The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

For as long as I can remember, whenever we have decent players, they always go and there has always been an inevitability about it. It hurts each and every time when all we've ever wanted is for the good players to want to stay and build something special to get this club back to the top. From the Yorkes to the Milners, Youngs, Bentekes, whoever, when theyre good it sucks, it always feels like we get stabbed in the back (Fabian).

But the one big difference now is that Jack Grealish is the one who actually wants to stay and would probably accept earning 5x less than he can easily get in the Prem, because he is as die hard Villa as the rest of us. But this is the time we're in supposed financial meltdown and dont really have an option. Its heartbreaking stuff. Going to be excruciating if he is to be tearing things up in a dirty Tottenham shirt, but I will follow his career closely and wish him the best. Brilliant talent.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

it’s acceptance, I can’t kid myself into thinking he will stay forever and also knowing it might be for the benefit of the clubs future. I’ll be sad if we have to sell for hundreds of reasons, I want him in a Villa shirt but not playing against Crawley in league 2. Partly, wanting him to go on to unbelievable success is to justify why he had to leave.

Good posts - sadly this is how I see it as well. 

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Acceptance".

We can cut lots of cloth and still be able to pay his wages, and build a young team around him.

He is a Villa fan and just might want to play a big part in our revival.

Going by multiple reports he wants to stay and the club want him to stay.

smh.

I'm almost certain he wants to give us one more year at least.

it depends on the finances and info i’m not privy to. I totally agree if we CAN afford to keep him and not collapse, then of course do it!

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from that mate I think he is the best "morale" boost we have at the club. 

So amidst all the adversity and shite I feel we must keep at least ONE element the fans have become attached to.

He is undoubtedly a part of why ticket sales have gone up and the connection between fans and club have gotten strong again even given our predicament.

Would be such a massive boost all round if he stayed.

I personally think the only way that will happen is if a club doesn’t meet the asking price. Whatever that may be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Acceptance".

We can cut lots of cloth and still be able to pay his wages, and build a young team around him.

He is a Villa fan and just might want to play a big part in our revival.

Going by multiple reports he wants to stay and the club want him to stay.

smh.

I'm almost certain he wants to give us one more year at least.

What reports have you read about him wanting to stay? It would be absolutely amazing if there is any way we could keep him. Just imagine the morale boost it would give everybody involved at the club. If we do somehow keep him then I'd say it would potentially be the most important piece of transfer business we've ever done.

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Would you offer him the armband?

If Chester goes and there is a chance he will stay then Jack is the obvious choice.. If not, we will have to see who we have left by August and get them to draw straws.

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

I'd make him captain. Encourage him to stay for one more year. If we don't go up he can go with everyone's blessing. 

Agreed but his transfer fee would take a hit as he would only have a year left on his contract next summer and money rather than footballing reasons are taking precedence at our football club presently.

39 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed but his transfer fee would take a hit as he would only have a year left on his contract next summer and money rather than footballing reasons are taking precedence at our football club presently.

But if he managed to get us promoted playing after he gets a full season under his belt...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, John said:

It all depends on how much the club needs the revenue from selling Grealish now? If the club can afford to keep him and Grealish wants to stay for another season then why not reach a gentleman’s agreement with the player that he signs a new contract on the premise that if Villa miss out on promotion next season again the player can still leave for a substantial fee. It’s a win win for everybody then.

My concern is with Spurs reportedly sniffing around a deal Levy will offer something like 15m-20m plus Anomah this transfer window and Bruce will recommend the club accept it if still manager.

That would be an awful deal for Villa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Would you offer him the armband?

Yes, would also offer him £750,000 after 50 league goals, £1m after winning the Champions league, and £5m a pop for a FA cup winners medal and PL winners medal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

But if he managed to get us promoted playing after he gets a full season under his belt...

There is no chance we're getting promoted next season.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

There is no chance we're getting promoted next season.

I would say there is. It just hinges on our managerial appointment and Jack staying with us. If Cardiff got autos last season thanks to Neil Warnock then there's a chance for anybody to do it. 

Â