Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent was absolutely **** appalling tonight. He did his job in 2011 (thanks) but this man does not want to be at this football club anymore. His movement off the ball for a striker tonight clearly shows a disregard for his profession, his employers and his motivation.

Reports from those at the game are not sounding good.

Sell him asap get 8-10 mill and his 80k wages off the books and use them to sign a quality midfielder with the money. I think we'll do better with a partnership of Benteke plus Weimann/Gabby anyway, Bent does not improve us any more.

he sounded quite involved listening on the radio. scored (though not the cleanest finish) and set up some other decent chances apparently.  WM is not the best though for accuracy!

however i was at the bradford game on tuesday and watching him was interesting. always on the move, playing off the defenders shoulder.  he was working the centrebacks hard doing this. they had to be constantly aware.  just because he does not chase down every lost cause does not mean he works the defence.  a couple of times he found himself between the centrebacks just waiting to be played in, but the midfield did not spot him or attempt to make a pass.

instead they passed it square for a bit, waited till the bradford defence was set then punted it up to benteke - easy for bradford to deal with

• Like 1

Not being funny, I actually feel sorry for Bent he joined a club with wingers and now he is in a club where he doesnt often play due to the way we play and I agree with that IF you are going to play the way we do.... No wing play, up in the air and right down the middle.

In short SHIT!

We dont need rid of Bent we need 2 wingers

he sounded quite involved listening on the radio. scored (though not the cleanest finish) and set up some other decent chances apparently.  WM is not the best though for accuracy!

however i was at the bradford game on tuesday and watching him was interesting. always on the move, playing off the defenders shoulder.  he was working the centrebacks hard doing this. they had to be constantly aware.  just because he does not chase down every lost cause does not mean he works the defence.  a couple of times he found himself between the centrebacks just waiting to be played in, but the midfield did not spot him or attempt to make a pass.

instead they passed it square for a bit, waited till the bradford defence was set then punted it up to benteke - easy for bradford to deal with

sadly alot of fans cant see this, they judge him on how fast he can run and if he stops running then he is shit

or how many aimless boots ionto the air he can win, again, if he doesnt jump and fight for every header he is again .. shit

i didnt watch last nights game, i had something more important to do, which i cant remember qhat it was now, it may have been watching crap tv or something, it was better and less depresssing than watching the shit villa anyway.

but i do see that bent scored, so he did his job. i bet he didnt go back and defend every corner or tackle back in our own box, that will give the haters something to keep whining about as they cant maon about him not scoring

If only we could have got rid at the start of the window, that would have helped. Situation now suits bent down to the ground

True - however he was injured at the beginning, came back (got injured again within 10 minutes) and we've had a very congested set of fixtures since.

I'd offer him around for £8m - £10m.... hopefully Fulham will take him.

Not being funny, I actually feel sorry for Bent he joined a club with wingers and now he is in a club where he doesnt often play due to the way we play and I agree with that IF you are going to play the way we do.... No wing play, up in the air and right down the middle.

In short SHIT!

This.

sadly alot of fans cant see this, they judge him on how fast he can run and if he stops running then he is shit

or how many aimless boots ionto the air he can win, again, if he doesnt jump and fight for every header he is again .. shit

i didnt watch last nights game, i had something more important to do, which i cant remember qhat it was now, it may have been watching crap tv or something, it was better and less depresssing than watching the shit villa anyway.

but i do see that bent scored, so he did his job. i bet he didnt go back and defend every corner or tackle back in our own box, that will give the haters something to keep whining about as they cant maon about him not scoring

Lol, He scored with a mishit scuff of a shot that trickled in so yeah, he did his job perfectly. :D Do you advocate it being a good thing that we have players on the pitch who rarely contribute anything to our play? If so you must be well chuffed at the moment! If he was out there pulling defenders out of position giving a few of them the run around and linking up with the play then there'd be a point to him. He does and will score goals if you play him - even if they are off his shins from time to time. But it seems his nose is out of joint coz we bought someone who is younger and better than him and offers the team more than he does and he doesnt like it. Like richard said If he doesn't want to be here then fine. but 10 games, 2 goals 1 assist is not good enough from our "main man" - "we lack experience" well bent is the most experienced player isnt he? where is the leading by example? APPALLING in the first 5 games, no surprise he lost the captaincy and lets face it the writing was on the wall for his villa career at that moment. 

No-one's gonna come in for him unless they do it on the last day and he will be gone next year whether we go down or not. 

I'm not gonna slate him too much, he's been an important player for us while he's been here and if we lose him we'll have a much weaker squad on paper. I just think the clubs transfer policy has relied on offloading bent for loads of money and every other club in the country knows it so we hold none of the cards.

Bent was absolutely **** appalling tonight. He did his job in 2011 (thanks) but this man does not want to be at this football club anymore. His movement off the ball for a striker tonight clearly shows a disregard for his profession, his employers and his motivation.

One goal and one assist in two games, not bad for a player with those descriptions to him.

So he has scored in last 2 starts , has an assist and set up chances for Ireland (Bradford) Westwood (Milwall) ..is he a world beater ,no but given how team is playing and injuries he had that is not the worst return.

Hasn't it been said that transfer fees aren't the problem with getting new players in it's the wages?

If so get whatever we can for Bent 7-10mil??

Then use 75% of Bents wages to fund wages for new players? Randy makes a saving and we get 1/2 players who might keep us up.

If only it was that easy :-/

• Like 1

In short SHIT!

A point on Bent that i have been banging on for some time now.

If Lambert was working on a restricted wage budget instead of spending 7m on Benteke and whatever on Bowery, could he not have targeted and purchased at least one decent winger such as Snodgrass to supply Bent?

On a limited budget you should not be trying to change a style of play in one window but rather playing to the strengths to what you presently have.

For me that has been Lambert's biggest gamble and biggest mistake.

Edited by Morpheus

Just get him in the side and hope his goals keep us up, screw the rest of his contribution, it won't matter come May.  At the moment we'd be selling him at his lowest value in his entire career when he's still only 28 or something.  Stick Benteke as a defensive midfielder if you have to...

If Lambert was working on a restricted wage budget instead of spending 7m on Benteke and whatever on Bowery, could he not have targeted and purchased at least one decent winger such as Snodgrass to supply Bent?

On a limited budget you should not be trying to change a style of play in one window but rather playing to the strengths to what you presently have.

Yep, I totally agree and have been saying it for a while. 

If the guy had limited funds he should have targeted them to getting the best out of what we had rather than ripping everything up but not having enough money to fix the squad again. 

We are now reaping the results of Lambert's summer gamble. 

It's ridiculous to say Lambert shouldn't have got Benteke in.

Bent was coming back from a lengthy injury and has been continually picking up niggling injuries all season. Getting a winger wouldn't have stopped Bent getting injured.

Without Bentekes goals we'd be in even worse trouble than we are.

Â