The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone considered the "we are desperate to sell" line might actually work for us?

Someone comes in with a low offer, our response is "sorry, we HAVE to have £35m or we go under, it's a simple as that.  You can offer us all the low bids you like but it will be completely pointless for us to sell him to you at that price.  it HAS to be £35m and that is the end of it.  We simply cannot afford to take anything less."

Clubs will just bide their time until we enter administration, and then make a bid (probably lower than what is originally being proposed).

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I can just imagine Levy going "OK then, we'll just wait for you to go under and pick him up for far less than we've offered now." We don't really have a strong position with this.

9 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Clubs will just bide their time until we enter administration, and then make a bid (probably lower than what is originally being proposed).

And then they risk losing a player, who they apparently want, to another team for what is still a relatively low price for a young hot English talent?

I think people are playing the last minute card a little too much.  Teams will want to know what their squad is and have proper planning in place.  Yes some deals do go to the wire but usually that is because of other targets falling through and I don't think the majority of teams actually want to be involved in deadline day signings.  The sky excitement of deadline day has fallen a little flat recently.

If spuds don't play ball and bide their time, Liverpool or Leicester or someone might get in first.  If they want a player do the business and get him in.

In addition the job of an administrator is to keep the club trading and solvent as a going concern.  No administrator will be looking to flog off valuable assets for peanuts - they might well find an administrator plays much harder ball (experienced negotiators as they are) than the club itself.

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep, Like we have all said for most of this thread Dem.

He is a £40m player/asset to us, if he is to go this is what it should be for.

But my incline confidence tells me to expect something like £18m and Josh Onomaha followed by a picture of Levys cock in Xia's mouth.

Someone at this club needs to get a grip as No way would Spurs be bullied out of one of their players how they try to with others.

We need to stand up to these hounds and issue a statement. £40m or **** off. - See Leicester/Marhez transfer.

(Again.. that's if Jack even wants to go!).

Good post I and i totally agree rigo

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And then they risk losing a player, who they apparently want, to another team for what is still a relatively low price for a young hot English talent?

I think people are playing the last minute card a little too much.  Teams will want to know what their squad is and have proper planning in place.  Yes some deals do go to the wire but usually that is because of other targets falling through and I don't think the majority of teams actually want to be involved in deadline day signings.  The sky excitement of deadline day has fallen a little flat recently.

If spuds don't play ball and bide their time, Liverpool or Leicester or someone might get in first.  If they want a player do the business and get him in.

In addition the job of an administrator is to keep the club trading and solvent as a going concern.  No administrator will be looking to flog off valuable assets for peanuts - they might well find an administrator plays much harder ball (experienced negotiators as they are) than the club itself.

Don't Spurs usually sign players at the last minute?

I understand what you mean about another team getting in first but if a Liverpool or Leicester had a deal agreed, and Spurs really wanted Grealish, I'm sure they would match the bid. I wouldn't imagine we would turn it down because we've been messed about.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep, Like we have all said for most of this thread Dem.

He is a £40m player/asset to us, if he is to go this is what it should be for.

But my incline confidence tells me to expect something like £18m and Josh Onomaha followed by a picture of Levys cock in Xia's mouth.

Someone at this club needs to get a grip as No way would Spurs be bullied out of one of their players how they try to with others.

We need to stand up to these hounds and issue a statement. £40m or **** off. - See Leicester/Marhez transfer.

To be fair, Leicester sold Mahrez for £20 million less than they ‘demanded’. A solid premier team as well, what chance have we got in our position?

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

To be fair, Leicester sold Mahrez for £20 million less than they ‘demanded’. A solid premier team as well, what chance have we got in our position?

Player power.

(See: Gabby Agbonlahor, Micah Richards)

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Player power.

If Jack is agreeing to be sold, I’m sure he is far less interested than us in the price. He can refuse terms and stay with us, or he can agree to go and it’s down to the club to sort the price, it’ll have next to nothing to do with Jack.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How would anything like this work if we need the money?  Spurs are fine.  Leicester are fine.  We are skint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Player power.

(See: Gabby Agbonlahor, Micah Richards)

It’s not player power if nobody is trying to buy them in the first place, and even if they are they’d be on drastically lower wages. Are you actually comparing Micah Richards situation to Jack Grealish’s?

17 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

It’s not player power if nobody is trying to buy them in the first place, and even if they are they’d be on drastically lower wages. Are you actually comparing Micah Richards situation to Jack Grealish’s?

Gabby's would be a better comparison.

24 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

If Jack is agreeing to be sold, I’m sure he is far less interested than us in the price. He can refuse terms and stay with us, or he can agree to go and it’s down to the club to sort the price, it’ll have next to nothing to do with Jack.

Are you sure?

If he wanted to go then that's a different kettle of fish.

If he doesn't then the club can't exactly force him to leave.

Simples.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

AvfcRigo82, do you still think Grealish is staying?  You've been pretty clear throughout the thread, so just wondered what your thoughts are at this point?

That's a question for the player himself to answer wouldn't you agree?

My comments are my thoughts on the situation as an onlooker. ;)

What I will say that if any deal is in progress it needs to suit all parties to a degree.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

5 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

What a lot of old tosh! Are we supposed to be impressed by those kind of stats?...

Joe Hart: 266 appearances for Man City, 75 caps for England.

Manchester City

Individual

And there is no denying Joe Hart used to be class is there? He's now crap though... 

