Alan Hutton

Rich_D

24 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

You can't knock his work rate and determination to drive forward.  It's a shame he can't cross a ball to save his live.

Has anyone else noticed when the opposing team makes a break for our goal Hutton is basically 2 yards beside our centre half when he should be out in his position closing down the threat.  Drives me mental.

Has been doing that since the first day he got here. I thought it was a tactical thing but surely there has been one manager who would have told him to mark his **** man.

I have never seen it so prevalent in a FB's play before. Like how difficult is it to stay wide. Even CB regulars Cuellar and Mellberg didn't drift in as much.

He is an absolute dunce.

1 hour ago, Newry_Villan said:

You can't knock his work rate and determination to drive forward.  It's a shame he can't cross a ball to save his live.

Shame he isn't quite so good at running in the other direction when he gives the ball away, he has a tendency amble when it comes to running back to defend.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Has anyone else noticed when the opposing team makes a break for our goal Hutton is basically 2 yards beside our centre half when he should be out in his position closing down the threat.  Drives me mental.

To Hutton's defence, still better positioning than Richards who's marking the opposition goalkeeper...

12 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

What gets me is it is a pretty easy thing to fix - I mean the guy trains every bloody day, how hard is it to cross a ball.

It's astonishing isn't it? You would think someone would just say "just whip it into a dangerous area" (this is what Ashley Young used to do) but he neither does this or picks out a man. 

Shit footballer

caught out of position at this level too

wanders too far up the pitch (not in line with rest of back four)

cant control a ball

cant pass further than 5yrds

cant dribble or drive past a man

cant cross a ball

Summary

Goals scored/assists = 0

Goals conceeded because of him = lost count

Shit player at this level, get rid, never selected or benched.

After a disappointing start to the season, I think we all need to be patient with this side.  However, I really, really, really hope we get rid of Hutton.  I'm even happy to give other players a fresh start, but Hutton is absolutely awful and we need to replace him as soon as possible.

17 minutes ago, Pembers said:

Hutton confirming tonight the need for a new RB. He's so bad i'd actually prefer Richards to play RB over him

I would take Bacuna out of all 3 or even Jordan Lyden

Edited by Zatman

He's regressing rapidly as a footballer. It's interesting to note that in the Lambert/Sherwood season, he 'won' the vote for VT player of the season (only after Delph left, but still). These days he's absolutely hopeless, and replacing him with somebody genuinely good is an enormous priority. Though in all honesty, we need about seven new players, all ready to roll. 

Â