again your point is a irrelevant comparison. 

He was frozen out because he would perform no better than Bowery or Holt for the wages he warranted. He made many sub appearances last year as squad player and done nothing, but no doubt that is Lambert's fault.

Â