Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Back today after 3 nights exploring the Cotswolds. What a stunning part of the country. Breathtaking scenery and everyone so polite and helpful. Stayed in a different place every night. First night in Burford, which is in the West Oxfordshire part of the cotswolds. Stopped in a fabulous hotel (Bay Tree Hotel) and was only £100 for the night... worth at least double. Next night was in Bourton on the Water, the quintessential picture postcard town. Last night was in Broadway, another fabulous place. During the day went to the usual places like Moreton in the Marsh, Stow on the Wold, Bibury, Chipping Norton, etc and drove through some smaller non touristy villages, which were delightful. 

Its made me go all English gent and want to buy a flat cap, barbour jacket, a Range Rover and go shooting things! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Back today after 3 nights exploring the Cotswolds. What a stunning part of the country. Breathtaking scenery and everyone so polite and helpful. Stayed in a different place every night. First night in Burford, which is in the West Oxfordshire part of the cotswolds. Stopped in a fabulous hotel (Bay Tree Hotel) and was only £100 for the night... worth at least double. Next night was in Bourton on the Water, the quintessential picture postcard town. Last night was in Broadway, another fabulous place. During the day went to the usual places like Moreton in the Marsh, Stow on the Wold, Bibury, Chipping Norton, etc and drove through some smaller non touristy villages. 

Its made me go all English gent and want to buy a flat cap, barbour jacket, a Range Rover and go shooting peasants! 

FTFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve been drag racing at Morton in the Marsh.

To clarify, this was back when drag racing was driving a VW Beetle for a quarter of a mile against the clock, not tucking my todger up and pretending I’m Cilla Crack.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been drag racing at Morton in the Marsh.

To clarify, this was back when drag racing was driving a VW Beetle for a quarter of a mile against the clock, not tucking my todger up and pretending I’m Cilla Crack.

A friend and his partner insisted I join them for one show of that load of bollocks because it's apparently amusing.

I guess it takes all sorts and every sort has their take.

My lad has come back from a party and been honking up for an hour after drinking his beers and sharing a vodka bottle around. 

I'm so happy I learned years ago what twattishness that is and won't have to suffer it again. 

I equally hope the horror of waves of dry retching has taught him the same lesson. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Two years ago I embarked on a university degree with 5 women whom I did not know.

Two years on I have five friends for life, all beautiful people who have helped me grow as a man.

And now that they have completed their degrees, full confidence that they will advocate justly for youth at risk.

How many of them you shagged then? 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Back today after 3 nights exploring the Cotswolds. What a stunning part of the country. Breathtaking scenery and everyone so polite and helpful. Stayed in a different place every night. First night in Burford, which is in the West Oxfordshire part of the cotswolds. Stopped in a fabulous hotel (Bay Tree Hotel) and was only £100 for the night... worth at least double. Next night was in Bourton on the Water, the quintessential picture postcard town. Last night was in Broadway, another fabulous place. During the day went to the usual places like Moreton in the Marsh, Stow on the Wold, Bibury, Chipping Norton, etc and drove through some smaller non touristy villages, which were delightful. 

Its made me go all English gent and want to buy a flat cap, barbour jacket, a Range Rover and go shooting things! 

We were there for a week earlier this month (stayed in Bourton on the Water). You're right about the landscape and the architecture, all beautiful. But I have to admit I found the smug Tory affluence of it all somewhat took the edge off my enjoyment. Nice visit, but I couldn't bear to live there, and I was glad to get home. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We were there for a week earlier this month (stayed in Bourton on the Water). You're right about the landscape and the architecture, all beautiful. But I have to admit I found the smug Tory affluence of it all somewhat took the edge off my enjoyment. Nice visit, but I couldn't bear to live there, and I was glad to get home. 

Probably why I like it

:trollface:

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Probably why I like it

:trollface:

It was probably just me. There's a group of us, old friends who live in different parts of the country and get together for short break two or three times a year. We've done Scotland, Northumberland, Wales, London, Devon, etc. , and this time was the Cotswolds. The others all thought it was one of the best trips we'd had, I was the odd one out, who found it all a bit 'meh'. 

Seven Go Mad On Sanatogen: 

Screenshot_20191123_182902_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It was probably just me. There's a group of us, old friends who live in different parts of the country and get together for short break two or three times a year. We've done Scotland, Northumberland, Wales, London, Devon, etc. , and this time was the Cotswolds. The others all thought it was one of the best trips we'd had, I was the odd one out, who found it all a bit 'meh'. 

Seven Go Mad On Sanatogen: 

Screenshot_20191123_182902_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Who's Mrs happy on the right?

:lol:

Â