Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I'd be inclined to drop Benteke today and start bent

Bentekes finishing has been piss poor lately

His finishing hasn't been the best but the way he wins every header and plays others into scoring positions is worth keeping him on the pitch - why not play both?

Other way around. Benteke with Bent behind him. Benteke can then head the chances back for Bent to try to finish them.

Bent playing in the hole?

No thanks

he has made a career out of playing on the shoulders of the last defender and that's where he should be

the problem is our midfield, we have nobody who can thread those balls through to him which is why he is useless up front at the moment

Bent and Benteke could play upfront together no problemo, if Lambert sorted our **** midfield shitness out and addressed it

in fact i think it could be a bloody lethal partnership and it is painful to watch potential goals not being scored because of the absolute dross that is behind them

and it will be our downfall

Just heard off one of my mates who supports Newcastle and he said the rumours going around up north are that they are in talks with Bent's representatives over a possible move. This news has obviously gone down like a fart in a lift for Sunderland fans.

Just a rumour, obviously, but I thought I'd post it on here.

Fantastic insight yet again CI.

Benteke is a better player than Bent, much as i like Bent, the system played yday suits us better, and suits Weimann/Gabby/N'Zog better, that is why PL persists with it and why Bent does'nt play.

Personally i'd sell him, he has done a good job for us, his debut was a magical night, but time for both sides to move on.

This i'm sure has been said before but:-

Looking at the balance of our squad, I can help but have put 2+2 together to now make the 4 which is shouting out at us.

Bent..is not, and was not ever part of Lambert's plans. I wouldn't be shocked if part of his initial vision when accepting the job was that he'd sell Bent and re-invest in Midfield.

Given that a frontline of N'Zog, Gabby, Benteke is IMO a top 6/7 forward line, and Weimann and Bowery (less so) provide great cover. It's fair to say Bent is redundant. How many of our competitors boast a front line like ours and have high earners on the bench too?

I think some of PL's frustration is not finding a suitable buyer for Bent thus postponing our efforts to invest where it's needed (CDM and CB). If the rumour of Stoke for £8m is correct. I think we'd snap their hands off...buy Sissoko as well as a decent CB and probably still make a net gain on wages.

He really needs to be cashed in on because hes proving a expensive luxury that we have, that quite clearly doesnt fit into the manager's plans. IMO if we could get in the region of 8 million for him and get his wages of the books, we could use it to get that experience will so badly need in midfield.

This i'm sure has been said before but:-

Looking at the balance of our squad, I can help but have put 2+2 together to now make the 4 which is shouting out at us.

Bent..is not, and was not ever part of Lambert's plans. I wouldn't be shocked if part of his initial vision when accepting the job was that he'd sell Bent and re-invest in Midfield.

Given that a frontline of N'Zog, Gabby, Benteke is IMO a top 6/7 forward line, and Weimann and Bowery (less so) provide great cover. It's fair to say Bent is redundant. How many of our competitors boast a front line like ours and have high earners on the bench too?

I think some of PL's frustration is not finding a suitable buyer for Bent thus postponing our efforts to invest where it's needed (CDM and CB). If the rumour of Stoke for £8m is correct. I think we'd snap their hands off...buy Sissoko as well as a decent CB and probably still make a net gain on wages.

the problem you have is gabby nzogbia and benteke is NOT a top 6 forward line

gabby 3 league goals in 38 or something?

nzogbia the same

bent and benteke with bent up front beteke 10 foot behnd him, bent can play off the last man, benteke so far has shown he is not yet up to it, offside more than anyone else so far trying to play that way

use their strengths rather than try and get someone to play it who cant

Its been a weird one with Bent. Although I could see why, and agreed with Lambo's decision to bench him originally, i find it baffling how little we are using him. Like it or not, he is our main weapon and probably the most effective player in our team. With the right service Benty is class, not many strikers in the world can do what he does. It seems baffling that every time he scores he is dropped the next game. I do agree that Benteke needs a rest, a well deserved one mind you as he's been fantastic. Weimann and Benty to start against WBA.

He's been injured.

Thankfully Benteke and Gabby started against WBA in the end.

I think Bent will start Tuesday. We will create and I do trust him more than anyone to put the ball in the net.

Â