Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Didn't look like he was playing a striker role today, he was popping up all over the place. He basically played the same role he normally does but having Gil in there with him is what made all the difference today Imo. Him and andi showed how crap Gabby has been and we can't afford to play both gabby and Benteke on current form

• Like 3

This play down the middle v play out wide tickles me.

If you are a postman you have to deliver letters

If you are a striker at football you have to deliver goals....if you don't and get lucky, you will still keep your place and play out wide, particularly if you are offering other things, in essence the manager has doubts about leaving you out.

You have to do what it says on the tin.

He has to

one swallow, don't make a summer, so

don't tell me ......show me.

Like anything in life you have to start somewhere, today was a day of positives can we please leave the negativity for another day?

If you are expecting me to fall over my bootlaces in ecstatic applause..think again.

I am as pleased as the next fan with the win, but I want to see a turning of the tide....I will wait and see, but Hey, a potential Banana skin avoided.

As I've said before and I'll say again, no matter where his average position is on the pitch, he is meant to be a striker and he is meant to score goals. When he is seemingly played out wide, he still gets down the middle sometimes and he still gets chances. He gets a lot of chances and most of the time he doesn't take them, I stand by that statement.

However, he looked good today and I agree that Gil seems to click with him somewhat, hopefully that continues and hopefully Andi can bag a few more goals - regardless of what his average position on the pitch is.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

I think movement has always been something Andi offers, but until we signed Gil there was nobody willing to play the clever pass and find him in space.  Not one other player regularly looks to dissect the opposition midfield.  Now we do I think we'll see more of Weimann.  Quality finish today too.

As I've said before and I'll say again, no matter where his average position is on the pitch, he is meant to be a striker and he is meant to score goals. When he is seemingly played out wide, he still gets down the middle sometimes and he still gets chances. He gets a lot of chances and most of the time he doesn't take them, I stand by that statement.

However, he looked good today and I agree that Gil seems to click with him somewhat, hopefully that continues and hopefully Andi can bag a few more goals - regardless of what his average position on the pitch is.

When he's out wide he's always knackered from all the chasing back he does though so when a chance does present he's less likely to take it. 

• Like 1

Andi has done well with Benteke, and now with Gil. Him and Gabby don't work at all.

Someone said that Andi has the instincts of a goal scorer, it's when he has time to think that he struggles. I thought that was well put, it's happened so many times when he crosses. And then he scores beauties like today. A goal of a goal scorer.

Edited by AVTuco

Â