Alan Hutton

Rich_D

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I assume you're joking, but he clearly stubs the toes of his right boot on the grass, probably trying to shorten his stride. 

I can see that but I just don't understand how he can physically, by mistake, force the front of his foot into the ground at such an angle to propel himself forward like that. I am 30 years old, been watching football non stop for over 20 years. In that time I have probably watched anywhere between 3000-5000 games. I have never saw anything like this, nor do I expect to ever again.

I think I have overanalyzed this, it's just a useless oaf being an oaf.

• Like 1

Everybody has there own thoughts on him but personally I think hes one of a few who actually give a damn about the club,yes hes not a superstar but does what he can for the club rather him then somebody who turns up not giving a damn

• Like 3

I just can't believe how bad he is at crossing. I mean, you'd think that he'd get one right occasionally, just by randomness, but nope. 

He threw himself in front of deliveries, and he was better organised than Amavi, even if he messed up for the goal (still can't tell from the replay). But in the modern game, fullbacks just have to be able to convincingly overlap, and he can't. 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just can't believe how bad he is at crossing. I mean, you'd think that he'd get one right occasionally, just by randomness, but nope. 

He threw himself in front of deliveries, and he was better organised than Amavi, even if he messed up for the goal (still can't tell from the replay). But in the modern game, fullbacks just have to be able to convincingly overlap, and he can't. 

This isn't aimed at you as I know you don't do it, but it amuses me how Hutton gets the blame for everything. I had people near me screaming at Hutton for not picking up his man. Despite Jansson not being the man he picked up for any corner during the game. Jansson was Baker's man on corners all night.

I don't think he's very good going forward, but it'd be nice if he got some help sometimes. So many times a game he picks the ball up and runs it 60 yards down the line, while the rest of the team just jog behind him and watch. Usually ends up with him winning a throw deep in their half. If some of our players had half the application he did, we'd be winning far more games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

This isn't aimed at you as I know you don't do it, but it amuses me how Hutton gets the blame for everything. I had people near me screaming at Hutton for not picking up his man. Despite Jansson not being the man he picked up for any corner during the game. Jansson was Baker's man on corners all night.

I don't think he's very good going forward, but it'd be nice if he got some help sometimes. So many times a game he picks the ball up and runs it 60 yards down the line, while the rest of the team just jog behind him and watch. Usually ends up with him winning a throw deep in their half. If some of our players had half the application he did, we'd be winning far more games. 

Hutton wasn't too bad last night. Certainly better than usual. But the goal was definitely his fault. He blocked off Baker from getting to Jansson. It's obvious in the replays.

Aside from that he did drive forward more and didn't hang behind the play being marked but calling for the ball so definitely improved there.

Just now, darrenm said:

Hutton wasn't too bad last night. Certainly better than usual. But the goal was definitely his fault. He blocked off Baker from getting to Jansson. It's obvious in the replays.

Aside from that he did drive forward more and didn't hang behind the play being marked but calling for the ball so definitely improved there.

I can't agree there, Baker has to be far more aware of his man and what's around him. Jansson got the run on him and Baker was far too soft with his effort. 

• Like 3

Thing is it's kind of gone past the point where criticising him for his individual performances is meaningful. The problem is he's our second choice right back who we all know is a terrible footballer with the ball at his feet. Surely there's no one left out there who'd be sad to see him go. I think from what we've seen so far this year, all we can really say is that the drop in quality of the opposition from the PL to the Championship hasn't made him look any more useful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lexicon said:

This.

Defensively he's generally fine at this level but attacking.... oh God. 

I don't consider getting caught out multiple times per game 'generally fine' defending, he is utterly shit at everything other than running around and kicking people. 

• Like 1

Â