Alan Hutton

Rich_D

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

He'll be ok in the championship. 

I can guarantee you that if we approach this season and start hutton and westwood and justify it with "they'll be ok for the championship" mentality that Aston Villa will remain a championship club next may. Not being a pessimist but I'm too pissed off to forget the shambles that was last season. 16 points,  16 **** points lads!! No these guys need to leave our club or at least not start. They will contribute nothing, telling us.

• Like 4

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I can guarantee you that if we approach this season and start hutton and westwood and justify it with "they'll be ok for the championship" mentality that Aston Villa will remain a championship club next may. Not being a pessimist but I'm too pissed off to forget the shambles that was last season. 16 points,  16 **** points lads!! No these guys need to leave our club or at least not start. They will contribute nothing, telling us.

Not everyone is going to leave. That just doesn't happen. Some players from last season are going to be here, it's an inevitability.

I'd have no problem with Hutton being on the list of players to go.

But if you did make such a list, I have a feeling he wouldn't be very near the top of it. I think he'll be here this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Not everyone is going to leave. That just doesn't happen. Some players from last season are going to be here, it's an inevitability.

I'd have no problem with Hutton being on the list of players to go.

But if you did make such a list, I have a feeling he wouldn't be very near the top of it. I think he'll be here this season.

RDM seems to like him. Makes Beye look like Cafu.  Remain hopeful we'll bring a right back in.

On 5/1/2016 at 04:08, Chicken Field said:

Even though I hate Bacuna, he is still a better right back than Hutton is, would love to see a compilation of his personal mistakes this season that have led to goals, there have been too many to count

There are stats on this. According to Squawka, Hutton made two defensive errors this season; both led to goals. Bacuna had three defensive errors, two led to goals and the other led to an attempt on goal.

Stats can be utterly misleading.

For instance those stats likely are focuses upon losing possession and probably don't take into account things like poor positioning.

Anyway, Hutton is a rough arsed bang average RB. Who is a lot quicker running forward than he is back, who is pretty consistently a middle of the road performer in a dog shit side.

His one attribute was passion and fight but I sensed he lost that last season and I saw him walking back too often when we were caught on the break.

We could and should do better but the reality is that other areas of the squad were and remain more pressing priorities.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, heid3ster said:

There are stats on this. According to Squawka, Hutton made two defensive errors this season; both led to goals. Bacuna had three defensive errors, two led to goals and the other led to an attempt on goal.

Five defensive errors my arse.....We all saw a lot more than that from both of them.  Did they include Banuna's wonderful through ball against Southampton !

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Five defensive errors my arse.....We all saw a lot more than that from both of them.  Did they include Banuna's wonderful through ball against Southampton !

that counted as an assist. 

• Like 1

Just now, KSV said:

Correct Trent. He is caught out of position so many times.. and his crossing is diabolical. 

His defensive work is not much better tbh.  Often watched him stand off a player 4-6 yards and just back peddle with them when they attack giving them "loads of space" to run into the danger area and/or cross.

17 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

His defensive work is not much better tbh.  Often watched him stand off a player 4-6 yards and just back peddle with them when they attack giving them "loads of space" to run into the danger area and/or cross.

To be fair, you could label that accusation at any player in a Villa shirt last season. And probably the season before that...

... and the one before that...

.. and before that...

... and... and I think I need a drink.

He could be the most commited player in the world (he isn't) and it still won't make up for the fact that technically he is one of the worst players ever to wear a Villa shirt. Forget the crossing, you are lucky if he passes it 5 yards to a teammate half the time. He just looks wrong, his technique, he makes everything look so difficult, his legs look heavy, he is crap.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â