Alan Hutton

Rich_D

13 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I like Hutton too. Yeah he's not a great player, makes mistakes, gets caught out of position and can't cross. But I love his attitude on the pitch, he's a rampaging madman at times and runs his socks off. I also like the fact he hasn't slagged anyone off in the media after he was bombed out of the squad for a long time. He kept himself fit and waited for his chance. No going to the papers complaining about his treatment. 

If only he had 50% more ability he'd be a world beater. 

He's respectful about the club even after being bombed out, but knocked his pops' lights out in the middle of the street :lol: 

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

343 352 anyone? When fit Elphick Chester Baker back 3 

I called that number out of curiosity, and some chav with a gruff voice asked me what I was wearing.

• Like 1

I think Elphick will struggle to get back into our current defence, Hutton, Baker, Chester, Amavi! Who'd a thunk that a month ago? 

On topic, I've never understood the hate for Hutton, always gives 100% and is probably our most attacking, direct player along with Ayew (which speaks volumes about our lack of goals) unfortunately both of them have zero end product lol.

8 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Comparing him as a parallel to Gaby

Both are shit footballers

Hutton gives his all despite how he was treated and never made any noises

As for Gaby..........

where do you start?

So because Hutton tries hard we can get the stick to beat Gabby again?

8 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Or

Elphick Chester Baker

Bacuna Jedinak Gardner Amavi

Ayew

McCormack   Kodjia

I'd be willing to try this sometimes. We often lack proper width or we have Kodjia drifting wide. At least this way the wing backs can provide the width and we'll still have bodies in the middle. Adomah could play in place of Bacuna against weaker teams too, pretty sure he was playing there against Newcastle with, oddly, Bacuna playing further forward.

8 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

I think Elphick will struggle to get back into our current defence, Hutton, Baker, Chester, Amavi! Who'd a thunk that a month ago? 

On topic, I've never understood the hate for Hutton, always gives 100% and is probably our most attacking, direct player along with Ayew (which speaks volumes about our lack of goals) unfortunately both of them have zero end product lol.

Hutton's problem has always been that, as you said, he's a direct, attacking footballer with no end product, which means he's often caught out of position and seems to take his sweet time getting back, usually leaving us short-handed in defence. His poor crossing has been the kiss of death for more villa attacks than I can count. It might work if someone else was quick to move up in support of him, but player movement off the ball is one of our long-standing problems.

Not that I'm trying to justify hate, of course. I don't hate him,I just wish he was banned from going past the halfway line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villanun said:

Hutton's problem has always been that, as you said, he's a direct, attacking footballer with no end product, which means he's often caught out of position and seems to take his sweet time getting back, usually leaving us short-handed in defence. His poor crossing has been the kiss of death for more villa attacks than I can count. It might work if someone else was quick to move up in support of him, but player movement off the ball is one of our long-standing problems.

Not that I'm trying to justify hate, of course. I don't hate him,I just wish he was banned from going past the halfway line.

I don't rate Hutton's crossing, it's dreadful. But, especially last season, he was the only player interested in even trying to do something. Every other player who got the ball wide would just play it back and not take any responsibility. I'd rather people make an effort to do something rather than just passing it on to someone else. Same reason I've no issue with McCormack hitting it from 25+ yards often, because nobody else will.

11 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I don't rate Hutton's crossing, it's dreadful. But, especially last season, he was the only player interested in even trying to do something. Every other player who got the ball wide would just play it back and not take any responsibility. I'd rather people make an effort to do something rather than just passing it on to someone else. Same reason I've no issue with McCormack hitting it from 25+ yards often, because nobody else will.

I agree with you, to a point. I like the fact that he's willing to grab the game by the scruff of the neck when the rest of the team are fart-arsing around - I just wish someone would tell him that it just doesn't work. But of course, what I really wish is that the rest of the team didn't spend so much time fart-arsing around in the first place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

So because Hutton tries hard we can get the stick to beat Gabby again?

Yes

the only stick to beat Hutton with is the one that says "shit footballer" on it

Gaby hands them out free of charge

On 11/1/2016 at 16:57, Villanun said:

I agree with you, to a point. I like the fact that he's willing to grab the game by the scruff of the neck when the rest of the team are fart-arsing around - I just wish someone would tell him that it just doesn't work. But of course, what I really wish is that the rest of the team didn't spend so much time fart-arsing around in the first place

There is only one scruff of the neck he needs to grab hold of.....

......His Own.

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Don't worry folks, he is out of contract at the end of the season anyway.. unless he leaves in January.

Doesnt he automatically qualify for the standard 5 year 'AVFC' contract then?

Â