The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I would take £30m - He is a great player , and great to watch - but we got to 5th in league without him - and clubs do get promoted without players of grealish's calibre in there side. 

Yeah £30 mill min. It would have to be as much to make it worth it. If we can afford that.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Damn it, should have said that more quietly.

Ha... good luck to you whatever happens. Apologies for upsetting a few people, I didn't post to antagonise anyone. But reacted badly to a few people taking a pop at me, or attempting to make out I was being disingenuous.

Just now, babyblue said:

Ha... good luck to you whatever happens. Apologies for upsetting a few people, I didn't post to antagonise anyone. But reacted badly to a few people taking a pop at me, or attempting to make out I was being disingenuous.

Cheers pal, we love upsetting each other on here so you blended in beautifully!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

What's the point in being a fan, if were actively looking to get rid of a once in a generation academy product to just pay the bills? Is that what football has come to? 

Its shambolic and an utter disgrace that we have been run so badly that it comes to this. 

Welcome to the world of football outside of the premier league. Excluding a handful of clubs at the top end of the championship, this IS life for all football league teams.

This isn't looking down or sneering, this will be the reality for Leicester again at some point. Perhaps I'm just more used to that existence having spent a good chuck of time down there, where you've done well to keep out of it pretty much.

even if it was £15m with another £15m in potential bonuses we shouldnt touch it

if we accept that then our finances are properly ****, even worse than the hysterics in the media suggested

and it will be followed by a meltdown

• Like 1

If our finances are completely **** to the point where we're spending £5m too much a month, accepting £15m would be crazy.

Because our finances are apparently so bad, we should be holding out for everything we can get. 

Edited by PieFacE

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'll be done with Xia if he sells Jack for any price but if we sell him for that we might as well just give up.

What an insulting offer from a team that spent over double that on bloody Moussa Sissoko.

Yeah if we seriously sold Jack for £15m I think i'd give up on the Villa to be honest.

Certainly would take a long time for my interest to pick up again, he was the only player worth watching last season whilst we were pissing money away on Gabby, Richards, McCormack, Lansbury and Hogan. 

So sick of seeing this club so mismanaged. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah if we seriously sold Jack for £15m I think i'd give up on the Villa to be honest.

Certainly would take a long time for my interest to pick up again, he was the only player worth watching last season whilst we were pissing money away on Gabby, Richards, McCormack, Lansbury and Hogan. 

So sick of seeing this club so mismanaged. 

I had to stop short of saying i'd give up on Villa because I know I wouldn't but I share the sentiment.

Xia has pissed me off with all this 'fan' bollocks. If he really is a fan of Aston Villa then he should be selling literally everything he can to avoid selling Jack.

• Like 1

The offer is exactly in line with what I suggested, your best hope is a bidding war. Would be utterly amazed if anyone offered anything north of £25 including add ons. Which of course you are entitled to reject or ask for more of course, but it won't get paid IMO.

So the view will need to be taken that if he's not going to sign a new contract or you can't afford to offer him a lucrative one... is £15m / £20m / £25m better than £10m or less next summer, if as a few have said he'll only have a year left It's exactly the situation we're in... we see CB's going for £75m so we value Mahrez at more. But nobody is willing to pay it, so our choice is to take £65 / £75m now or accept that we'll probably lose him for £25m / £30m next summer.

6 minutes ago, babyblue said:

The offer is exactly in line with what I suggested, your best hope is a bidding war. Would be utterly amazed if anyone offered anything north of £25 including add ons. Which of course you are entitled to reject or ask for more of course, but it won't get paid IMO.

So the view will need to be taken that if he's not going to sign a new contract or you can't afford to offer him a lucrative one... is £15m / £20m / £25m better than £10m or less next summer, if as a few have said he'll only have a year left It's exactly the situation we're in... we see CB's going for £75m so we value Mahrez at more. But nobody is willing to pay it, so our choice is to take £65 / £75m now or accept that we'll probably lose him for £25m / £30m next summer.

Thing is for us, having Jack in the team for 2 seasons and maybe try and sneak promotion via play-offs (unlikely but who knows) will be way better for us than having £15-25m in the bank now which would go towards playing McCormacks wages. Even at the risk of him leaving for free after the 2 years. He's an academy player and cost nothing other than time and wages. 

There's a lot of players we should be accepting low-ball offers for, Jack isn't one of them. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Â