Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Im sick of people defending this man by saying he works his ass off, He's not good enough!!!

We have a lad who works in our department and he's a lovely bloke and he works his ass off all day long and puts the overtime in!! but unfortunately he is useless and constantly gets things wrong and needs to redo them. He is classed as dead wood and i have already put his name forward for the next culling. 

We also have another guy who only turns up 9-5 and puts no overtime in but his productivity is outstanding and constantly delivers the goods.

See my point, Weimann is dead wood.

In this instance, Weimann is the hard worker as well as the one producing the goods (top scorer - 4 goals).

So errrr....

• Like 1

Andreas is not a winger. He is STRIKER. As a lone striker, he is no. 2 or 3 in picking order - level on with Gabby, Benteke being our no. 1. And I fear, with Kozák´s return, Andreas will be no. 3 and 4 with Gabby.

It all matters from Sherwood´s preffered formation. Playing Andreas and Gabby out of position was one of Lambert´s biggest mistakes.

• Like 2

hard worker and inteligent player but sadly he doesnt have the technical aspects to make him a very good player.

He showed perfect example in 1st half yesterday when he blazed over the bar but he was only player to see where the ball was going to go from Hutton cross

hard worker and inteligent player but sadly he doesnt have the technical aspects to make him a very good player.

He showed perfect example in 1st half yesterday when he blazed over the bar but he was only player to see where the ball was going to go from Hutton cross

It was not an easy chance, even Messi blazed similar chance over last night.

No more than a squad player for me.

Always puts in a shift, but lacks quality and composure.

Sure he's played out of position, but I don't think for one minute that if he played 38 games up front that he could score 20 goals.

No more than a squad player for me.

Always puts in a shift, but lacks quality and composure.

Sure he's played out of position, but I don't think for one minute that if he played 38 games up front that he could score 20 goals.

Nope but I do believe he would score 10-15.

Im sick of people defending this man by saying he works his ass off, He's not good enough!!!

We have a lad who works in our department and he's a lovely bloke and he works his ass off all day long and puts the overtime in!! but unfortunately he is useless and constantly gets things wrong and needs to redo them. He is classed as dead wood and i have already put his name forward for the next culling. 

We also have another guy who only turns up 9-5 and puts no overtime in but his productivity is outstanding and constantly delivers the goods.

See my point, Weimann is dead wood.

Don't know how many times this needs to be pointed out, but football can never be compared with what happens in the workplace. The use of analogies means nothing. I like Weimann's application, he makes good runs, gets into good positions, gets goals, is a much better player in the middle. See, you do not need analogies.

And this hard working lad, who is unfortunately not good enough in your eyes, whom you will `cull', is a person.

Some day someone may `cull' you, you might not be so flippant and unfeeling about it. 

• Like 2

It was not an easy chance, even Messi blazed similar chance over last night.

I think I know what you are trying to say , but there is so much wrong with that comment.

Confused as to why some think Weimann won't be a Sherwood type player because I think he absolutely is. Sherwood is the type of manager who'd rather play someone who works his bollocks off for 90 minutes than a player who's great but can only do it for half an hour. Hence why I don't see N'Zogbia playing much, if any, football when Sherwood is about. 

Confused as to why some think Weimann won't be a Sherwood type player because I think he absolutely is. Sherwood is the type of manager who'd rather play someone who works his bollocks off for 90 minutes than a player who's great but can only do it for half an hour. Hence why I don't see N'Zogbia playing much, if any, football when Sherwood is about. 

Hasn't worked our for Lambert though, has it? If Sherwood has any intelligence he will try to learn from Lambert's mistakes.

Weimann is more intelligent that most give him credit for, he also does put a shift in. He's not a bad finisher, not worse than Gabby for me. I'd be game for him, Gil or Sinclair supporting Benteke. 

Edited by Jonoridge91
  • Like 2

I think you can get away with hard working being your best trait when you are a midfielder to an extent, but as a wide forward/striker it is a pretty lame speciality.

Say that to the fullback who is getting much better support. I'd imagine our fullbacks prefer Bacuna & Weimann in front of them over Grealish and N'Zogbia for example. 

Firstly Sherwood likes players that have skill.

Secondly he likes players that work hard.

Thirdly he likes players to play in their proper positions.

Basically, he likes skillful players who works hard ;)

He will respect Weimann, cause of the work ethic- which I think he will see as a great attribute especially when we don't have much skill in the squad.

But I think he'll push Weimann up alongside Benteke. Play him as a poacher and stop all this dropping into midfield rubbish.

Weimann will score, work hard and might become a fan favourite. He'll definitely score goals in the championship.

But Wiemann's lack of basic will drive him mad. (As it does most of us)

I think you can get away with hard working being your best trait when you are a midfielder to an extent, but as a wide forward/striker it is a pretty lame speciality.

Say that to the fullback who is getting much better support. I'd imagine our fullbacks prefer Bacuna & Weimann in front of them over Grealish and N'Zogbia for example.

I don't think a forward's priority is to defend the full backs.

I don't think a forward's priority is to defend the full backs.

Weimann has been playing as a winger, right midfielder. Call it what you want. You have priorities when you don't have the ball just as you have them when you do. Weimann I believe offers better cover for the full back than a Sinclair, Grealish or N'Zogbia might/would when we don't have the ball. Even your forward attacking players need to be able to put in a shift defensively in today's game. 

Edited by Jonoridge91
  • Like 1

Always got time for a player who puts in the effort he does.

To me this is getting detrimental to him now...yes that will always please fans who still a player running their butt off but if I was on the training ground I'd tell Weimann to conserve more energy, actually get in the bleeding box when a cross goes in and actually attempt to work on some composure when he gets the ball.

Part of me thinks all that running means he's shattered when he actually has to use some thought to kick or pass the ball...look at that shot from Hutton's cross that went miles over the bar. Hopeless and he does that too often for my liking nowadays.

I reckon we need to see where Sherwood is going to play Weimann. I hope we see him as a striker so we can an end to the speculation/arguments on here when we can jugde the full picture/Andi's full capability. Which is fair enough i reckon. I reckon he's a good impact sub though because of how hard he works. Second half, tired legs, on comes Weimann nipping at your ankles - pain in the arse. Hope he does well under Sherwood! Im eager to see if he'll improve in a different position. 

Edited by tomh621

Â