Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

He's been lmost the only player to show good movement constantly during our horror non scoring run, he was always involved in the nicer moves (showing for one two's, running in between the lines to make a vertical pass a possibility) too. I've said a few times on here he doesn't deserve the stick he's been getting and at the moment I think he should start instead of Gabby. 

• Like 3

you don't have a care in the world the first two weeks after your baby is born. he will be so relaxed for the next few games. Shouldn't over think anything, and he's a big game player too. 

over 1/3 of all his goals come against top teams (United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, City)

for what he lacks in technique or skill he never gives less than 100 percent unlike some other players

I agree. I love his attitude. If  Benteke had Andis willingness to put a shift in even when things aren't going your way then given Bentekes superior ability he would likely have got himself more goals this season.

I felt sorry for Andi when he was took off today. Given their relative performances today and what I have seen the last few games it was Benteke that should have been dragged off and given a long over due kick up the back side.

• Like 1

After the Chelsea game I'd consider dropping benteke and putting andi up top with Sinclair and Gil behind him. Only reason I wouldn't do it for the Chelsea game is because there's only two ways we'd get something. One way is to have a lot of luck and the other is to get a moment of magic from someone, which andi doesn't really have in his locker but benteke (no matter how poor his form is) does.

Alongside Gil, probably the only player to come out of today with any credit.  Did a good job harrying them from the front and made good runs on the most part.  I'd possibly be in favour of dropping Benteke to start Weimann alongside Gil and Sinclair in an attacking trio against Chelsea.

Possibly.

This.

He seems to link up with Gil well too.

The cross he nearly scored from came from Gil, and they did a lovely one touch move on the edge of the box that almost led to a chance.

He seems more likely to make runs that Gil can pick out than benteke.

Alongside Gil, probably the only player to come out of today with any credit.  Did a good job harrying them from the front and made good runs on the most part.  I'd possibly be in favour of dropping Benteke to start Weimann alongside Gil and Sinclair in an attacking trio against Chelsea.

Possibly.

This.

He seems to link up with Gil well too.

The cross he nearly scored from came from Gil, and they did a lovely one touch move on the edge of the box that almost led to a chance.

He seems more likely to make runs that Gil can pick out than benteke.

Agree with this. Benteke needs to be benched, as I think Weimann is more likely to score at the moment.

After the Chelsea game I'd consider dropping benteke and putting andi up top with Sinclair and Gil behind him. Only reason I wouldn't do it for the Chelsea game is because there's only two ways we'd get something. One way is to have a lot of luck and the other is to get a moment of magic from someone, which andi doesn't really have in his locker but benteke (no matter how poor his form is) does.

I would be surprised if Benteke is able to achieve much against that Chelsea defence.

• 2 weeks later...

Must be watching a different game to people thinking he is "terrible".

Constantly works his arse off  - he headed away a ball out to Kramaric during a Leicester counter attack.  That's right, a counter attack and he still got back - and makes the kind of runs that I could only dream about seeing Benteke make.  Composed finish when offside as well.

I like him.  He offers more than Agbonlahor and links well with whoever plays in midfield.  He's our best forward currently (not that that's saying much :D).

• Like 2

Â