Alan Hutton

Rich_D

• 2 weeks later...

Scottish Sun

WIGAN will move for Scotland star Alan Hutton if Hearts refuse to sell Callum Paterson.

The Latics made an improved £700,000 bid for Paterson yesterday afternoon only to have the offer rejected.

Wigan increased their initial offer with a bid of £400,000 now and £300,000 add-ons — and hiked up the sell-on clause to 20 per cent in a bid to get a deal done.

But as SunSport revealed last week the Jambos are holding out for £1.2million.

Latics manager Gary Caldwell is losing patience and is preparing to turn his attentions to other defensive targets.

He is believed to be interested in linking up with his former Scotland team-mate, with Hutton also keen on switching to the Championship side.

However, Jambos ace Paterson remains Wigan's No1 target if Hearts are prepared to lower their asking price.

If it's even remotely true then hold out as long as you can Hearts.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 15:35, KSV said:

did he? who put him in the bomb squad? 

Lambert bombed him and then when he wasnt getting backed with $ brought him back in. He played maybe 2 or 3 decent games and was handed a new contract. At least that is how I remember it. Around the same time as Gabby's new contract. 

In hindsight maybe Lambert knew his time was up so he re-signed all our shit players on long contracts......

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 hour ago, villanwesty88 said:

Patterson from Hearts as a replacement? Before you say SPL is crap etc etc - I know already know that. But good players do come out of that division and do well in England. 

Yeah, I remember a rb coming out of the Scottish game and going to Spurs I think and doing quite well.... Oh what was his name?!

27 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Yeah, I remember a rb coming out of the Scottish game and going to Spurs I think and doing quite well.... Oh what was his name?!

Classic response. So no one good has ever come out of Scotland then? I remember a player coming from Hamilton Academical and going to Everton via Wigan and doing quite well...what was his name?

7 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

Classic response. So no one good has ever come out of Scotland then? I remember a player coming from Hamilton Academical and going to Everton via Wigan and doing quite well...what was his name?

as an Ireland fan he is pretty crap ;)

Â