The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

50 games per year, champions league & playing for their countries?

Not quite how I remembered it ?

Coutinho sealed his move to Liverpool at the age Jack is potentially going to seal his move to Tottenham, Coutniho played 30 games and had around 5 goals.

Silva did not emark upon the Premier League until the age of 25. At Jack's age he was not contributing a large number of goals. Jack was 18 when he had his first full season in the Prem.

It has been touted that Jack will play for England soon enough, and the point of comparison is that I am in line with that thinking.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Not quite how I remembered it ?

Coutinho sealed his move to Liverpool at the age Jack is potentially going to seal his move to Tottenham, Coutniho played 30 games and had around 5 goals.

Silva did not emark upon the Premier League until the age of 25. At Jack's age he was not contributing a large number of goals. Jack was 18 when he had his first full season in the Prem.

It has been touted that Jack will play for England soon enough, and the point of comparison is that I am in line with that thinking.

OK as i am a bit bored tonight....

Coutinho was 20 years & 7 months old when he joined liverpool, He moved to a completely different country with a different language. Grealish is 23 in 2 months time.

In all the numbers below cup games are included

In the 13 games he played for liverpool that season he scored 3 & got 7 assists. His total for the year including the games played for inter were 32 games played, 6 goals, 8 assists.

Age 21 he played 37, scored 5 & got 7 assists

Age 22 he  played 52 games including 6 in europe, 8 goals, 6 assists

He also made 11 appearances for Brazil in this time

Silva may not have joined the premier league until he was 21 but 07/08 when he was 20 he played 50 games for valencia including 8 champions league games scoring 7 with 11 assists

Age 21 he had a bad injuty that kept him out for half the season but still managed 6 goals & 8 assists in 27 games

Age 22 40 games, 10 goals, 11 assists

He also played 20 times for spain in this period

Both of these players stats are in the top leagues in their country

Grealish was born in September so would have been one of the older kids in every age range compared to silva (jan) & coutinho (june) and would have been 4-9 months older than each of them going into every new season

Grealish Age 20 played 21, goals 1, assists 2

Age 21 (championship) p34, goals 5 assists 5

Age 22 (chamiponship) p34, goals 3 assists 8

If Grealish had these stats in the top division maybe the lack of goals/assists doesn't look quite so bad but they are for a team that had a bigger budget, had more international players & spent more money than most of the other teams in the division combined.

Grealish stands out for us because he runs at players and it's exciting but it's rare anything comes from these runs, He may aswell have just passed it back to Hutton and have him hoof it down the pitch to nobody.

Edited by LakotaDakota

30 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Grealish stands out for us because he runs at players and it's exciting but it's rare anything comes from these runs, He may aswell have just passed it back to Hutton and have him hoof it down the pitch to nobody.

You are Steve Bruce & I claim my $200

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I give up, He a magical age changing genius that is better than Messi, Ronaldo, Coutinho,Neymar, Bale & Griezmann combined and is also better than all of them ever have been at any point in their lives.

If George Best was still around I'm sure he would have constucted some giant shrine/mural and would be begging to tie up his laces for him.

Barcelona don't need to worry about Iniesta going, The can just buy Grealish for 450 million. They won't even need to play with 11 players, Grealish and any other 4 in a 5-a side team would surely walk the spanish league.

The 39 games in the championship he has played quite good in for the most part for a team that won sod all despite being the most expensive ever assembled has convinced me that he is truly world class and will be the England captain for the next 16 years and single handedly guide them to a haul of World cups & Euros.

The person carving the names on the Ballon d'or may aswell just save themselves some time and retire now after engraving Jack Grealish on the trophy until the year 2034.

Cant wait to regale the grankids withg tales of how priviliged i was to witness that time he came on as a sub for the last 4 minutes against Ipswich when we were already 2-0 up

27 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I give up, He a magical age changing genius that is better than Messi, Ronaldo, Coutinho,Neymar, Bale & Griezmann combined and is also better than all of them ever have been at any point in their lives.

If George Best was still around I'm sure he would have constucted some giant shrine/mural and would be begging to tie up his laces for him.

Barcelona don't need to worry about Iniesta going, The can just buy Grealish for 450 million. They won't even need to play with 11 players, Grealish and any other 4 in a 5-a side team would surely walk the spanish league.

The 39 games in the championship he has played quite good in for the most part for a team that won sod all despite being the most expensive ever assembled has convinced me that he is truly world class and will be the England captain for the next 16 years and single handedly guide them to a haul of World cups & Euros.

The person carving the names on the Ballon d'or may aswell just save themselves some time and retire now after engraving Jack Grealish on the trophy until the year 2034.

