Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

If he had put in the performances that Bentekesy has in the past two games, Bent would have been called all the names under the sun and been libelled in all sorts of ways.

It's strange how both club and fans always turn against a record signing at Villa.

If he had put in the performances that Bentekesy has in the past two games, Bent would have been called all the names under the sun and been libelled in all sorts of ways.

It's strange how both club and fans always turn against a record signing at Villa.

All football fans are fickle. It goes with the territory.

Bent does seem like a nice guy. He will come good again and save us with his goals. Just needs to start in place of Benteke. Give Benteke a breather and bring in the experienced lads for a few games.

I've a big bet with two arsenal supporting mates on who would get more goals in the premiership DB or Podolski, surely there has to be way to accommodate him.

haha

if only for your wallet

i find it odd some fans want to see him not score or fail, very very strange?

i would have thought especially as beggars cant be choosers and we have darren bent, they would want him to play and score but they dont?

very very strange indeed

Its been a weird one with Bent. Although I could see why, and agreed with Lambo's decision to bench him originally, i find it baffling how little we are using him. Like it or not, he is our main weapon and probably the most effective player in our team. With the right service Benty is class, not many strikers in the world can do what he does. It seems baffling that every time he scores he is dropped the next game. I do agree that Benteke needs a rest, a well deserved one mind you as he's been fantastic. Weimann and Benty to start against WBA.

• Like 1

I wonder had Lambert not frozen Bent out early on, stripped him of the captaincy, etc., would things be different right now. A happy and appreciated Bent playing upfront with Benteke could very well have been a lethal combination.

Looking back, it seems a foolish and very risky move by Lambert. I don't care if there was some conflict behind the scenes, if you've got a healthy Darren Bent, PLAY HIM.

I wonder how many points this has cost us.

The only justification I guess (playing devils advocate here as I would play a front 3) is that Weimann has scored what we could predict is a similar amount of goals as Bent would have done, and if we were going to be playing two up top with Benteke on the pitch it only leaves space for one of them.

Â