The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, privateer said:

I don't disagree with you on him being a good player and us getting value out of him - I've already said as much. I also know and accept mine may not be the majority view on him.

However, unlike you seem to have -and other fans too because many would welcome him back - I have no warmth towards him at all. He did the job he was supposed to do and in the process earned a lot of money and, more importantly to him than what happened to us as a club, earned himself the move he was playing for. Do I care? No. If he had gone when he first tried to move after a year I'd have antipathy towards him.

The other point where we diverge is you use the term "belong". Like he's one of us. Like he has an emotional connection. Like he cares. He doesn't "belong" here because he isn't one of us, has no emotional connection and doesn't care in the slightest. To be frank, I think that the much-reviled Fabian "snake" Delph holds us in more regard even now than Benteke ever did. I doubt if Benteke has given us another thought as a club since he went up to Liverpool.

And that brings me to the final point - the confidence player syndrome. I don't want confidence players. I want confident players. Confidence players can be - that awful cliche - "unplayable on their day" but are often inconsistent, go missing, can get their arse in their hands and are dead weight when their confidence is unaligned with requirements.

Confident players deliver. They may not be spectacular but I'd rather have a team full of confident players turning in 100% every time than an "unplayable on their day" guy taking one of the shirts because whose "unplayability" is dependent on his mood levels. And he'd be damn expensive. :lol: This guy isn't Hutton. He's not going to take a mammoth pay cut to come here.

I might have been a bit excited when I said (belongs). Sometimes I don’t have enough vocabs to express myself (actually I thank this site a lot, it has improved my English alot). 

Anyway, I meant here was his biggest form, here was his big impact, here where fans cared about him. We have players who are the other side (N’Zogbia) for example, had his worst years here while unplayable at Wigan. We could accept some bad performances from Benteke but not N’Zogbia.

We had a period with lack of good players, when you think that since Ashley, Downing have gone, we only had Benteke and Delph as the only highlights, you know why we still admire Benteke. We had couple of promising players the year we went down but sadly it didnt go well.

The problem is not to have a confidence player, the problem is that we dont have proper players. We are not in a position to be picky. Some of our experienced players are: Hutton, Elmo, Whelan and Elphick. 

I agree if you gave me choices, I would choose the most consistent player, but what if he’s consistent but lack quality? Midtable teams on the premier league have a lot of them. Jonathan Hogg, Ashley Westwood, Marc Albrighton and Ciaran Clark all are still playing upthere.

Its not as we don’t know Benteke, he had long spells with us without scoring, but when he score he go in a streak of scoring for fun. Most of our current players are also confidence players (actually most players to an instant are).

About his thinking on Villa, he commented in one of Jack pictures in the instagram about the great days he had here. Actually he can’t but think of it. There are no fans that will support him like Villa fans.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I wouldnt go to either of those two plastic clubs.

Chelsea are on the decline Abromovic will soon do a lerner. and tottingham hotsquirts are the new leeds united ie always the bridesmade never the bride.

The only club I would consider is man city however you would have to be content with the odd sub appearance, and the cup ties against league two opposition.

Better to stay at Villa and play some football and get some glory.

No other teams fans would surge onto the pitch and lift him into the air.  ask terry how many times it happened at chelsea with all the stuff they won?

firstly fans of these so called big clubs don't have the bottle to get on the pitch, they're the type of "fans" who bring ipads to the game.

That final whistle against boro was pure euphoria...and it was a nil nil draw?

The person who wants to buy Chelsea is like 3 times richer than Abramovic

16 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Villa fan or not Grealish's career means more to him.

He has the ability to further his career and i would not hold that against him.

I hope we get some really good money for him if he does leave.

That's the crucial bit, no one is indispensible.....but the next crucial bit is.....who comes in to the club.

If we embark on a road of signing better than we sell.....we are on the right road.

If like the last ten years, we have sold better than we bought we are in trouble or not getting out of trouble.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Why can't he stay and further his career? Have we not just been taken over by fabulous wealthy and well connected people? Isn't the future bright? Isn't he only 22?

He is ambitious, he may feel that playing premier league football next season is key for his development.

He also is probably looking forward to playing with a greater quality footballers and being coached by Pochettino.

I guarantee when he was watching England at the world cup he thought.. I'm good enough to be playing at this level, i need to prove myself next season at a higher level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He is ambitious, he may feel that playing premier league football next season is key for his development.

He also is probably looking forward to playing with a greater quality footballers and being coached by Pochettino.

I guarantee when he was watching England at the world cup he thought.. I'm good enough to be playing at this level, i need to prove myself next season at a higher level.

My understanding is the club have said he can go if he so wishes.....but he now doesn't have to go........so the decision is his.

seems pretty fair to me.

I just hope, should he go.....we have our own plans to improve things......so far its looking a tad unlikely.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

My understanding is the club have said he can go if he so wishes.....but he now doesn't have to go........so the decision is his.

seems pretty fair to me.

I just hope, should he go.....we have our own plans to improve things......so far its looking a tad unlikely.

I would hope the club added "if a club matches our valuation". I think we would look mugs if Levy got Jack for around half of what we wanted after all. Having said that I still hope Jack would be prepared to stick around.    

5 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

The only way Jack should be sold is if we can't find a way around FFP. We shouldn't be selling Jack because it's what he wants. The club has to put itself first.

In a nutshell.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Was. I think he left when he turned pro. 

avfcprideofbrum, irrc. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not anymore (although he has told me he still reads it now and then).

But he used to be a prolific poster. Not sure his username is still active. AVFCPrideofBrum I think was him from memory.

Wow. Okay, that's blown my mind. I used to read the forum back then and remember him very well.

I even played against him when he was part of the Villa Talk 5-aside team that played at Goals at Star City. Never knew he turned out to be Joe Lolley haha!

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Spurs are still well off the mark if they think they can get him for 20 million.

Quite right, I just saw a newsnow linked article to a spurs fan site which is quite respected and they still describe villa as cash-strapped. This is so innaccurate. We can wait till Jan if we have to, so they simply must pay now what it is worth, or wait till Jan and face competition because we all know jack will storm the league this season. 

52 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Wow. Okay, that's blown my mind. I used to read the forum back then and remember him very well.

I even played against him when he was part of the Villa Talk 5-aside team that played at Goals at Star City. Never knew he turned out to be Joe Lolley haha!

Ha, I was in that 5-aside team too! Played with Joe plenty of times.

Unsurprisingly he was unreal compared to us bunch of mongs.

• Like 1

Villatransfers on Twitter...

UPDATE - I will try to articulate what I know, Jack isn’t for sale, however if good offer comes in the club will not stand in his way. Equally jack is happy to stay but would like to progress his career. Its likely to go until the end, my money on an outcome? I think he will stay

So he wants to go if someone will buy him.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If you look up ITK in the dictionary, I think it would give you that paragraph as a prime example :D

"He's not for sale, except he is. He doesn't want to go, except he does. I think he'll stay, but he might not"

Ha, I do genuinely think this dude is ITK though. He's broke loads of transfers over the past few years before they've hit the press at all. He's got something to do with the medical staff. 

He's the only person on Twitter that I receive notifications from when they post ;)

• Like 3

Â