The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 hours ago, striker said:

This has probably been mentioned before but rather than selling our best players why doesn't Xia propose selling part of the club to the fans to keep the club afloat? Then the fans elect a representative to be on the board? 

You have been paying interest to what has been posted around here? (although is the Villa voice of reason and balanced debate compare to many others) there would be absolute carnage, we can’t even agree which tea lady is to blame for feeding gabby all those pies over the years...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Seems as good as gone now from what the Birmingham Mail are reporting. Also, if you believe them, he's not asking for the move.

The one **** time we have a good player who doesn't actually want to leave, but we have to sell him due to mismanagement at the top.

**** you Tony Xia. Hang your head in shame. Supporting this club is like one kick in the balls after another. 

The mans legacy at the club will be written the day he sells Jack ..... 

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Im with you. Way more talented imo, v different players though.

I agree with you both Grealish is a better player than alli, brings a lot more to the team. 

Edited by fifamad

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Im with you. Way more talented imo, v different players though.

Certainly has more presence, and, for me, a lot more potential. I hope he gets to showcase his talent for England. He reminds me a little of Steve McManaman, who , let's not forget,  had a great spell with Real Madrid .

SKY sports news this morning give a 4.3/5 likelihood rating of Spurs signing Jack and "understand talks are ongoing between the clubs." What is there to talk about it Levy won't make a serious offer. Is this just take news based on rumour after rumour? It seems like everyone seems to think we should sell to Levy for whatever he wants to pay us. It's high time the club drew a line under this speculation and said he's staying where he is unless someone meets our asking price but they won't and even if they did it would just  be more take news. What a fine mess our owner has gotten us into!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Alisson, 44 apps for inter, roma #1 Brazil #1 with 31 caps. champions league squad of the season 2017/18, World Cup semi finalist. 

Grealish, motm against Liverpool fa Cup semi final, completed half a season in the championship. 

Big Big difference between the two. Grealish is still  just all potential at the minute. 

What a lot of old tosh! Are we supposed to be impressed by those kind of stats?...

Joe Hart: 266 appearances for Man City, 75 caps for England.

Manchester City

Individual

• Like 1

No bid (not even a low ball offer) yet Spurs apparently want Jack on the plane to USA for preseason on Sunday.

Stories emerging again that we have another tax bill due on Friday. 

It’s so obvious to see where this is heading and it’s depressing. It’s no longer about recovering £40m for FFP it’s about putting something in the bank account to pay the immediate bills. Wouldn’t surprise me if Chelsea bid first and he goes on Friday morning for £15m.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I have no faith in these clowns to get us a good deal. The absolute minimum should be 25m. But knowing us we sell him for 18m tops.

Yep, Like we have all said for most of this thread Dem.

He is a £40m player/asset to us, if he is to go this is what it should be for.

But my incline confidence tells me to expect something like £18m and Josh Onomaha followed by a picture of Levys cock in Xia's mouth.

Someone at this club needs to get a grip as No way would Spurs be bullied out of one of their players how they try to with others.

We need to stand up to these hounds and issue a statement. £40m or **** off. - See Leicester/Marhez transfer.

(Again.. that's if Jack even wants to go!).

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, John said:

SKY sports news this morning give a 4.3/5 likelihood rating of Spurs signing Jack and "understand talks are ongoing between the clubs." What is there to talk about it Levy won't make a serious offer. Is this just take news based on rumour after rumour? It seems like everyone seems to think we should sell to Levy for whatever he wants to pay us. It's high time the club drew a line under this speculation and said he's staying where he is unless someone meets our asking price but they won't and even if they did it would just  be more take news. What a fine mess our owner has gotten us into!

So 50/50 then?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, John said:

He won't make an offer yet, why would he?

He knows in 3 weeks time we will be crawling on our hands and knees to him begging him to make an offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep, Like we have all said for most of this thread Dem.

He is a £40m player/asset to us, if he is to go this is what it should be for.

But my incline confidence tells me to expect something like £18m and Josh Onomaha followed by a picture of Levys cock in Xia's mouth.

Someone at this club needs to get a grip as No way would Spurs be bullied out of one of their players how they try to with others.

We need to stand up to these hounds and issue a statement. £40m or **** off. - See Leicester/Marhez transfer.

(Again.. that's if Jack even wants to go!).

As much as I like the idea of issuing a statement of £40m or **** off... if Spurs and all other interested clubs were to indeed **** off the club would be in a bigger mess than it already is. We need the money hence why the vultures are circling, unfortunately we need them more than they need us.

What annoys me the most about the sale of Grealish is that any money that comes in for him is literally going to be used to pay the bills due to the inept running of the club by Xia and his cronies. Not one penny of it will actually be spent on the team and improving us on the field, and that can also be said for any other sales of players this window.

It really is desperate stuff and a massive shame that we are going to lose our best player, and the best player to have ever come out of our academy. It's going to be sickening when it finally goes through, but I feel like in 3 years time wherever we are as a football club we will look back at this and regret it even more. People are saying Grealish will come back later in his career when the club is in a better position, but I don't think we will ever be in a position to afford him back the way we are heading.

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He won't make an offer yet, why would he?

He knows in 3 weeks time we will be crawling on our hands and knees to him begging him to make an offer.

Also gives us time to receive investment or be taken over though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Also gives us time to receive investment or be taken over though.

He will still be sold, we need to meet FFP and have hemorrhaged money for years. Also, as we saw with the later Lerner years, there are not a lot of people who want to throw away hundreds of millions on a football club,

Jack will be sold, and he will be sold for a pittance, people need to accept it now. We have no power, and are in no position to play the "big man" and name our price or issue take it or leave it statements.

It is going to take a miracle to see him in a Villa shirt next year.

• Like 1

Has anyone considered the "we are desperate to sell" line might actually work for us?

Someone comes in with a low offer, our response is "sorry, we HAVE to have £35m or we go under, it's a simple as that.  You can offer us all the low bids you like but it will be completely pointless for us to sell him to you at that price.  it HAS to be £35m and that is the end of it.  We simply cannot afford to take anything less."

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

You have been paying interest to what has been posted around here? (although is the Villa voice of reason and balanced debate compare to many others) there would be absolute carnage, we can’t even agree which tea lady is to blame for feeding gabby all those pies over the years...

Haha true enough mate. I mean about the pies.?

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone considered the "we are desperate to sell" line might actually work for us?

Someone comes in with a low offer, our response is "sorry, we HAVE to have £35m or we go under, it's a simple as that.  You can offer us all the low bids you like but it will be completely pointless for us to sell him to you at that price.  it HAS to be £35m and that is the end of it.  We simply cannot afford to take anything less."

I can just imagine Levy going "OK then, we'll just wait for you to go under and pick him up for far less than we've offered now." We don't really have a strong position with this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â