Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

That corner...

Was there anyone inside VP who expected anything different?

The WORST thing about that corner was that not only did it hit the first man, but it actually bounced before the first man. 

There was the attempted cross as well that he went to chase for the loose ball heading to the corner / byline. He might as well not bother if the cross looked absolutely no different from how a Stoke clearance would have looked like. It was that bad.

Lots of players fail to beat teh first man when crossing but it is annoying I agree. He's not good enough! I thought he might be two years ago but I've accepted he will never be good enough now.

Me too, i honestly thought we had finally found a natural goal poacher. I am really surprised that he hasn't kicked on from where he was two seasons back. Not holding out much hope that this will change now.

I've been a supporter of Weimann on here through some low points, but christ alive he was shit yesterday. Mind you - how many managers need to witness this to see the truth - he's not a winger. AT ALL. He should either be playing up front or not at all IMO. 

• Like 1

Would rather play bacuna upfront

Yep, Bacuna does get it wrong often, but when he does get it right he certainly delivers something, whereas Weimann delivers nothing. 

If he is played up front or on the wing his mistakes won't have as big an impact that they would in the centre of the pitch.

im no AW fan but i think hes out leading scorer, i would play him over gabby up front for the run in

Andy and Bentekke actually play allot better up front together than Agbonlahor and Bentekke. Hasnt really happened this season but. Actually i cant remember it happening this season.

That corner...

Was there anyone inside VP who expected anything different?

The WORST thing about that corner was that not only did it hit the first man, but it actually bounced before the first man. 

Im not defending the corner but he did slip massively.  He should have just pulled up a tried again.

Weimann should be played no where else but up front, he is a technically poor player but his movement and work rate is a problem for other teams. That makes him dangerous in the box but completely useless anywhere else. 

• Like 2

I think I'm being a bit too negative this morning, but Weimann is another player with a lot of effort put in, but end product is poor. Was it a surprise that when he did play well two seasons ago, his contract was up, he was linked to Newcastle and we suddenly gave him a new contract. Ever since he's dropped off. Gets the occasional goal, but now where near the amount he should.

Â