Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Bacuna is needed in midfield in the short term, De Laet is crocked until next season, Lyden if we're even mentioning him is nowhere near the first team squad this season.

Richards is crocked and really shouldn't be playing regardless but seems Bruce likes him.

Other logical option would be Chester moving there but he came here to play CB and he's doing very well at the moment so that needs to be ruled out.

• Like 1

It was a terrible piece of play to nearly gift Blues a goal, but he did make a good recovery (with a LOT of help from Gollini).

Whilst I don't dislike him, he is a weak link, and we need someone who doesn't make as many errors per game. In fairness to him, I don't think DeLaet was much better, but had only had a couple of games so it was difficult to tell. We do need a new first choice RB in Jan.

I would hate to see Chester moved to RB as he and Baker are partnering up really well at the moment.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

tbf elphick has only had a game with bruce, look at how jedinak has improved. id rather give him a go with baker with chester at rb than play hutton. the guy is absolutely woeful how many of those shite clearances have we seen from him. a bald bambi. get rid  

Agreed. Definition of a scapegoat. 

Obviously makes mistakes and gave them a good chance. But they got absolutely nothing down our right. There's a reason they continually went down our left and ultimately got a goal from getting in behind that side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

To see him giving his all on Sunday ,was for me ,a great sight . No matter the stick he's endured ,and yes ,justified on occasions ,but many a time the scapegoat , one thing that can't be questioned ,for me ,his attitude and honest endeavour ,and that was there in abundance on Sunday . He reminds me of the nutty full - backs of the seventies and eighties .

Dunno why, I just like him. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I like Hutton too. Yeah he's not a great player, makes mistakes, gets caught out of position and can't cross. But I love his attitude on the pitch, he's a rampaging madman at times and runs his socks off. I also like the fact he hasn't slagged anyone off in the media after he was bombed out of the squad for a long time. He kept himself fit and waited for his chance. No going to the papers complaining about his treatment. 

If only he had 50% more ability he'd be a world beater. 

This. I want to like him (and to some degree I do), I want him to do well, he really tries, but you just know he has one or more almighty **** -ups per game in him (epitomized on Sunday - although respect for not giving it up). I like his attitude and work rate, but he is not good enough and I would like to see him replaced in Jan.  

17 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Who is playing right back for the U21's currently?

Surely it would be worth throwing them in at the deep end instead of having this plank at right back for the rest of the season...

Good job there's only 9 games until the Jan transfer window then!  :lol:

Â