Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Our squad doesn't suit him unfortunately. We don't have the wingers or people to provide the service.

Like trying to build a house out of Lego when the final piece is a stickle brick.

Gabby made an instant impact.

Although i want to see him with benteke in a straight 4-4-2 from the start!

Edited by spiezels

Benteke - Weimann

Gabby -- Westwood -- Ireland -- Zog

Baker - Clark -- Vlaar -- Lowton

Guzan

Is the best team we have and it's so obvious i screams PLAY ME and yet...........

THIS.

Edit : Just realised remove clark when dunne is back. then choose between baker or clark for LB. 5-2-1-2 isnt working !?!?

Edited by kevangrealish

How many times does he need a chance and then blame poor service.

We know he gets **** all service at Villa, hence why Weimann and Gabby are more effective, they offer more movement and are comfortable running off or with the ball.

If we could have whipped those balls in like we did second half to him, then he may have scored in first half. But the fact remains both Gabby and Weimann were involved from each wing which is how we created the opportunity.

Well with Crouch looking like he's off to QPR I can see Bent buggering off to Stoke now.

We won't sign anyone of course, but think of how much we will save on the wage bill getting rid of Warnock, Hutton and Bent in the same window. I hope you're all as chuffed as I am.

Well if Julie was right when she went on her rants about Bent this will all be about getting him of the wage bill as the transfer will be eaten up by Bents bonuses he wants paid up.

What bonuses? Please elaborate. I would assume selling Bent would give Lambert freedom to look for a decent signing.

Well if Julie was right when she went on her rants about Bent this will all be about getting him of the wage bill as the transfer will be eaten up by Bents bonuses he wants paid up.

Is this the same person who said Dale Stephens was signing in the first week of the window?

What bonuses? Please elaborate. I would assume selling Bent would give Lambert freedom to look for a decent signing.

She was alluding to fact he wants to move but won't officially ask hence we will then have to pay a loyalty bonus as is per normal for all transfer.As he on high salary this 

will likely be a fair few million

She was alluding to fact he wants to move but won't officially ask hence we will then have to pay a loyalty bonus as is per normal for all transfer.As he on high salary this 

will likely be a fair few million

Ah, okay. It would be in his best interest to go to a club where he get's to start games. Who knows.. maybe a deal can be agreed?

So Bent can continue to perform poorly based on past performances. Lambert on the other hand has his past performances ignored; makes sense.

So Bent is good as long as we play the whole team round him? Jesus christ he's not Messi he's a limited footballer.

i dont think one person is saying bent is like messi apart from you?

last night first half bent was the best villa player by a country mile, benteke looked shit

second half lambert swaps the team around tactically but then takes off the one player who can thrive on that formation

nzog should have come off for gabby at half time but bent should have stayed on as he was the sharpest forward and looked up for it but yet again clueless lambert takes him off and will again claim he cant play benteke and bent together up front.

he cant if he keeps playing shit formations and shit tactics, you may as well have no one up front with those shit tactics

slagging off bents performance last night  when he was the best player shows how unbalanced your opinion is of him, if he had played shit or worse than the rest fair enough

i dont think one person is saying bent is like messi apart from you?

last night first half bent was the best villa player by a country mile, benteke looked shit

second half lambert swaps the team around tactically but then takes off the one player who can thrive on that formation

nzog should have come off for gabby at half time but bent should have stayed on as he was the sharpest forward and looked up for it but yet again clueless lambert takes him off and will again claim he cant play benteke and bent together up front.

he cant if he keeps playing shit formations and shit tactics, you may as well have no one up front with those shit tactics

slagging off bents performance last night  when he was the best player shows how unbalanced your opinion is of him, if he had played shit or worse than the rest fair enough

:huh: Bent was the best player? 

Â