The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't know about the shady world of finance although I'm no stranger to numbers. What I do know is that certain people can be very creative with it. That's up to them.

What I do know is PR and marketing. And releasing statements where you are relying on thousands of people reading between the lines is not something smart people do. You're only inviting trouble and malcontent from what basically are your customers. Sorry Pete, I don't see it.

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

The question is how serious are Spurs about Grealish? Are they willing to pay market value, and then some? Or did Levy see a bargain asset that could have the potential to integrate into the team or at least be turned around for a much greater profit. 

ATM, the answer remains as clear as mud. 

I think you have given the answer above. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Might just be me, but I honestly couldn't give a shit about his career if it's not with us.

I wouldn't go that far, but given the choice between a club that just came straight in with our asking price, or a hard-bargaining bellend that offers £15m below what we want, and then continues to haggle for the next 3 weeks, adding £1 to the offer each time, I'll go with the former.

I'd love to say that I couldn't give a shit, but ultimately he is one of us, as he's a Villa fan, so I'll watch his progress, from afar, whatever team he's with. Similar to how I like to see Joe Lolley doing well. My only interaction with him is on an internet forum, and the only other similarity is that we both support Villa, but I'll still watch his career progress too.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I wouldn't go that far, but given the choice between a club that just came straight in with our asking price, or a hard-bargaining bellend that offers £15m below what we want, and then continues to haggle for the next 3 weeks, adding £1 to the offer each time, I'll go with the former.

I'd love to say that I couldn't give a shit, but ultimately he is one of us, as he's a Villa fan, so I'll watch his progress, from afar, whatever team he's with. Similar to how I like to see Joe Lolley doing well. My only interaction with him is on an internet forum, and the only other similarity is that we both support Villa, but I'll still watch his career progress too.

It's nothing sadistic, i just don't care.
If he has a choice between two clubs, I choose the club that benefits Villa the most. If Jack ruins his career as a result then tough shit.

Lolley is an exception.  I care about his career because he's literally a VTer.

If it leaves there will always be a part of me that is proud if he ends up wearing an England shirt.

But beyond that, I won't be following Spurs or Chelsea to see how he is doing.

There is no loyalty in football, it simply about getting stupid amounts of Money, playing in the Champion's League and for your country.

You can't be loyal to a manager and coaching staff very long because they will likely get sacked before your contract runs out, your friends in the team will most likely leave at some point also, the club may be taken over in that time.

The only consistent at any club is the fans and the institution that is your team, I don't think any football player really cares about that anymore.

So by the same token why should we be loyal to a player when the have left?

Edited by VillanousOne

52 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Well, I think it depends on how he goes, what have he done for the club, how much the club recieved?

Most of Villa fans still have some emotions with Christian Benteke who’s not one of us, nor said he is a Villa fan.

There are players who are treated badly by the club while theyre Villa fans you cant do but hope the best for them. There are players who gave the club their all and fans could understand their eager to meet their potential.

Two weeks ago and everybody would have thank Grealish. Now it depends how will it go, if the club just sold him in a small price then Grealish and the Board all should get the blame. If Jack forced a move then he won’t deserve following him at all, especially considering how late are we in the window. Jack still owes us a proper season (or proper money) to be followed in his career from Villa fans.

I don’t know who’s Joe Lolley but seen an interview which he express his Villa love in. You can’t hate any player who’s passion about Villa, but most of those who went in a bad way have their Villa days faded.

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's nothing sadistic, i just don't care.
If he has a choice between two clubs, I choose the club that benefits Villa the most. If Jack ruins his career as a result then tough shit.

Lolley is an exception.  I care about his career because he's literally a VTer.

Lolley is on VillaTalk? Who is he?

9 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

If it leaves there will always be a part of me that is proud if he ends up wearing an England shirt.

But beyond that, I won't be following Spurs or Chelsea to see how he is doing.

There is no loyalty in football, it simply about getting stupid amounts of Money, playing in the Champion's League and for your country.

