The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I wouldn’t really want the 30m and loan for season offer from Chelsea. I think he’s worth more than that, plus training him up an extra year, getting him ready for Chelsea more is no benefit to us in the long run.

Edited by mikeyp102

46 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What's the point in being a fan, if were actively looking to get rid of a once in a generation academy product to just pay the bills? Is that what football has come to? 

Its shambolic and an utter disgrace that we have been run so badly that it comes to this. 

Football has come to? This is all down the owner risking everything on buying his way out of Championship offering semi decent players Premiership lite contracts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I wouldn’t really want the 30m and loan for season offer from Chelsea. I think he’s worth more than that, plus training him up an extra year, getting him ready for Chelsea more is no benefit to us in the long run.

maybe but in our current situation he will at least be a shining light on what is expected to be a miserable season

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m assuming that if the club refuse to sell him this summer for 30m it’s because they can afford to do so. 

Or they will gamble like they have been for the last two years

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Or they will gamble like they have been for the last two years

Part of me wouldn’t even care if we took the last gamble. What’s the worst that can happen? 

Anyway the football league isn’t about to let us take anymore risks so I wouldn’t worry about Grealish staying. If his price is met he will leave.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Part of me wouldn’t even care if we took the last gamble. What’s the worst that can happen? 

Anyway the football league isn’t about to let us take anymore risks so I wouldn’t worry about Grealish staying. If his price is met he will leave.

Well let's say we are in a deficit of 10m-15m for reaching our target then we have to go intito  adminstration thats practically guaranteeing relegation with a minus 12 points.

That would destroy the club

So for me any deal where we can get 30m and grealish gonna season loan is be happy with that.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Kingman said:

To start things off as a minimum and get us round the table... 

£40m upfront + Loan him back to us for the season whilst Chelsea pay his wages and loan us Tammy Abraham for the season (also wages free) 

25% sell on clause on any future sale + Villa get first refusal to buy back. 

I would rather we got Kenedy ?

He staying maybe?

Bruce was not present at the meeting, chaired by chief commercial officer Luke Organ, but was later informed of the surprisingly bright outlook by Steve Round, the club’s technical director.

Though the budget is reduced from last season, the cuts are not so severe as feared and both Bruce and Round are now more confident of being able to build a team that can be competitive in the Championship next term.

Some sources have even suggested Villa, who have been suffering from an acute cash crisis, are ready to fight to keep star man Jack Grealish.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/13/steve-bruce-encouraged-after-receiving-positive-news-on-aston-villas-playing-budget/

Just now, Jareth said:

He staying maybe?

Bruce was not present at the meeting, chaired by chief commercial officer Luke Organ, but was later informed of the surprisingly bright outlook by Steve Round, the club’s technical director.

Though the budget is reduced from last season, the cuts are not so severe as feared and both Bruce and Round are now more confident of being able to build a team that can be competitive in the Championship next term.

Some sources have even suggested Villa, who have been suffering from an acute cash crisis, are ready to fight to keep star man Jack Grealish.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/13/steve-bruce-encouraged-after-receiving-positive-news-on-aston-villas-playing-budget/

If this was true great.

For me my plan of action would be trying to get rid of the high earners like jedinak to begin with. I think teams might be interested on him. See if we can sell McCormack even if its for something like 2m to get him off the books. Not sure what whelan is earning but I'd consider gettibg rid of him too if he is on 25k+

If I was to cash in on someone it woukd be Hogan as I'm sure he will be high wages. Even if we get him off the wage bill at a loss like 5m it saves money long term.

I'd release hutton as he is 34 and really we have to start utilising bree as rb next year with Elmo. Taylor's another id consider selling

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

If this was true great.

For me my plan of action would be trying to get rid of the high earners like jedinak to begin with. I think teams might be interested on him. See if we can sell McCormack even if its for something like 2m to get him off the books. Not sure what whelan is earning but I'd consider gettibg rid of him too if he is on 25k+

If I was to cash in on someone it woukd be Hogan as I'm sure he will be high wages. Even if we get him off the wage bill at a loss like 5m it saves money long term.

I'd release hutton as he is 34 and really we have to start utilising bree as rb next year with Elmo. Taylor's another id consider selling

It's either a negotiation tactic knowing we must sell, or a stubborn hard nosed attitude towards keeping our star player. If it can be done how you say (sacrifice Jack last) that would be rather good news all in all.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's either a negotiation tactic knowing we must sell, or a stubborn hard nosed attitude towards keeping our star player. If it can be done how you say (sacrifice Jack last) that would be rather good news all in all.

I'd rather keep grealish if possible but if we are in a mess financially as reported the club is more important than any player 

But if there are ways to save a lot of money like above then we need to explore those first 

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well let's say we are in a deficit of 10m-15m for reaching our target then we have to go intito  adminstration thats practically guaranteeing relegation with a minus 12 points.

That would destroy the club

So for me any deal where we can get 30m and grealish gonna season loan is be happy with that.

F**k em. I want to watch Jack play. 

Edit: As bad as the current administration is at Villa. I doubt they would miss out on an extra 15M for Jack if it meant the club go in to administration.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

If we can get £30 million now take it. If we don't sell him now we won't get anything for him. He will be in the last year of his contract next year so we will either get peanuts for him or he will run his deal down for **** all. Beggars can't be choosers, £30m for someone who has had half a good season in the second tier is great business

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

He staying maybe?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Xia or He dictated that article down the phone. 

48 minutes ago, KHV said:

If we can get £30 million now take it. If we don't sell him now we won't get anything for him. He will be in the last year of his contract next year so we will either get peanuts for him or he will run his deal down for **** all. Beggars can't be choosers, £30m for someone who has had half a good season in the second tier is great business

OR

We keep him he helps us to promotion and signs a new deal.

• Like 2

I would take £30m - He is a great player , and great to watch - but we got to 5th in league without him - and clubs do get promoted without players of grealish's calibre in there side. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I would take £30m - He is a great player , and great to watch - but we got to 5th in league without him - and clubs do get promoted without players of grealish's calibre in there side. 

But we got to 4th WITH him.

Finances aside there is literally ZERO argument to say we are better without him.

Well aside from a load of nonsense stats I saw posted earlier in the thread.

• Like 1

Â