Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

We have a summer and Christmas party with an open bar every year. For at least the last two years I've been the most disgracefully drunk person there, but I couldn't make it this year.

I'm not "that guy" for at least 6 months. Feels good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We have a summer and Christmas party with an open bar every year. For at least the last two years I've been the most disgracefully drunk person there, but I couldn't make it this year.

I'm not "that guy" for at least 6 months. Feels good.

I was always that guy at my previous company. Tonight I go to my first do with my current company. 

Why get so drunk at parties?  Can you not afford the booze when you have to pay yourself? :lol:  

I've never understood being at a party (not that I'm ever invited to any :( ) just to get hammered.

It's my wife's xmas party tomorrow night and she's taking a bottle or Prosecco (the 2010's Lambrini) to the hotel room before she even goes out.  What a classy lassy I married :lol:  

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Why get so drunk at parties?  Can you not afford the booze when you have to pay yourself? :lol:  

I assure you, I get just as drunk when I'm paying. It's just not usually with work people.

I never drink with the *intention* of getting hammered. I'll often just have a beer or two with dinner as I'm a hipster beer rocket polisher and love trying different styles.

But once I get to somewhere from 4-5 drinks, it becomes an increasingly good idea to have one more, and that cycle doesn't end until the beer is gone, or I'm asleep.

• Like 1

On 05/12/2019 at 13:42, Ingram85 said:

Mint matchmakers. In 30 odd years I've never got tired of eating them during the christmas season. I know you can eat them whenever but I only ever eat them at this time of year for some reason. Much like turkish delight or dates.

Salted. Caramel. Ones.

Banging

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I assure you, I get just as drunk when I'm paying. It's just not usually with work people.

I never drink with the *intention* of getting hammered. I'll often just have a beer or two with dinner as I'm a hipster beer rocket polisher and love trying different styles.

But once I get to somewhere from 4-5 drinks, it becomes an increasingly good idea to have one more, and that cycle doesn't end until the beer is gone, or I'm asleep.

100% the same.

Also think I have "FOMO" drilled into my DNA.  Just doesn't seem right to go home before the night has actually ended.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

This Tweet cheered me up. Expect Musk to be called a paedophile everywhere he goes, which I hope will bring a small sense of satisfaction to Britain's favourite non-paedophile cave explorer.

Since Britain's libel laws are massively more restrictive than America's, I would imagine we average Brits can still end up in significant trouble stating that Musk is a paedophile.

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Since Britain's libel laws are massively more restrictive than America's, I would imagine we average Brits can still end up in significant trouble stating that Musk is a paedophile.

Lol, shut it paedo nonce.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

As a long-term fan of the 'carrier bag briefcase', I salute this guy for repping us in the media:

The connoisseur's Carrier Bag Briefcase would ideally be from Lidl, ripped, and held together with sellotape. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

As a long-term fan of the 'carrier bag briefcase', I salute this guy for repping us in the media:

I was willing him to produce a Tupperware full of sarnies and a Capri-sun from the bag, sit down and tuck in. 

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 08/12/2019 at 17:06, bickster said:

Liverpool FC informed by the FA that they won't be eligible to host any England matches if they don't allow The S*n back into the Anfield Press Area

LFC informed the FA they didn't wish to be considered for any England games.

Credit where credit is due

The FA could never in a million years believe that Liverpool FC would trade letting the Sun in to host an international match.

A billion years in fact.

Â