Alan Hutton

Rich_D

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Cant pass a football. It's not asking a great deal of a highly paid 'professional' really.

Any professional footballer can pass the football 10 yards, I think you underestimate how good they are actually are and have to be Jareth

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He wears his heart on his sleeve and he always gives 100% for the cause, it's all that can be asked of any given player in any situation in my opinion :)

Not really, SGC. He is a highly paid professional and as such we are entitled to ask for more and expect better.

• Like 2

I'm sure all of our players, even the least talented and limited ones like Hutton and Agbonlahor actually can "play football".

Thing is, they really can't do it in match situations. Not at this level anyway.

I've seen countless of clips with players you'd think are pretty useless with their feet play keepy uppy in training and being way way better than the average Joe.

But then in match situations, as soon as they get the ball they act like rabbits caught in a headlight and just panics.

Hutton very much falls in this category.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Any professional footballer can pass the football 10 yards, I think you underestimate how good they are actually are and have to be Jareth

I have a few Golf mates who are ex-pro footballers.

We play 6-a-side during the winter. Although some of these guys are 50+ they can still kick a ball.

The difference between them and "us never pros" is worlds apart.

Watching Hutton, he wouldnt make our 6-a-side team because of his touch and passing.

He's simply Shite

Edited by Grasshopper

Hutton isn't really an issue, he is fine at right back. The fact we have one of the poorest midfields ever assembled and the fact that Bruce keeps playing Agbonlahor down the middle are our major flaws.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Oh I see now, Hutton can actually pass the ball, I simply underestimated him. Silly me. 

season upon season Alan Hutton is one of our "creative" players. he might not be good but **** sake why is he given this position

you would think a drop down division would mean we wouldnt have a clogger at right back creating our attacks

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

season upon season Alan Hutton is one of our "creative" players. he might not be good but **** sake why is he given this position

you would think a drop down division would mean we wouldnt have a clogger at right back creating our attacks

We've got young Mitchell Clark coming through, 17 year old right back who can play centre back, very good player the boy is, he's on a professional contract so the club obviously think highly of him, I think he's got a real chance and so doe Noel that I go to the youth games with 

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I have a few Golf mates who are ex-pro footballers.

We play 6-a-side during the winter. Although some of these guys are 50+ they can still kick a ball.

The difference between them and "us never pros" is worlds apart.

Watching Hutton, he wouldnt make our 6-a-side team because of his touch and passing.

He's simply Shite

What a load of rubbish.

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He wears his heart on his sleeve and he always gives 100% for the cause, it's all that can be asked of any given player in any situation in my opinion :)

No it's the absolute minimum that should be expected of every player. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We've got young Mitchell Clark coming through, 17 year old right back who can play centre back, very good player the boy is, he's on a professional contract so the club obviously think highly of him, I think he's got a real chance and so doe Noel that I go to the youth games with 

I hope your eye for potential is better than your eye for fully developed pros cause if you rate Hutton the kids are doomed!!! 

9 hours ago, KHV said:

Hutton isn't really an issue, he is fine at right back. The fact we have one of the poorest midfields ever assembled and the fact that Bruce keeps playing Agbonlahor down the middle are our major flaws.

We can blame our midfield for many things, but I think blaming them for Alan Hutton may be a stretch.

Â