Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

He's got one last chance to prove himself under a new manager. Sherwood has said he likes his strikers to their business in the attacking end of the field and the defenders to defend so hopefully he will start scoring a lot more goals. 

Why is making Weimann an impact sub so out of the question?

Have a front trio of Benteke, Sinclair and Gil and then at 70 minutes when the opposition back 4 is beginning to tire you've got Gabby and Weimann ready to come on.

I don't understand why players either have to be immovable objects in the first 11 or never play again.

• Like 2

Shocking player, absolutely one of the worst players from a technical standpoint that I've seen for a very long time in a Villa shirt.

He's still the forward who creates the most worry for a defence.  Did more in his cameo than Benteke or Agbonlahor did all game.

Shocking player, absolutely one of the worst players from a technical standpoint that I've seen for a very long time in a Villa shirt.

He's still the forward who creates the most worry for a defence.  Did more in his cameo than Benteke or Agbonlahor did all game.

Exactly. I'd rather have him on than Agbonlahor. It's better to have Weimann screw up 3 chances and create one rather than just have Agbonlahor do nothing all match. 

• Like 1

Exactly. I'd rather have him on than Agbonlahor. It's better to have Weimann screw up 3 chances and create one rather than just have Agbonlahor do nothing all match. 

Yeah, correct for me.  Benteke and Weimann have previously linked up well.  I can't remember any point at which Benteke and Agbonlahor have done.

I'd play Weimann every game at the moment.  Even if he's not the greatest player, he doesn't seem to be too affected by confidence.  He still makes the runs, still wants to be on the ball and still tries to make things happen.

Yep, he was great at hitting the first man with his crosses and he certainly won the 'who can kick the ball in the air the highest' contest with one of his attempted 'crosses'.

He's just absolute abysmal.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Yep, he was great at hitting the first man with his crosses and he certainly won the 'who can kick the ball in the air the highest' contest with one of his attempted 'crosses'.

He's just absolute abysmal.

We'll agree to disagree ;)

Â