Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Forestieri was making the fun as soon as Gollini made the kick. Hutton was watching and only reacted when the ball dropped. Takes no defensive responsibility and just wants to attack. could handle that if he could deliver a cross.

New right back needed and the above could be said for Cissoko. Defenders need to be able to defend first then everything else is a bonus. 

• Like 3

I kid you not when i see id of kept young easah suliman at the club and started him at right full over this lad. Only 18 but more tactical and technical nous than Hutton even at RB.  Oh jeez bring in de laet even!  

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I kid you not when i see id of kept young easah suliman at the club and started him at right full over this lad. Only 18 but more tactical and technical nous than Hutton even at RB.  Oh jeez bring in de laet even!  

Oh right.. I think I agree with that.

Edited by Wonkertonk

I must be the only one who didn't think he was awful today. 

Not saying he was good exactly, but he did stretch them and some of his crosses were more accurate than normal. I think he was alright really, though I'm obviously not opposed to us replacing him. 

• Like 4

Thought his play today would have seen us punished at a higher level a couple of times but got away with it. Still a position we need to improve. 

Needs replacing long term, but I think there are other priorities beforehand. Get the Central Midfield sorted then look at RB. 

Wasn't as bad as he has been (didn't even get a yellow card!) and certainly better than Richards or Bacuna there, but we can do better. Whether that is this window or next, I imagine it is something that will happen sooner rather than later. 

15 hours ago, Enda said:

I think I'm a better crosser of the ball than Hutton. Awful delivery time and again.

I know I'm a better crosser of the ball than Hutton. I'm pretty sure everyone is.

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

some of his crosses were more accurate than normal.

:blink: So still wildly inaccurate then? Or did you mean that he didn't kill anyone in row Q so that can be seen as a success?

Edited by villa89

Just now, villa89 said:

I know I'm a better crosser of the ball than Hutton. I'm pretty sure everyone is.

What gets me is it is a pretty easy thing to fix - I mean the guy trains every bloody day, how hard is it to cross a ball.

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

What gets me is it is a pretty easy thing to fix - I mean the guy trains every bloody day, how hard is it to cross a ball.

I used to think the same thing about taking corners. Surely professional player can practice corners in training and thereby be able to take one without hitting the first man at the near post. Apparently it's not the case. I'm not sure why.

Did I hear right yesterday? Holloway after the game saying something along the lines of "Villa need to use Hutton more, when he's galloping forward there's no one better".

His crossing was appalling yet again.

I'm gonna bring the old 'what game were you watching?' cliche out to reply to those kind of half heartedly defending him :)

He was dire. Can't cross, can't defend, can't keep up. Useless. But hold on, he can 'gallop forward' lol.

• Like 1

You can't knock his work rate and determination to drive forward.  It's a shame he can't cross a ball to save his live.

Has anyone else noticed when the opposing team makes a break for our goal Hutton is basically 2 yards beside our centre half when he should be out in his position closing down the threat.  Drives me mental.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I must be the only one who didn't think he was awful today. 

Not saying he was good exactly, but he did stretch them and some of his crosses were more accurate than normal. I think he was alright really, though I'm obviously not opposed to us replacing him. 

Normally I'm really down on Hutton. I think he's generally the main cause of our inability to break any teams down. Every time we look toothless I can't see past a lot of it stemming from Hutton and his poor decision making.

But, he wasn't too bad yesterday. The same as Bacuna wasn't too bad, another player being criticised for not doing a lot wrong.

I still think that if we replace Hutton we solve a lot of problems at once though. Nothing against the guy personally, he's just not an effective footballer.

• Like 1

Â