Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Fair play to him he gets into some great positions but 9 times put of 10 his crossing is poor. I can't fault his work rate and effort though.

I am sure this is another position alongside GK and midfield Bruce will be looking to improve us in the window.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't consider getting caught out multiple times per game 'generally fine' defending, he is utterly shit at everything other than running around and kicking people. 

I wouldn't say that in recent games he's been caught out multiple times. Care to give some examples? 

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

I wouldn't say that in recent games he's been caught out multiple times. Care to give some examples? 

Google

Alan Hutton Thread + Grasshopper

I'm sure you'll find enough examples

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Google

Alan Hutton Thread + Grasshopper

I'm sure you'll find enough examples

I actually Googled this in the hope of finding some sort of story of Alan Hutton suffering an insect attack while sewing, but sadly no, it really is just you criticising him. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Be interesting to see how many assists he has. He definetly puts in more crosses then any one else in the team.

Thought I'd have a quick search for this, he has one assist this season according to whoscored.com. I can't recall which game it was though? I may have seen it but blanked it from my mind as it didn't seem real. 

Anyway, while on said website I also read this. Says it all really!

IMG_5667.PNG

(Player has no significant strengths)

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

No matter what cross he delivers it will always find an opposing player, hopefully more opposing hands can be found.

Maybe if there were 2 upfront he could be more effective but that would require a proper midfield to be installed.

His crosses are poor, but then how often does anyones crosses find their man? We often have nobody or just 1 man in the box which is part of the problem. 

19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Thought I'd have a quick search for this, he has one assist this season according to whoscored.com. I can't recall which game it was though? I may have seen it but blanked it from my mind as it didn't seem real. 

He got the assist for Kodjia @ QPR.

• Like 1

I thought defensively Hutton was sound against Leeds and his crossing had improved slightly (not in row z) along with his passing. In the games I've seen (televised) he hasn't really let the Villa down too much.

It could be said of the FBs that have played for Villa recently Amavi has made more mistakes.

Sometimes although limited in ability I do feel Hutton gets a bit of a raw deal on here. He has by and large been one of Villa's more consistent performers this season especially under Bruce which explains why he plays instead of Bacuna.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2016 at 17:19, markavfc40 said:

Did well today. Really solid defensively and linked up well with Adomah. Also played a part in the goal.

He played a part in their goal too Mark.

I look at their FB... Ayling(£750,000 & 25) and it starts to tell me we need to raise the bar in new recruits......(not more money, better players, scouts need to earn their corn)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

It could be said of the FBs that have played for Villa recently Amavi has made more mistakes.

It depends what you define as a mistake, but yeah I would think so. He made quite a few against Leeds alone. I imagine we've probably conceded at a higher rate with Amavi on the pitch compared to Cissokho/Hutton as well. Stats don't tell the full story, but Amavi's actually output isn't that great. A defender who allows players in behind regularly and who doesn't even make an attempt to cross. 

7 minutes ago, striker said:

He has by and large been one of Villa's more consistent performers this season especially under Bruce 

Consistantly Shit

Pointing at other players

not being in the back 4 line

bad positional sense

leaves space behind by either wandering out of position or overcommitting

cant get a pass to team mates

cant go past players

cant cross

no football brain

shit at throw ins

costs us goals

falls over

Absolute Shite

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Consistantly Shit

Pointing at other players

not being in the back 4 line

bad positional sense

leaves space behind by either wandering out of position or overcommitting

cant get a pass to team mates

cant go past players

cant cross

no football brain

shit at throw ins

costs us goals

falls over

Absolute Shite

Yeah but he works hard ;)

• Like 1

I think some people forget he's our backup. You'd do well to get a better backup RB than Hutton in the Championship. Unless you have an over the top attitude where you think he and Westwood, etc are the worst players ever to play the sport. 

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I think some people forget he's our backup. You'd do well to get a better backup RB than Hutton in the Championship. Unless you have an over the top attitude where you think he and Westwood, etc are the worst players ever to play the sport. 

Back up

yeah

Not for AVFC

maybe L2 or SPL

Â