Alan Hutton

Rich_D

When he came back into the team under Lambert, he had a period where he was doing really well. Then, I think, he signed a new contract? After that it was back to the endless marauding runs which left a lot of space and then he struggles to make up the ground. A right back with a brain would be a start. 

6 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Hoping we bring in a right back who doesn't get lost

I've said so so many times about him a) being out of position and b ) how much slower he is at getting back than getting forward.

The idea he puts in this huge effort is a myth.

Utter liability of a player.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I basically agree with this. He plays much better when Adomah is in front of him. 

I think they link up really well. The trouble with Hutton is, and it is a big problem in fairness, that the final ball 99% of the time lets him down. He gets into some great positions though and drives forwards as well as any full back. No end product though unfortunately.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

We did send up the whole team for that free kick which i thought was strange so cant really knock him for being out of position as they all were,Then again your fullbacks should be cover, but we dont know what he was told. Either way he isnt good and causes alot of unneeded pressure. Hope we get a replacement but feel we have more pressing matters to sort in next week 

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think they link up really well. The trouble with Hutton is, and it is a big problem in fairness, that the final ball 99% of the time lets him down. He gets into some great positions though and drives forwards as well as any full back. No end product though unfortunately.

Thats why every other team lets him have the ball.  They know he messes it up.  They dont even bother to cover him

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Thats why every other team lets him have the ball.  They know he messes it up.  They dont even bother to cover him

Yeah he is a player who doesn't impact the game in good ways and also tends to lose his position and shape. If it goes to him I expect him to charge forwards and lose it and then jog back into position. He just doesn't have a brain, he's a good athlete, but nothing more than that.

It would be nice to have somebody at right back who has some intelligence about their play and can also handle the rough stuff AND be relied upon to stick to position when needed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

We did send up the whole team for that free kick which i thought was strange so cant really knock him for being out of position as they all were,Then again your fullbacks should be cover, but we dont know what he was told. 

You work on set pieces, there is absolutely no chance that Hutton went forward for that without it being his instruction. That's all on Bruce. But y'know, let's just blame Hutton. I'm sure Westwood was a few yards out of place as well, the bastard.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DK82 said:

Hoping we bring in a right back who doesn't get lost

We all know he will get replaced, we're continually linked with fullbacks. In fact, he has already been replaced, but De Laat picked up a season long injury on his debut.

Thought Hutton did alright yesterday, a few decent runs and tackles / blocks more so in the first half. 

Look forward to seeing a similar screenshot in the Chester and Baker thread for their second goal. You know, the un marked striker in the centre of our area. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

We all know he will get replaced, we're continually linked with fullbacks. In fact, he has already been replaced, but De Laat picked up a season long injury on his debut.

Thought Hutton did alright yesterday, a few decent runs and tackles / blocks more so in the first half. 

Look forward to seeing a similar screenshot in the Chester and Baker thread for their second goal. You know, the un marked striker in the centre of our area. 

He's a good athlete and works hard, but his limitations cost us. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Midfield, missed chances and goalkeeping errors have cost us much more than Alan Hutton this season. 

I want him replaced and it looks like he will be next week, but he's not been a major issue this year. 

Well said, Sir. Have a like

Â