The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Aside from us some how being able to afford to keep him that would be probably he the best scenario possible all round.

Almost sounds too good to be true.

Really don't think 30m is enough for Grealish considering the inflated prices for decent players unless there is a sell on fee involved in that and even then?

• Like 1

If he leaves to go to Chelsea, I'll be devastated, he is technically our best player for me but at the same time, he'll go with my blessing. I hope we get a good fee for him but part of me thinks he'll stay as him and his family are Villa and he's been here a long time. If he leaves, he'll have his work cut out to get in Chelsea's star studded midfield but I think he will manage it over time probably not straight away. He's probably the best player I have seen emerge from our academy but he is Premier League quality in my opinion, let's wait and see

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I was waiting to hear what the guy in the back of the computer shop's mate's brother's whatever had to say on all goings on at Villa. Now I know. Definitely true. 

Well, that was rude, I just passed on what I heard I didn't make out like I'm ITK.

FYI it was made out it was the son of someone connected to the hierarchy either past or present.

I guess you will find out tomorrow as the media usually reports when someone has a medical.

26 minutes ago, striker said:

Really don't think 30m is enough for Grealish considering the inflated prices for decent players unless there is a sell on fee involved in that and even then?

I think selling him cheap would be worth it if the team allowed him to come on loan for a year. 

26 minutes ago, striker said:

I think selling him cheap would be worth it if the team allowed him to come on loan for a year. 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes but if we sell him cheap, we wouldn't have as much to cash in early in 3 months time when the leccy bill is due.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Let's not sell grealish then and only get around 10-15m with one year left on his.contract.

That would be very smart business

Id be happy If we kept him another year and then sold him for 10-15m. I enjoy watching him play. 

That extra 15m isn’t going to entertain us.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul1984 said:

Don't take it as gospel but it wasn't someone seeking publicity I just overheard him telling a work mate.

If true I wonder what the fee is, Spurs aren't known to pay well and a bidding war doesnt seem to have happened or we would have heard about it.

The idea of him going doesn’t hurt so much if we get a decent fee, but him going for peanuts would be the most upsetting thing about this whole fiasco.

To start things off as a minimum and get us round the table... 

£40m upfront + Loan him back to us for the season whilst Chelsea pay his wages and loan us Tammy Abraham for the season (also wages free) 

25% sell on clause on any future sale + Villa get first refusal to buy back. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Aaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh. For the 10,000th time, the £5m per month losses are a) only press talk and b) will be reduced as we get our house in order with the already massively reduced wages like Gabby, Snodgrass, Grabban, Johnstone and Terry going plus whoever else we shift out. The aim is to make us profit making as soon as possible. 

Ah, so then we don't need to sell Jack after all? Or do we still need to in order to comply with FFP?

sell him to Chelsea for £30m with  a season long loan back to us and a £30m buy back clause activated if we win promotion  ... then we get an interest free £30m loan from Roman and get Jack back for our new Premier league campaign in 2019

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Let's not sell grealish then and only get around 10-15m with one year left on his.contract.

That would be very smart business

I'm more than a little worried that we might sell him for that sort of amount now.?

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Id be happy If we kept him another year and then sold him for 10-15m. I enjoy watching him play. 

That extra 15m isn’t going to entertain us.

So we lose 15m with our current financial situation?

Absolute madness

Well today was supposed to be decision day - so if he leaving tomorrow - I wouldn't expect the fee to be great, around the £15m mark. It would also imply that the club is being run hand to mouth and that money is needed to pay the wages for a few months.... 

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What's the point in being a fan, if were actively looking to get rid of a once in a generation academy product to just pay the bills? Is that what football has come to? 

Its shambolic and an utter disgrace that we have been run so badly that it comes to this. 

Yes, it is shambolic, and yes, it is an absolute disgrace, but sadly yes, we do need to actively look to get rid of the best player I've seen us produce for many years, because there's nothing else that will keep the lights on. 

It's devastating. 

Â