Alan Hutton

Rich_D

28 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

I've never given him much stick but I can't face having him as a regular this season.  Defensively he's terrible and gets caught out of position time after time and attacking he's below average.  

When you say below average, do you mean below average for a pub team ? I have never in my life seen a player with worse delivery than him.

Many stated that he was not our biggest problem last summer and that there were other areas that needed strengthening more, but I truly truly believe he is one if not our biggest weakness, f*ck work rate when you are that sh*t, if work rate is what counts, then put on 11 marathon runners or even pick out 11 random fans, they would not do any worse

• Like 2

It's a sad indictment of the club that Hutton is our best right back.

Richards is not the answer there (or anywhere on the pitch for that matter) nor is Bacuna, who is being utilised further up the pitch.

We need a solid first choice right back in this transfer window - however, I would keep Hutton as back up (tin hat at the ready) as he puts the effort in at least and jettison Richards.

• Like 1

Before ever game even my 12yr old son says 'hopefully Hutton isn't playing today Dad'

It seems like everything he touches turns to sh#t. If its not his control sending the ball out of touch its his crossing. Utterly terrible.

We need someone better. I don't dislike him, he puts a lot of effort in and he's never going to stand a chance playing in a back 4 with Richards and Okore defensively, but going forward he really hurts us no matter who's around him.

I don't ever want to see him play for this guy ever again. Pull a Lambert and throw him in the reserves. Forever. He was somehow even worse than Richards was at RB, which should be grounds for contract termination tbh. 

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't ever want to see him play for this guy ever again. Pull a Lambert and throw him in the reserves. Forever. He was somehow even worse than Richards was at RB, which should be grounds for contract termination tbh. 

i be worried then we might pull another Lambert and give him a new contract :P

problem for Hutton is that watching him compared to Richards is that you can see he is trying but he has actually got worse as a footballer in last year or so. dont think he made a successful pass last night

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nobody is going to sign him. Not even Rangers...and they are giving contracts to Clint Hill, Senderos and Kranjcar ffs.

Fully stocked in the RB department, Tavernier and Hodson. So, yes I agree, no chance that Rangers would be interested. I could see him ending up at Killie or Motherwell though - Wage demands would probably kill any chance of a return to the SPL, on second thoughts.

Edited by Wonkertonk

On 11/08/2016 at 23:41, Zatman said:

problem for Hutton is that watching him compared to Richards is that you can see he is trying but he has actually got worse as a footballer in last year or so. dont think he made a successful pass last night

You know i was thinking about this the other day. Spurs paid £9m for the bloke, has just regressed year on year? Has he ever been considered a £9m player? Or was it generally accepted at the time that Spurs were had in the net?

If Hutton really wanted, I bet any club not named Rangers and Celtic in the scottish league would pick him up in an instant. Of course his wages would be cut at least by a third. Hutton seems like the type of guy that would stick around until his contract runs out even if that meant he was never playing. He did it once before with us. Luckily he is in the last year of his contract. 

Â