Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

:) I bet you weren't saying that 2 years ago when his goals saved us from relegation

I was - had a debate with you when you claimed he was class and he scored week in week out. Another thing you were completely wrong about.

I was - had a debate with you when you claimed he was class and he scored week in week out. Another thing you were completely wrong about.

Oh yes I remember, it's probably in this thread, how was I wrong? His goals saved us from certain relegation, did they not?

Oh yes I remember, it's probably in this thread, how was I wrong? His goals saved us from certain relegation, did they not?

This thread started because they closed the other one due to you not being able to recognise you were wrong as he didnt score week in week out (which is every week).

His goals helped - no doubt. They werent the sole reason. Hes been a disgrace ever since and not worth anywhere near 24m.

whoa now, this criticism is a bit unfair. His role as a goal poacher is to do just that, hang around and poach goals. We sold his supply line and now he can do **** all. That's hardly his fault. With a player like him we should have tried to build the team around him. And we've outcast him and made his life hell at a club who is so shit at the mo we're lucky to have him on our books, so why on earth would he look interested??? I wouldn't be.

But hey ho we didn't play to our strengths, we're now a load of shit, we can't do **** all anymore and we may as well sell him and let the freefall continue with just slightly more money that we wont spend

*I should make clear: he shouldn't be interested because we outcast him, rather than he shouldn't be interested because we're luck to have him.

Either way, we've **** up royally as far as he is concerned and yet he has never really complained, so calling him a disgrace is harsh

• Like 1

As others have said - we started playing with more width in the second half when Bent had gone off and we started to create chances he'd thrive on! The useless word removed Lambert though had decided to start Bent when were playing too narrow to make use of him.

Exactly, we all know how to get the best out of DB9 and if Lambert employed those tactics we could get out f this mess.

It seems it is more about what the players earn to some fans and it wouldn't matter if he scored 10 in 10 he would still get slated.

Still 2 in 3 starts isn't bad is it?

Bent did nothing wrong, he worked hard and had to come deep to get the ball as there was no width and no service.

If he had been on the pitch alongside Gabby and Weimann then maybe he wouldn't have looked so inept.

It's weird though even though we did better in the second half because we have no central midfield presence the only option Lambert has is to flood the pitch with attackers, his determination to play Bannan over Ireland is utterly baffling.

Benteke - Weimann

Gabby -- Westwood -- Ireland -- Zog

Baker - Clark -- Vlaar -- Lowton

Guzan

Is the best team we have and it's so obvious i screams PLAY ME and yet...........

thought he was fine today. ball stuck to him when it was passed to him, he brought others into play with some nice touches. challenged for headers (on throw ins he was always there giving the taker an option). was definitely not lazy or disinterested, or only caring about himself.

i can only imagine the reaction if he had constantly lost headers to someone much smaller, passed it to the opposition or gave it away constantly trying stupid flicks and touches. because that was what benteke did all game.

the reason we got nothing done in the first half is because we had 3 centrebacks marking a solitary forward, while newcastle easily overran our 2 man midfield. there was no service to benteke, bent and nzogbia. 2nd half we got that extra man in midfield and what do you know, we can actually get some control of the game higher up the pitch. still didnt test krull enough though.

lambert should be finding a way to utilise all of our strikers effectively. hes failing badly. 20 goals in 23 games? worse than mcleish

He doesn't work in this team.

If we had a team that got the balls down the wing and played some decent low balls in he'd be lethal.  Nowadays he is just farting around 2 thirds of the way up the pitch with nothing to offer.

Edited by Wainy316

Either way, we've **** up royally as far as he is concerned and yet he has never really complained, so calling him a disgrace is harsh

As long as he gets his wages, I'd be surprised if he complained. It seems that's all he cares about, football-wise.

Bent did nothing wrong, he worked hard and had to come deep to get the ball as there was no width and no service.

If he had been on the pitch alongside Gabby and Weimann then maybe he wouldn't have looked so inept.

It's weird though even though we did better in the second half because we have no central midfield presence the only option Lambert has is to flood the pitch with attackers, his determination to play Bannan over Ireland is utterly baffling.

Benteke - Weimann

Gabby -- Westwood -- Ireland -- Zog

Baker - Clark -- Vlaar -- Lowton

Guzan

Is the best team we have and it's so obvious i screams PLAY ME and yet...........

Baker at LB doesn't fill me with confidence...but Bennett doesn't either, so I'll agree with you, this should be the starting XI every game. And make Weimann captain, he's got guts, desire, and he's full of piss and vinegar. And he's confident and smart on the ball and off it.

Â