I'm not sure if you're aware that the 2017/18 champions league and the world Cup was quite recent meaning Alisson is currently performing at those levels and Joe Hart isn't... 

If you think you're getting anywhere near 30 million for grealish you're going to be disappointed. 

OK, so the thing with Jack is that he is by far our best player, a talent that will only get better, and one of our own. BUT, controversial comment I know, will we be better off without him? I am not convinced on this point myself, just putting it up here for debate. Most points are tenuous, I am clutching at straws as I am just go gutted about this all like most and trying to plan for the worst. 

1. Limited suitable formations - When we play with Jack, he is wasted out wide, and probably still a little too light weight to play in a 4-4-2 in the middle, so he has to play off the front man, meaning we can only play 1 forward and leave big gaps between the midfield and striker. Or we play 4-3-3, again with only front man. The only formation I see working with Jack and two forwards is a 4-3-1-2 which we haven't done much of and is obviously limiting. I like many others, want to see us play 2 forwards a lot more often this season. 

2. One man team danger - When we play with Jack, everything goes through him. Will others players become tired of giving it to him all the time. And what when it doesn't work? yes he can draw 2-3 men to him opening space for others, but teams may work this trick out and it will become a mark jack out the game and beat Villa. 

3. No back up in his position - An injury hits Jacks, and the team starts to worry as we have built the team around him, and currently have no one to replace him. Last season when he got injured, we loaded Onomah to replace him and that didn't exactly work. We have no ready made replacement here, maybe O'hare is the closest, Adomah could play centrally and likes a dribble, but they are not Jack's level. 

4. Too deep. I have noticed Jack has been pickling the ball up very deep recently, end of last season and pre-season so far. He is so keen to influence games and be the main man, I sense he is coming too deap to get more of the ball, affecting our shape and reducing his influence by making him do the good stuff he does in an area that wont hurt the opposition as much. 

5. Lack of stats - yes he has played amazingly, but stats wise, goals and assists, it isn't that impressive. Do we get deceived by the drop of the shoulder and mazy runs, and let off the odd scuffed shot or poor cross?

6. Free kicks - Jack gets fouled a lot. Free kicks are handy, but how many goals did villa get from set pieces last year? 17, which is joint 6th in the league, so obviously important,, but without Snoddy to take them this year, oh forget it, this is clearly a massive loss, Connor can whip them in and this is all just a bit gutting! DON'T SELL HIM! Lets all as fans just pay £1,000 each, 40,000 of that and we can keep him right? I got a tenner. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Are you sure?

If he wanted to go then that's a different kettle of fish.

If he doesn't then the club can't exactly force him to leave.

Simples.

I imagine he can force them to let him stay, if he refuses terms on whatever contract spurs offer him. But if we’re telling him he has to go to save the club then that’s a different thing I guess.

He most likely doesn't want to go but I can't see him refusing to move if it was for the good of the club. 

No doubt the Charlatan Dr will be telling him if you don't go the club will fold, do you want that on your conscience?

1 hour ago, jimcohen said:

OK, so the thing with Jack is that he is by far our best player, a talent that will only get better, and one of our own. BUT, controversial comment I know, will we be better off without him? I am not convinced on this point myself, just putting it up here for debate. Most points are tenuous, I am clutching at straws as I am just go gutted about this all like most and trying to plan for the worst. 

1. Limited suitable formations - When we play with Jack, he is wasted out wide, and probably still a little too light weight to play in a 4-4-2 in the middle, so he has to play off the front man, meaning we can only play 1 forward and leave big gaps between the midfield and striker. Or we play 4-3-3, again with only front man. The only formation I see working with Jack and two forwards is a 4-3-1-2 which we haven't done much of and is obviously limiting. I like many others, want to see us play 2 forwards a lot more often this season. 

2. One man team danger - When we play with Jack, everything goes through him. Will others players become tired of giving it to him all the time. And what when it doesn't work? yes he can draw 2-3 men to him opening space for others, but teams may work this trick out and it will become a mark jack out the game and beat Villa. 

3. No back up in his position - An injury hits Jacks, and the team starts to worry as we have built the team around him, and currently have no one to replace him. Last season when he got injured, we loaded Onomah to replace him and that didn't exactly work. We have no ready made replacement here, maybe O'hare is the closest, Adomah could play centrally and likes a dribble, but they are not Jack's level. 

4. Too deep. I have noticed Jack has been pickling the ball up very deep recently, end of last season and pre-season so far. He is so keen to influence games and be the main man, I sense he is coming too deap to get more of the ball, affecting our shape and reducing his influence by making him do the good stuff he does in an area that wont hurt the opposition as much. 

5. Lack of stats - yes he has played amazingly, but stats wise, goals and assists, it isn't that impressive. Do we get deceived by the drop of the shoulder and mazy runs, and let off the odd scuffed shot or poor cross?

6. Free kicks - Jack gets fouled a lot. Free kicks are handy, but how many goals did villa get from set pieces last year? 17, which is joint 6th in the league, so obviously important,, but without Snoddy to take them this year, oh forget it, this is clearly a massive loss, Connor can whip them in and this is all just a bit gutting! DON'T SELL HIM! Lets all as fans just pay £1,000 each, 40,000 of that and we can keep him right? I got a tenner. 

Good effort but unfortunately I think, yes, you are clutching at straws... 

Â