Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Yesterday’s sunshine happiness replaced this morning with the happiness of being home, sat in the quiet, listening to the fog horn sounding out in the Channel. A good old fashioned pea super of a fog. Proper memories of childhood there.

Fog horns must be close to redundant these days, Shirley? What shipping needs to be told its foggy, doesn’t have any radar or radio but can navigate by the sound of a distant hooter?

Not my photo, but I’ve just been over there and it’s awesome today.

It’s a strange mix of sunny and foggy. Lots of people running around getting foggy / misty photos of landmarks and graveyards and goalposts and wotnot.

ENCh227XYAAFePp?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

I’ve done a **** ton of DIY mini projects around the house over the last few days. All those jiggly not quite finished projects. I’ve even spoken to British Gas and sorted that over due boiler service.

Smashed through a list of about 15 different little paint jobs and shelves and coat hooks and oiling of hinges.

I even got time to further pimp my turntable and cut the back off the lid so I can slide it on and off.

I am a magnificent specimen of a man. 

Tomorrow, I shall do **** all, all day. I might go down the beach, get a bacon butty and a coffee and watch people jump in the sea. 

• Like 2

My 17 year old works as a potwasher in the local, while he does his a levels. Sometimes he gets to wait tables. He came home last night beaming, because he overheard some girls saying he was fit. Works party tonight for the staff, said he'd be home by about 10. Just got a text saying he'd be late as he was just going to a girls house.

I think he's losing his cherry right now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, colhint said:

My 17 year old works as a potwasher in the local, while he does his a levels. Sometimes he gets to wait tables. He came home last night beaming, because he overheard some girls saying he was fit. Works party tonight for the staff, said he'd be home by about 10. Just got a text saying he'd be late as he was just going to a girls house.

I think he's losing his cherry right now.

In the absence of @rjw63, i offer the following advice:

W1yOyr7.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

My wife asked me why I was giggling, I explained and she said I was really cruel and should apologise.

I'm never giving you another like again. 

You know how much it meant!

Maybe if everyone you ever loved died, you'd be sad too. 

• Haha 1

Â