You can't be loyal to a manager and coaching staff very long because they will likely get sacked before your contract runs out, your friends in the team will most likely leave at some point also, the club may be taken over in that time.

The only consistent at any club is the fans and the institution that is your team, I don't think any football player really cares about that anymore.

So by the same token why should we be loyal to a player when the have left?

You're right, so, just like when you think your bird is thinking of moving on so you ditch her first, I'm going to get proactive on Grealish's ass right now. He's dead to me already and I'm going to boo him next season even if he stays, the snake, because I know in his black heart he's playing for a move. And his hair is stupid. :lol:

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Most of Villa fans still have some emotions with Christian Benteke who’s not one of us, nor said he is a Villa fan.

I don't know about most. I had zero "emotion" towards Benteke when he was here. I thought he was a good player but he epitomised the modern venal footballer at the end of one season here. I absolutely wouldn't want him back under any circumstances. He had his short time here, scored some goals, got astonishingly well rewarded financially then went elsewhere to get paid even more and score even less. :crylaugh:Have him back? No chance. I've said before, we have already had the best out of him in terms of value. Big transfer fee and his highest goal ratio for his lowest - although still very high - wages.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Lolley is on VillaTalk? Who is he?

Not anymore (although he has told me he still reads it now and then).

But he used to be a prolific poster. Not sure his username is still active. AVFCPrideofBrum I think was him from memory.

11 minutes ago, privateer said:

You're right, so, just like when you think your bird is thinking of moving on so you ditch her first, I'm going to get proactive on Grealish's ass right now. He's dead to me already and I'm going to boo him next season even if he stays, the snake, because I know in his black heart he's playing for a move. And his hair is stupid. :lol:

I don't know about most. I had zero "emotion" towards Benteke when he was here. I thought he was a good player but he epitomised the modern venal footballer at the end of one season here. I absolutely wouldn't want him back under any circumstances. He had his short time here, scored some goals, got astonishingly well rewarded financially then went elsewhere to get paid even more and score even less. :crylaugh:Have him back? No chance. I've said before, we have already had the best out of him in terms of value. Big transfer fee and his highest goal ratio for his lowest - although still very high - wages.

Agree with the serious points re Benteke.  I actually thought he was really lazy and that he felt he was too good for us from the very start.

Edited by Stephen_Evans
Grammatical clarity

8 minutes ago, privateer said:

To be honest, I don’t think I could wish player who got out to be better than he was with us especially in a team playing with us in the same league (well, when we were a premier league team). But atleast some of them you’d hope them better than the others. 

Benteke kept us upthere for two seasons atleast. Some people remember his first year but forget his last year under Sherwood. We had a fantastic second half between him, Delph and Jack.

I would take him back if there was any chance, he’s a confidence player, his confidence won’t come back unless he gets back to where he belong. With our fans he will shine again.

8 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Agree with the serious points re Benteke.  I actually thought he was really lazy and that he felt he was too good for us from the very start.

But he gave his all to us, and was professional since the beginning.

Its a mixture of attitude and performances which makes fans loves a player. You won’t like a player for the sake of he’s a fan or loyal. You won’t like a player who creates problem to make his way out. Its a balance in the middle I think.

If Jack stays this season, he will be loved by all fans, will be a hero if we go up. 

Ofcourse we might argue about he could stay another year if we are up, but if he could help us go up, he would achieve something for the club, and good luck at the next stage.

If Chelsea really are interested we have no chance of keeping him here.

They will do what big clubs do, buy him for the going rate, no quibbles!

They will offer him massive wages that we cant compete with and offer pretty much guaranteed titles and champions league football every year.

I will be disapointed but id understand that!

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

They will offer him massive wages that we cant compete with and offer pretty much guaranteed loan out to a lesser team every year.

Fixed that

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Guarantee him everything except game time. Which we wouldn't get much of.

Thats up to him, what im saying is that they will offer the money to get him at the table. 

14 minutes ago, Nigel said:

They will offer him massive wages that we cant compete with and offer pretty much guaranteed titles and champions league football every year.

They won't be this season!  ;)

Â