Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I've defended him on here so many times but absolutely shite again today. Looks totally totally lacking in confidence. He was actually worse than Gabby which is saying something. 

No chance, he is much better than that clown, if only on work ethic alone.

Not today he wasn't

i never get the championship / league 1 comments

from what ive seen of him and the championship / league 1 he's one of those barely premier league quality players that would be eaten alive down there, shit touch, bang, rinse and repeat, he'd get bullied every week and be even less effective then he is now, his touch and close control simply isnt good enough, his decision making isnt good enough and his finishing which we have always been told was so good isnt good enough, if we went down weimann would look worse rather than better IMO everything about him looks too namby pamby (for want of a better word)

kozak on the other hand... i think he'd tear the championship up if we went down

Unfortunately we don't have much else to go to until Kozak can play again.

Think both Weimann and Gabby should be on the bench in the hope they can do something when called upon.

Weimann is certainly suffering with low confidence and doesn't appear to be able to even strike a ball properly when the chance arises.

I won't write him off entirely, but he needs a rest, which sadly we cannot afford to give him.

Although Gabby, Nzogbia, Cleverly, Lowton & Sinclair seem to have been brought back from the brink. I dont think Ive ever seen Weimann as a player that has produced consistency and showed enough quality like the others. Hes been there because there has been no one else. 

Hes probably one of the hardest trainers but he dosnt have enough quality I dont think we will be seeing much of him from now on. 

It's hard to dislike him as he tries so hard but truth be told he looks way off the standard. I'd still like to see if he can cut it at centre forward but doubt he will get the chance. Can see him moving on in the summer.

It's hard to dislike him as he tries so hard but truth be told he looks way off the standard. I'd still like to see if he can cut it at centre forward but doubt he will get the chance. Can see him moving on in the summer.

His main problem is his extremely weak first touch and general technique. I can see him doing well in the Championsship though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Of everyone in our squad, I think Weimann is the one who is going to be the first player ditched by Sherwood. In the games he has featured in since Sherwood has joined, mostly (if not all) sub appearances, he has been very ineffectual. I would also say that he doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as everyone else, and that the new style is exposing his lack of technical ability.

I think under Lambert he kept his place because of his work rate and perceived instinct to be in the right place at the right time, but I don't seem him being any more than a squad player now at best.

(I'm even including Gil in this, as I think at some point he will get his chance - he's probably just not up to the speed on play which Sherwood wants at the moment.)

A big shame to say he just isn't good enough as he is the player I warmed to a lot over the last few years. I remember everyone getting excited about Delfouneso and MM always said the one they actually fancy is Weimann. Looked a real threat in Lambert's first season but overall just simply not good enough. 

His work rate is an absolute breath of fresh air and something I have very rarely seen for Villa. However, more ability is needed if we want to move forward.

• Like 1

Will be the first out the door in the summer should we stay up I think.

Can see a loan move to a promoted team, a last chance saloon.

The rest is up to him.

I hope he doesn't end up on the same track as so many other prospects after they leave they their home comforts and suffer a knock back. Matt Derbyshire springs to mind.

Edited by rodders0223

Â