Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Mine kept freezing when I first tried it but my wifi was connecting  it on the 2.4 ghz channel , when I forced it onto 5 ghz it ran like a dream

could have just been a coincidence of course  and it was early teething issues 

56 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

In fairness to Sky and BT the restriction on games is nothing to do with them, that's just how they are sold by the premier league.

You do wonder if this might open the flood gates for more packages like this before sooner or later we get all 3pms, is it really going to mean empty grounds.

I do wonder that, and further I wonder if it's going to lead to Amazon buying individual deals with particular clubs, and the end of collective bargaining. In which case we're stuffed, obviously.

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Amazon getting PL rights is amazing. Multiple games at once, broadcast online.

I can swap between them, I can expand the stats and see them inline with the game, as well as the lineups, then collapse them again. There's a timeline with the games with highlights annotated, that I can skip to, then resume the live game either from where I stopped viewing or from the current time.

I hope they get significantly more games. **** off Sky and BT, this is what modern sports broadcasting should be.

Every single PL game broadcast in this way, name your price. 

I fesr tonight's game may not Cheer You Up. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I do wonder that, and further I wonder if it's going to lead to Amazon buying individual deals with particular clubs, and the end of collective bargaining. In which case we're stuffed, obviously.

That's my worry about it too

The model works, the Nfl shows that, where the money goes is the problem

I did see on twitter talks port having the discussion about how much the PL is worth, why have they be er invested in their own TV infrastructure? They could bypass sky if they really wanted to, would take a few years to set up but its doable, same with NFL films, why isn't there a PL version

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I did see on twitter talks port having the discussion about how much the PL is worth, why have they be er invested in their own TV infrastructure? They could bypass sky if they really wanted to, would take a few years to set up but its doable, same with NFL films, why isn't there a PL version

By selling to Sky, BT and Amazon the FA can make £4.5bn without doing any work and at no risk

Can see why the CBA to change anything

Edited by Mozzavfc

Bought my son a villa kit for his 2nd Birthday and at the last second chucked a pair of pyjamas for me on the order.

I don't care but at 32 I look bloody glorious in them. Claret and blue check trousers and they fit like a dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mint matchmakers. In 30 odd years I've never got tired of eating them during the christmas season. I know you can eat them whenever but I only ever eat them at this time of year for some reason. Much like turkish delight or dates.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Mint matchmakers. In 30 odd years I've never got tired of eating them during the christmas season. I know you can eat them whenever but I only ever eat them at this time of year for some reason. Much like turkish delight or dates.

they did a gingerbread version of matchmakers  the other year ... they were rather yummy

Turkish delight is a fav of mine , surprised how many people don't like the stuff

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Turkish delight is a fav of mine , surprised how many people don't like the stuff

I'm a bit of a philistine with that stuff. I don't like 'proper' Turkish Delight, but could eat the Fry's version by the bucketload 🙂

11 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm a bit of a philistine with that stuff. I don't like 'proper' Turkish Delight, but could eat the Fry's version by the bucketload 🙂

I'm the complete opposite.

Love the powdery shit, HATE the shiny pink shit. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm the complete opposite.

Love the powdery shit, HATE the shiny pink shit. 

Same here.

While we're on 'weird Christmas snacks'.... can you still get cheese footballs? 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Same here.

While we're on 'weird Christmas snacks'.... can you still get cheese footballs? 

Wow! Not thought about those for years..  But I know there's a finished tin of them used as a nail/screw container in my dads garage. 

Mainly black, with a cheeseball "swooshing" towards the camera, with a red lid :) 

weird. 

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Wow! Not thought about those for years..  But I know there's a finished tin of them used as a nail/screw container in my dads garage. 

Mainly black, with a cheeseball "swooshing" towards the camera, with a red lid :) 

weird. 

In my garage, I have a small Quality Street tin full of half teams of subutteo figures.

Mostly late 1970's international kits, Switzerland, Sweden, Germany well represented and a random selection of others where I'd struggle to raise a 5 a side team if the ref was pedantic and insisted all players had to have heads.

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

In my garage, I have a small Quality Street tin full of half teams of subutteo figures.

Mostly late 1970's international kits, Switzerland, Sweden, Germany well represented and a random selection of others where I'd struggle to raise a 5 a side team if the ref was pedantic and insisted all players had to have heads.

Any Dukla Prague Away Kits? 😉

• Like 3

On 22/11/2019 at 19:42, Xela said:

Back today after 3 nights exploring the Cotswolds. What a stunning part of the country. Breathtaking scenery and everyone so polite and helpful. Stayed in a different place every night. First night in Burford, which is in the West Oxfordshire part of the cotswolds. Stopped in a fabulous hotel (Bay Tree Hotel) and was only £100 for the night... worth at least double. Next night was in Bourton on the Water, the quintessential picture postcard town. Last night was in Broadway, another fabulous place. During the day went to the usual places like Moreton in the Marsh, Stow on the Wold, Bibury, Chipping Norton, etc and drove through some smaller non touristy villages, which were delightful. 

Its made me go all English gent and want to buy a flat cap, barbour jacket, a Range Rover and go shooting things! 

On 22/11/2019 at 19:53, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been drag racing at Morton in the Marsh.

To clarify, this was back when drag racing was driving a VW Beetle for a quarter of a mile against the clock, not tucking my todger up and pretending I’m Cilla Crack.

46773990785_e164ecc764_w.jpg

Pic! 

Moreton in the Marsh drag racing Beetles, that's me giving it double denim.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â