The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He's still 22 though. And havent even played a proper season down there. He could still work more in himself and play in a higher level.

Let's not kid ourselves, it would be nice but he is absolute lightyears ahead of the calibre of players in this division, he won't be learning anything he doesn't already possess playing down here again.

• Like 1

I enjoy watching Jack more than any Billa player for many years. I hope we keep him.

But if either( a) he wants to go, or ( b) the new owners want him gone, then, cheerio, next !

Life, and the Club, will go on.

• Like 2

If he doesn't go now it'll boil down to this:

Has he proven himself enough to get a big club to pay the true asking price? I think he looks great and I think he has an incredibly high ceiling, but he needs to turn that class into goals and assists. If the only way he was going to get a move was because we were in a financial mess, making Levy think he could steal himself a bargain then that isn't a realistic or common situation. A more proven player would have had more offers and more clubs fighting for him. 

It may now just come down to Jack needing to prove he can step his game up. He basically would have to do more to justify his move. 

Having said all that, on the other side of the coin I fear we'd be holding him back! But it's not me who has to convince Levy or other CEOs to part with £30/40million and if they won't pay it then what can he do? 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 2

At the moment it's a question of staying at the club that means so much to you and playing in front of the fans who regard you as one of their own or moving to a club who are a division above us and will be in the mix for the major honours. Jack may play in Europe with them but will face a fight to claim a regular starting place. His profile nationally will rise as will his chances of international recognition but he will be playing in front of fans who will question whether he is good enough and will be prepared to be indifferent towards him unless he hits the ground running. If Levy makes an acceptable offer Jack will need to weigh this and financial gain against the fact that the grass has not always proved to be greener on the other side for players that have left Villa Park. If you get to make that decision think long and hard about it Jack and then stay!!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It will massively if the 40m hole is true. We can't afford to increase our debts wven more before addressing the main issue here.

Doesnt matter about the size of the debt, giving 30k extra wont affect the total by much at all!

Especially if you work in the extra true costs to us of him going.

Just don't see this happening. We'll demand upwards of £30 mill, and Tottingham with their expensive stadium still to be entirely paid for will not spend that money on this type of player - they haven't signed anyone yet so why would they sign someone not entirely earmarked for the first 11? Can see the likes of Fulham and Palace chancing their luck though, probably for big money too.

• Like 1

Wonder if Watford will come in for him with the Richarlison money? 

Pretty sure they've been rumoured to be sniffing around in the past. 

Though, can't see the likes of Fulham, Watford or Palace swaying him too much. Spurs are a different story though.

Edited by PieFacE

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

We have players we can sell.

Jedinak or Whelan, one or two of our 4 right backs, Gardner

Then there are players who we could sell if we are able to get replacements in. For example if we were able to sell Bjarnason for 5 million knowing that there is a replacement lined up for him for 2 million then its worth doing. Sell Taylor and loan a left back with an option to buy next season etc. etc.

Add to that the Traore money which we will hopefully be receiving, plus the Gil money which I believe hasn't come in yet

Jedinak and whelan be lucky to get 2m for the pair of them. Wages I don't know what they earn so can't comment there. Taylor will fetch peanuts. 

I doubt anyone will pay 5m for bjarnason.

As far as i am aware xia has excised the traore money and the him cash so can't rely on that.

5 minutes ago, midian said:

Seems like with the news regarding FFP off Matt Scott on Talksport it could be down to Jack if he wants to leave or not 

Or up to Spurs if they want to pay a premium or not.... 

Looking on a Spurs forum, they don't seem to even want him. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Haha 1

I just dont think Spurs will pay 30m+ for a player like Grealish. Not when they have seen the success they have with Alli for peanuts.

For what it's worth, Jack probably needs to be playing in the Premier League now. We should be busting a gut to keep him, whether that be offering him a better deal or agreeing to let him go at the end of the season. 
It would break my heart if he tries to force the move and it gets messy. As thing stand, I'm genuinely excited to follow his career if he does move on, but won't be able to bring myself to do it if he does a Gareth Barry/Dwight Yorke.

He's the most exciting player we have had at Villa in ages, Championship or Premier League. I love the way he plays and have never quite understood how he seems to go past players at walking speed. He just has SO much time on the ball. Yes, he hasn't done anything at the top level yet and I agree he has a long way to go, but was anyone else watching the relatively poor performances of Sterling, Lingard and Alli in the World Cup and thinking - Jack is twice the player?

Come on Villa, let's keep Super Jack!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, midian said:

Seems like with the news regarding FFP off Matt Scott on Talksport it could be down to Jack if he wants to leave or not 

In reality, it's probably down to Levy.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Whats to stop the new owners putting a sweetener into Mr. Grealish' account, off the books? Sign a new contract on the same wages, so FFP is not affected with an extortionate increase in wages. 

was talk last week of ronaldo getting some sort of role at fiat so they would be paying him a large chunk direct off Juve's books (production line...) pretty sure neymar has a similar gig at PSG

it will almost definitely be going on

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just dont think Spurs will pay 30m+ for a player like Grealish. Not when they have seen the success they have with Alli for peanuts.

i dunno, for the success they had with alli they have still spunked £25m on lucas moura, £25m on lamela and £30m on sissoko, i think there is still an element with spurs that they look at the teams around them all spending £50-100m this summer and no doubt the arsenal fans telling them at every opportunity that the new stadiums means they are broke and they will want a statement signing this summer (i think they'll want it to be pulisic not jack) 

if they dont sign anyone and just try and promote winks and onomah this season i dont think their fans will be too happy

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

In reality, it's probably down to Levy.

does Levy drive a Chevy?.......thats why the Levy is dry

and jack and his boys are drinking whiskey and rye.?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Wonder if Watford will come in for him with the Richarlison money? 

Pretty sure they've been rumoured to be sniffing around in the past. 

Though, can't see the likes of Fulham, Watford or Palace swaying him too much. Spurs are a different story though.

Fulham indeed.  I doubt he would want to go to a team who kicked the day lights out of him in the final.

Â