The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Regardless of what happens with Grealish, no player is bigger than the club, I think he probably will go if the bigger clubs come in for him. Will he want to leave? He’s a Villan through and through but I won’t begrudge him a move, he’s played in some pretty poor Villa teams. Money talks these days sadly and the big clubs get their way more often than not, hopefully I’ll find the next star to emerge from our academy to replace him

If we somehow manage to keep him, along with some semblance of a decent side, just watch him go this season ?

Forget the past, he is constantly improving and is by far the best player in the league (easily the most talented and skilful). No longer a precocious young talent, he is maturing and developing into quite some player. A rare, rare talent...

More goals and assists will certainly come too...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

If you think we are better off without Jack Grealish you need to seek medical help as soon as possible. 

It’s a team game, I think we might be better without him, others can step up, it might be Callum O’Hare’s opportunity for example 

35 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Regardless of what happens with Grealish, no player is bigger than the club, I think he probably will go if the bigger clubs come in for him. Will he want to leave? He’s a Villan through and through but I won’t begrudge him a move, he’s played in some pretty poor Villa teams. Money talks these days sadly and the big clubs get their way more often than not, hopefully I’ll find the next star to emerge from our academy to replace him

Not to get too technical but if we do sell Jack for £40m then I think he actually will be bigger than The Villa. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Said weeks ago that we are actually better without him but apparently that's just meaningless stats.

He doesn't score goals and doesn't create many.

I'll keep it nice & simple, Championship league games only as this is the only thing that really matters

Total amount of games played by Aston Villa = 92

Jack Grealish :

In matchday squad: 66 (71.73% of possible)

Starting eleven: 39 (42.39% of possible starts)

Came on as sub: 19

Unused sub: 8

Of the 39 games he has started We have Won 16 Drawn 11 & Lost 12 (41.02% win percentage) 1.51 points per game

Of the 58 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 22 Drawn 16 & Lost 20 (37.93% win percentage) 1.41 points per game

Strange that, The more he plays the worse we perform.

So how do we get on when he isn't around......

In the 34 games he played no part in at all We have Won 18 Drawn 9 & Lost 7 (52.94% win percentage) 1.85 points per game

If you take the team as a whole over the two seasons we have a 43.47% win percentage & average 1.57 points per game, We win more often & earn far more points per game without him on the pitch

If you look at Grealish over his entire career (including reserves/u21 etc) he has played 192 games, scored 20 goals with 31 assists. People keep saying his end product will come but his best ever season is still 2013/14 when he was on loan at league 1 Notts County. He might be running around a bit more but he is still incapable of creating anything on a regular basis.

All this from a player that people are comparing to coutinho and stating that he is better than Dele Alli

People like him because he runs around a lot, is a fan and has floppy hair. Sure he has loads of potential, He may be out "best player" but in reality that speaks more about how bad we are & he really isn't that good.

Has he **** your missus or something?

Anyone with eyes can tell how good Jack is. He's no Coutinho, but he's certainly a hell of a lot better than you're giving him credit for.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Said weeks ago that we are actually better without him but apparently that's just meaningless stats.

He doesn't score goals and doesn't create many.

I'll keep it nice & simple, Championship league games only as this is the only thing that really matters

Total amount of games played by Aston Villa = 92

Jack Grealish :

In matchday squad: 66 (71.73% of possible)

Starting eleven: 39 (42.39% of possible starts)

Came on as sub: 19

Unused sub: 8

Of the 39 games he has started We have Won 16 Drawn 11 & Lost 12 (41.02% win percentage) 1.51 points per game

Of the 58 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 22 Drawn 16 & Lost 20 (37.93% win percentage) 1.41 points per game

Strange that, The more he plays the worse we perform.

So how do we get on when he isn't around......

In the 34 games he played no part in at all We have Won 18 Drawn 9 & Lost 7 (52.94% win percentage) 1.85 points per game

If you take the team as a whole over the two seasons we have a 43.47% win percentage & average 1.57 points per game, We win more often & earn far more points per game without him on the pitch

If you look at Grealish over his entire career (including reserves/u21 etc) he has played 192 games, scored 20 goals with 31 assists. People keep saying his end product will come but his best ever season is still 2013/14 when he was on loan at league 1 Notts County. He might be running around a bit more but he is still incapable of creating anything on a regular basis.

All this from a player that people are comparing to coutinho and stating that he is better than Dele Alli

People like him because he runs around a lot, is a fan and has floppy hair. Sure he has loads of potential, He may be out "best player" but in reality that speaks more about how bad we are & he really isn't that good.

Although I think Villa are a better side with Grealish, I have to applaud your analysis of the alternative view.  You could be a defence barrister!

• Haha 1

If the stats shown above were for Lansbury/Adomah/Hourihane/Snodgrass/Anyone else who plays in our midfield you would all say that they are shit/not good enough. When he plays we get significantly less points per game than when he doesn't. His goal scoring record is truly abysmal and he doesn't create many chances. As a midfielder that is his job, Running around and getting tackled/giving the ball away doesn't help us at all.

I don't disagree that he gives us something completely different than the boring pass it sideways & backwards we are so used to and it's great to see him running at players, Ultimately hardly anything comes from these runs though.

Edited by LakotaDakota

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If the stats shown above were for Lansbury/Adomah/Hourihane/Snodgrass/Anyone else who plays in our midfield you would all say that they are shit/not good enough. When he plays we get significantly less points per game than when he doesn't. His goal scoring record is truly abysmal and he doesn't create many chances. As a midfielder that is his job, Running around and getting tackled/giving the ball away doesn't help us at all.

I don't disagree that he gives us something completely different than the boring pass it sideways & backwards we are so used to and it's great to see him running at players, Ultimately hardly anything comes from these runs though.

Because we haven't really got the right player at No 9 to capitalise.

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If the stats shown above were for Lansbury/Adomah/Hourihane/Snodgrass/Anyone else who plays in our midfield you would all say that they are shit/not good enough.

No we wouldn't. Well I can't speak for everyone but I certainly wouldn't.

Because I know that attributing an entire team's performance and points ratio to one player doesn't work

• Like 2

We might play better football but we win far fewer games, Lose far more often and get less points. 2 seasons is plenty of time to judge this, not like it's selected 10 games to sway anything

That's ok though, It's just judging on stats

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

We might play better football but we win far fewer games, Lose far more often and get less points. 2 seasons is plenty of time to judge this, not like it's selected 10 games to sway anything

That's ok though, It's just judging on stats

I have compared him to Coutinho and David Silva on numerous occasion.

Look at the stats for what those guys were doing at Jack's age.

17 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I have compared him to Coutinho and David Silva on numerous occasion.

Look at the stats for what those guys were doing at Jack's age.

50 games per year, champions league & playing for their countries?

17 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I get what @LakotaDakota is saying, we were 5th when he came back into the fold last winter and finished 4th but to say he's basically 'a bit shit' is stretching it, this boy will be a superstar but *sadly not with us.

*Still not going anywhere though. 

I'm not trying to say he's shit, He obviously has potential but so do hundreds/thousands of other players. For all the running around and beating players it very rarely results in anything actually happening. When he plays we constantly try to feed everything through him but it just doesn't work, They may "only be stats" but the results over 2 seasons simply do not lie.

If we were sat in mid table in the premier league and looking to take a gamble on a championship player would anyone actually suggest buying Grealish ahead of Sessegnon, Maddison, any of wolves midfield. They are all around the same age or younger and had far more productive seasons. Hourihane in a more advanced position currently offers far more than Grealish. This might not be the case in a year or two but if i had to choose one now to play every week it wouldn't be Jack.

Â