Cant wait to regale the grankids withg tales of how priviliged i was to witness that time he came on as a sub for the last 4 minutes against Ipswich when we were already 2-0 up

wow, wouldnt even know where to start so wow

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

So you're saying he's a bit shit then? Which is what I said you kinda meant and you called me on it! Make your mind up fella. 

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

OK as i am a bit bored tonight....

Coutinho was 20 years & 7 months old when he joined liverpool, He moved to a completely different country with a different language. Grealish is 23 in 2 months time.

In all the numbers below cup games are included

In the 13 games he played for liverpool that season he scored 3 & got 7 assists. His total for the year including the games played for inter were 32 games played, 6 goals, 8 assists.

Age 21 he played 37, scored 5 & got 7 assists

Age 22 he  played 52 games including 6 in europe, 8 goals, 6 assists

He also made 11 appearances for Brazil in this time

Silva may not have joined the premier league until he was 21 but 07/08 when he was 20 he played 50 games for valencia including 8 champions league games scoring 7 with 11 assists

Age 21 he had a bad injuty that kept him out for half the season but still managed 6 goals & 8 assists in 27 games

Age 22 40 games, 10 goals, 11 assists

He also played 20 times for spain in this period

Both of these players stats are in the top leagues in their country

Grealish was born in September so would have been one of the older kids in every age range compared to silva (jan) & coutinho (june) and would have been 4-9 months older than each of them going into every new season

Grealish Age 20 played 21, goals 1, assists 2

Age 21 (championship) p34, goals 5 assists 5

Age 22 (chamiponship) p34, goals 3 assists 8

If Grealish had these stats in the top division maybe the lack of goals/assists doesn't look quite so bad but they are for a team that had a bigger budget, had more international players & spent more money than most of the other teams in the division combined.

While I think you've done a pretty good job at discrediting my original statements merit I'm going to highlight a few flaws in yours.

David Silva was not 21 when he joined the PL, he was 25, 24 maybe.

You are correct on Coutinho, however you fail to highlight the fact that prior to Liverpool he barely featured for Inter Milan. Jack had over 30 games in the Premier League when Coutinho was playing less than that for Inter.

Another thing, you quite rightly highlight the selection for national sides, both arguably harder to crack in to than England, and the Champions League performances.

What you don't mention is that both Coutinho and Silva played in leagues where a large portion of the competition is of the level you try and discredit Jack for playing at!

I will draw another comparison:

Luka Modric, if memory serves correct, and I'm quite confident it does, Luka was Jack's age when he sealed his move to Tottenham.

Modric had just scored 17 goals for Dinamo Zagreb in the season before, something Jack has not achieved, still, the point is only to highlight that all three players, indisputably world class players, were gaining recognition and finding their feet on the world stage at the age Jack finds himself at.

If you paid any attention to Jack's performances beyond what the stats say, you will have seen a player who, if he emulates what he did in the Championship to the PL, is a player bound for the top level.

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Good lord. 

EDIT: I have to add - even though I suspect you're going to feel plenty embarrassed about this post tomorrow morning regardless of what anyone says - it's really pretty lame mischaracterising what people have said in a manner like this. Nowhere in this thread has anyone said anything that could remotely be glossed as any of this. Literally the most fulsome praise he's received is that he's a better footballer than Dele Alli, a claim I don't agree with, but come on. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd have Grealish over Sessegnon, Maddison and pretty much any of the Wolves midfield - Neves and Sessegnon are very good and it's close, but Grealish is better. Grealish this year has been head and shoulders above any other player I've seen in the Championship. I think he'll go to Spurs and thrive.

I liked this comment until your final sentence. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

If the stats shown above were for Lansbury/Adomah/Hourihane/Snodgrass/Anyone else who plays in our midfield you would all say that they are shit/not good enough. When he plays we get significantly less points per game than when he doesn't. His goal scoring record is truly abysmal and he doesn't create many chances. As a midfielder that is his job, Running around and getting tackled/giving the ball away doesn't help us at all.

I don't disagree that he gives us something completely different than the boring pass it sideways & backwards we are so used to and it's great to see him running at players, Ultimately hardly anything comes from these runs though.

That's not how stats work. You really attributing those points averages solely to Jack playing or not...out of the countless other variables? Seriously this is Con/Michael18 level analysis.

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I heard that at the Kiddy game, he said he wants to stay...is that true?

He want's to stay, but unfortunately we have a 40m black hole in regards to FFP and he is the most saleable asset we have so ultimately we have to sell him. The decision has been made to sell him whether he likes it or not.

Â